Option to turn off weather effects.

While I understand it is a shame for graphic workers to see their hard work hided and never used, The main point of a game is it s gameplay. If some graphic items are bad for some/most players gameplay, then it is a killer.

You can t please everyone it is true but assuring a minimum quality of playtime for every players is what a good game design should also target.

You are loosing many players by not letting them enjoy the gameplay because of some aesthetic reasons.

A simple option to turn off those graphical items is not an insult to the artists or to the level-designers. A videogame is not a piece of art just meant to be admired, it is a piece of art mean to be consumed....

Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jan 12, 2015, 1:16:07 PM
Since the complain about the rain is everywhere, and no action is taken, they invest their time on doing thing that i don't care, i just want to come to contribute my voice here: i want disable the rain! Dominus fight is difficult for me and all the casual who don't have PC dedicated for game is unfair! Lag spike up to 2 second on a boss fight is impossible to compensate with skill or whatever.

I have a PC case with graphic card dedicated, i bought for 50€ last year, i can play almost all the "hardware killer" that time. Window rated my graphic performance is 7.5, and i still can't play this 2D game even with potato graphic, that's just ridiculous.

Yep basically. Have an option to turn off weather effects, and maybe throw in a few new ones in some areas for the computers that can handle the graphics.

Sceptre of God rain gets me every time... >.>
Since 2.0 I've died 3 times to load screen and failed 2 timed Zanas on rainy maps.

PLEASE GGG, let us disable them. If you're so concerned about the atmosphere or the artwork just consider this, I do not run rainy zones at all, if I can avoid it. It makes no difference to me whether a zone is rainy or not unless the rain is going to have an effect on my fire or lightning abilities. I can name all the rainy zones that I will never willingly farm, go to, or sit around and appreciate because I'm too busy NOT BEING IN THAT ZONE AT ALL BECAUSE OF THE RAIN.

For me it has nothing to do with difficulty of Dominus fight, but rather my direct ability to enjoy and appreciate parts of this game. Nothing sucks more than having to wait 5 minutes to load a zone, staring at a black screen hoping that the damn game wont just crash altogether. This makes party play excruciating as I cannot pop in and out of zones as freely as everyone else. I cannot join public mapping groups because they can full clear a Shipyard before I can load. Bottom line, it is NOT FUN and it seriously destroys pacing for me because as soon as I hit a good stride, it can be broken by a single zone taking forever to load. Hardcore modes are COMPLETELY off the table because I can die to a load screen with no control of my character whatsoever.

I don't see how this problem hasn't been addressed yet!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info