Option to turn off weather effects.

I don't have epilepsy, but lightning effects in starting area take its toll on my eyes, a specially because generally i have tired eyes or when i progress throughout difficulties the switch from darky end of pyramid into flash lightning is very painful, generaly makes me rush through this area and kill hillock asap :P

Fix? I dont neccesirily think this particular lightning effect needs cutting, but surely it needs some toning down. Now its blinding 0.5 sec flash.

I repeat, you don't need to be epileptic to have problems with this, many people playing current beta are gamers after all and we all now that nerds dont have healthy eyes, after 10 hour clearing whole dificulty and getting into starting area its "oh god, my eyes" moment.
"
Russell wrote:
We wont ever have an option to disable weather effects as it removes the atmosphere of the environments.

However we will be adding many graphical options in the future so you can set your settings to your pcs needs.

So particle quality , texture quality , model quality and so on.

Also currently im missing a material option to make the rain and enviro effects less laggy. This will hopefully be there before open beta. Otherwise im sure there will be many more people who will be pretty mad at low fps's in rainy/windy areas.

Hi,

Will we be seeing this soon? In areas like the Ship Graveyard it's pretty scary - but for the wrong reasons. In HC, I never know when I'll get spammed with cold snap while struggling with low FPS.

The effects are awesome and great for atmosphere, agreed. But like many gamers these days, I play on a laptop.

Let's have a patch to test out the graphics for lower-performance computers soon please.
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
Bump on this.

Players with better specced computers will have no problems with areas with lots of sprites, but please have an option for those of us less privileged so we don't have to worry (too much) about our characters dying due to poor framerates in the ambient environment.
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
"
Singakiwi wrote:
Bump on this.

Players with better specced computers will have no problems with areas with lots of sprites, but please have an option for those of us less privileged so we don't have to worry (too much) about our characters dying due to poor framerates in the ambient environment.

100% agree.
"
Tsarra wrote:
Sorry to necro this thread, but I am having the same problems. I really want to play, but I get violently ill by the time I arrive at the first town. :(

From what I have seen so far, this game looks absolutely incredible.

I figured out how to fix this! If anyone else is having issues with motion sickness regarding the weather effects or motion blur, do this:

- Set the game textures to Medium
- Set the shadows to off
- Set the filtering to Trilinear
- Enable vSync (if you get page tearing)
- Disable Post Processing

And that's all I did. I've been happily playing for 3 weeks now without getting sick even once. When I put the settings back to max, I got really queasy again. And the game looks fine this way - not even kidding.
that fking lightning during the tutorial is retarded, hurts my eyes... I want to disable that crap but there is no option!!
this game is a beatifull game to play..IF u have a good computer with graphics card.I liked the game but i cant play normally anymore so ill quit the game and uninstall it because i cant make the graphics more low. i can play wow normally without lag around 30/40 fps i can play league of legends normally like 40/45 fps but this game, i play on the lowest graphics 800x600 windowed mode with everything on the freakin lowest and it laggs like a mofo and i cant get out the maximum of 17 fps. so i wish u guys a very good days and times with this game and i wish u good luck with not giving a shit about us..
"
ifeelnopain wrote:
so i wish u guys a very good days and times with this game and i wish u good luck with not giving a shit about us..

Wow : / Im sorry for whatever we did.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I have just went from normal to cruel and frequent lightnings in Twilight Strand zone really give me troubles.

I am no epileptic or anything but I must pause every minute or so otherwise I would vomit.
I suppose it is boosted by the dark surrounding (deep night here) but I noticed that with previous chars too although with less intensity.

I do recommend GGG to tone down lightning effects in this entry zone a bit.
13 maj 2012 - 02 april 2013. Russell and C&O, stop bump old threads! I'll only tell you once!
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info