[3.19] Poison Blade Vortex Assassin | Early To Endgame

Spoiler
"
hackergooby wrote:
"
happens_ow wrote:
By the way another improvement in the flask category is definitely to roll a 20% qual ETERNAL life flask but with the x% increased life recovered / removes 10% of life recovered from mana when used.
That prefix has no downside so for instance the T2 i have is a pure 51% increased life recovered from the flask. This puts it at 3769 Life over 2 seconds. It's an instant, more powerful Enduring Cry!
Especially since for us it's better to have a sustained flask recovery rather than instantly be at full so we can benefit from life gained on hit and kill for longer. This helps alot with juiced deli + harbinger + new influences in maps. Getting hit by 23094820394 mobs, an instant 900hp from the flask you're suggesting would do absolutely nothing there since damage is sustained and not burst. Even during bosses most things that kill us are degens/dots like ignite, chaos dot or burning/desecrated ground. For instakills neither flasks do anything so...

Going to give this a try and see how i feel about it. Replacing jade for a granite flask with equal tier of inc armour seems to also be giving way more ehp, also replaced diamond with a quartz flask since i found the phasing to be way more valuable compared to the damage from diamond. So possibly updating most of the flask setup after playing around with it a bit more.

Interesting, though i suppose it does depend on how much armor and eva you got on the gear. If you're lacking eva, jade > granite and vice versa.

We already gain phasing from Withering Step and pseudo-phasing from Whirling Blades i don't think it will matter that much. I've been phasing into mob packs constantly since i only need to reapply BV every 4ish seconds in between the Withering Step downtime.

Also, can't believe what a difference the Vaal version of BV makes for the DPS. It's on another level.

Extra bragging rights:
Spoiler

Crafted these beauties, defenses perfectly rolled and 30% qual, sadly both are T2 spell crit (almost perfect roll though) and cba wasting another 2ex on metacraft for another re-roll, so they're both on sale.

Last edited by happens_ow on Feb 10, 2022, 7:28:36 PM
Hey man, was wondering after getting the helpmet what auras are you using? cuz when i am using malovelence defiance banner and determination i seem to still have a lot of mana left? i checked and if i used something with 25% mana reservation i still have like 48 mana left but that doesnt matter right?

if so what other aura i should use?
"
Wizard943 wrote:
Hey man, was wondering after getting the helpmet what auras are you using? cuz when i am using malovelence defiance banner and determination i seem to still have a lot of mana left? i checked and if i used something with 25% mana reservation i still have like 48 mana left but that doesnt matter right?

The helmet should have Determination, Malevolence AND Grace - linked with an Enlighten 3 or more.
Defiance banner is socketed wherever you like that doesnt interefere with other sockets, and a lvl 1 Precision (never level up - it's for the crit chance we dont care about accuracy)

If you REALLY wanna be a glasscannon and don't care about Grace for whatever reason, Herald of Purity or Agony add even more dps - Purity gives more. Zealotry could work but it's very meh.
Last edited by happens_ow on Feb 12, 2022, 9:16:50 AM
"
Wizard943 wrote:

Vaal Grace is what I (and I believe most everyone else) is running as well. To run it though you need Diadem, one of the 8% increased mana reservation efficiency nodes, the 15% efficiency mastery, and either a lvl 3 enlighten attached to the big 3 (Malevolence, Grace, Determination) or grabbing another 8% + Charisma (what I currently have).

As a heads up (and before they get too popular, there's been some posts about it on reddit) I might suggest anyone playing this try and get the Brittle Ground While Moving implicit on boots. Crit chance is pretty low overall on this build and there's a handful of things (Dire Torment, Overwhelming Malice) that prefer crits and this adds +5% to base chance.
Last edited by cerealbawks on Feb 14, 2022, 11:24:43 PM
Why doesn't this build get the near by crit nodes or perfect agony? Are they not worth it over cluster jewels?
"
highwind123 wrote:
Why doesn't this build get the near by crit nodes or perfect agony? Are they not worth it over cluster jewels?

It's kinda hard to fit in more stuff on the tree and the clusters come with both much needed life and damage, i have also started looking into forbidden flame/flesh allocating either prolonged pain (cheaper and comes with skill duration) or swift killer (around double the damage but way more expensive) which would make it even harder to fit in any crit nodes.
"
highwind123 wrote:

I personally have +0% to crit multi so Agony adds all of 1% damage for me according to POB
For a more defensive focused build would Kintsugi work? Are there any other options for more defense?
"
highwind123 wrote:
For a more defensive focused build would Kintsugi work? Are there any other options for more defense?

You could go with that but it would mean that you would have to grab whispers of doom from the tree for additional curse and lose out on some damage. Personally i feel like the defences are enough and the only thing killing me is either chain cc or consuming thralls beaming me down (the ranged mobs from eater of worlds influenced maps)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info