Server providers for South-Africa

love you
Please make east server for Russian.
I haven't played much on the South African realm, but it feels a lot smoother to me.
"
itsC0mrade wrote:

You already have one in Japan. There is no infrastructure nor reason to make another one somewhere mid-russia.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
Indertek wrote:
Really sad that you prio south africa over middle arica ( since it will cover both north and south africa ) im in North Africa and i have been dreaming of a server in Africa since 2013 .. im sad

Sadly there's even less IT infrastructure in central Africa than in South Africa; and the blocker has always been the lack of a hosting company with cheap enough servers. Google/Azure/AWS have been present in SA for years; but were always too expensive (vs IBM Softlayer or Unity Cloud) to run the base infrastructure on; Google Cloud's used to provide emergency surge capacity on launch day (the big 3 can create dozens of new servers way faster) though.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
itsC0mrade wrote:

You already have one in Japan. There is no infrastructure nor reason to make another one somewhere mid-russia.

Garena ran multiple Russian server locations. Unless they're running their own data centers whoever they used should theoretically be available for adding additional Russian locations.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
has anyone managed to get a SA instance I tried from 1am to 5am never got 1 instance with low ping :) I know its early days will just wait for testing to be over, just glad something is being tried :)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

This is great to see some progress. Can't wait to see an actual instance that is in South Africa. All of them has been in Frankfurt so far :(
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
I've spun up some very limited testing in South Africa so we can explore the feasibility of some different options.

You can access this by typing SouthAfrica into the gateway selection box.

• There's only around 100 instances of capacity there currently.
  • Don't expect it to be reliable - caveat emptor.
  • We may take it down periodically or change things around.
  • It's set to put new instances on Frankfurt when it's full or offline.
  • This is very early/preliminary. Anything permanent (if this even happens) will be a while away, so temper your expectations.

Does this mean that if I select South Africa and I initially do not login / join my first instance, I will be on Frankfurt and every subsequent instance change will stay on Frankfurt
OR
I will be on Frankfurt and if there is an available slot, one of my instances MAY be on South Africa. And every new instance check can either be on Frankfurt or South Africa, depending on the local server slot availability?

Checking the ping/ Traceroute to zaf01.login.pathofexile.com, I have an amazing 3ms ping.
Would love to see how the game plays like this :D
"
NyvenZA wrote:

Does this mean that if I select South Africa and I initially do not login / join my first instance, I will be on Frankfurt and every subsequent instance change will stay on Frankfurt
OR
I will be on Frankfurt and if there is an available slot, one of my instances MAY be on South Africa. And every new instance check can either be on Frankfurt or South Africa, depending on the local server slot availability?

it means your hideout will be created on the southafrican server if there is space (if not then it's created in frankfurt).

if you create a new instance to play it looks if there is a free slot on the south african server, if "no" it creates a instance on the frankfurt server.

so in the worst case you permanently change servers but that is the case for all other players too, especially those in multinational parties.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 18, 2021, 7:32:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info