Server providers for South-Africa

At least kick us onto Amsterdam or Paris, anything but Frankfurt really as it is terrible. Haven't been able to use SA servers for like 2 weeks, if we do manage to get onto it, it has like a literal 2-4 second delay when clicking doors, stash etc.

Come now GGG please help us out here,
Every SA PoE player: Mom, can we get servers like they have in Frankfurt?
GGG: No exiles, we have Frankfurt servers at home.

Edit: Welp, it's 4AM here and not a single SA realm to be seen in sight. Guess they pulled the plug?
Last edited by KryptykZA on Jun 22, 2022, 10:15:47 PM
I haven't been able to get an SA realm at all during the day today and was on and off for about 8 hours since 10am.
"
KryptykZA wrote:
Every SA PoE player: Mom, can we get servers like they have in Frankfurt?
GGG: No exiles, we have Frankfurt servers at home.

Edit: Welp, it's 4AM here and not a single SA realm to be seen in sight. Guess they pulled the plug?

Yeeeeeah I'm not super blown away by these G-Core okes, uptime not exactly going to rock your SLAs.
Last edited by Yskas8345 on Jun 23, 2022, 10:14:44 PM
Well im done with this league doesnt seem like things will change for now which is fine, at least we got too enjoy a good part of the league on an SA server! see you all again for 3.19
I played in the first month of Kalandra and servers were perfect that entire time. Thought I would come back to test some stuff out before the new league starts and it seems the South African server are unstable in the evenings when connecting to some instances.

It's weird though as only some instances have the lag when others are fine even if the ip according to resource manager is the same. It seems as if only certain server instances in the ip range have the problem.

Here are some pictures to demonstrate, all taken at around 19:00 this evening when the lag seems to be at its worst.

Server with IP 5.188.120.75

laggy:

Stable:

Server with IP 5.188.120.56

Laggy:

Stable:

It seems like depending on which node you get put on is what determines if you lag or not. You can even be lagging in a zone and then leave and re-enter and the lag will be gone.

Here are some WinMTR screenshots aswell:

5.188.120.56 Stable:

5.188.120.75 Laggy:

Weird that the 3 servers before the ggg.jhb.007 also have high latency on the 5.188.120.75 tracert but not on the 5.188.120.56.

Maybe one of the physical boxes or connections that host instances is faulty?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info