Server providers for South-Africa

"
casper3111 wrote:
Ok so I went onto 3g and its stable, maybe a peering issue with fibre providers country wide

Mind sharing a tracert? on 3g
I want to start of with saying thank you for even trying to help us here in South Africa , I played a bit this week testing ping (was a dream playing at 30-40 ms ping )

that being said I don't know what changed recently (looks like server change from comments above) but its basically unplayable in the current state ping is extremely unstable with ping between 120 and 400 , pinging the server location also times out 1/4th of the time

I hope it can be fixed or changed back to what it was before the size increase

thanks so much again for even trying!<3
Also getting routed to Psychz at 165.73.241.58. It's consistently unstable, I get constant spikes between 100-250 ping. The Azure servers were perfect.
Just throwing in my 2c, last hour odd has also become unplayable for me. Hope it is just testing, things were so good before!
Not every hero holds a sword... Some just Hold the Door!
"
In3vitability wrote:
Just throwing in my 2c, last hour odd has also become unplayable for me. Hope it is just testing, things were so good before!

Same here, Got connected once to the Azure server and it was perfect, but any time it connects to the Psychz server it is basically unplayable and might as well play on London for better stability. Here is me hoping it is also just a testing phase.
Thank you very much!!!! still a bit unstable, but please keep SA server!
A Super Thank you for the SA servers. I really had no idea until just this evening.

I have been playing for a long long time now and this is truly the best news I have had aside the Scourge announcement.

I did not mind the 145ms ping but I do welcome the 50ms ^^

Just tested my side if you get the IP range: 102.37.124.252(azure) my ping is fine no spikes

But if I get the ip range: 165.73.241.58 psychz networks its horrible 100ms+ spikes
Just logged on now, tried to enter Hideout and basically watched the ping increase all the way up to 40000ms before connection timed out.

Hopefully just a testing thing for now, but definitely seems related to usage of Psychz networks. Also just checked out their site and it doesn't render correctly. Kinda like back in the 90's when a Geocities page tried to load on a 56k connection lol.

I am curious if they are willing to test out the AWS datacenter, although to my understanding, there are some technical limitations when connecting to other gateways and / or it's cost prohibitive.

Hopefully we get that smooth ping again for 3.16 launch! ♥ the GGG team for blessing us here in the South :)

Edit: So just tried viewing the Psychz website through a US VPN and bam it loads up super quick and renders correctly. Tested out pings via their Looking Glass feature and it's as expected from CPT to their presence in JHB (20ms). GGG likely looking at using Psychz for their bare metal offerings instead of cloud providers such as Azure or AWS. Hopefully they will be shopping around a little, seeing varied reviews online about Psychz complaining about poor DoS mitigation and terrible tech support when it comes to pings (blaming everything but the kitchen sink).
Last edited by KryptykZA on Oct 16, 2021, 5:02:18 PM
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Capacity has been tripled for testing over the 3.16 Scourge launch.

Thank you for doing this, since the beta, latency has been one of my main gripes playing this awesome game and it feels amazing not rubber banding everywhere.

Please keep the servers alive! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info