[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

Crafted some gear and switched up your clusters a bit. Would you keep the shield or think this wand would be better?

Man, that shield is brutal. No way I am replacing it if I had it :)
"
Jinxxxed wrote:
"
loloppe wrote:
Wither -> Spell Totem -> Multiple Totems

This is a basic automated Wither setup. Multiple Totems allow you to place two extra spell totem that will Wither the enemy without losing any totem from your main damage setup.

I don't really get this part. How is it possible not to lose totems from the damage setup?
My Wither totems always replace 2 of my damage totems. I got 6 FR totems and when I cast Wither for 2 more, the total totem number always remain 6 but it is now 4 damage and 2 Wither.
What am I missing?

Your issue is that you're using Multiple Totems in your main Forbidden Rite link. If only the Wither totems link has Multiple Totems, then they don't replace your Forbidden Rite totems
Thanks for this guide! Out of curiosity, how does this compare to Ziz's guide for this build, which is what I was following so far?

https://pastebin.com/zJUG1BEk
i think it is ok
"
Sigosuuuuu wrote:
i think it is ok

Forbidden Rite doesen't get much dmg from lvls, +1 on one wand would be ok, but it is a waste of mod slots imo
Last edited by wakama on Aug 3, 2021, 12:06:41 PM
"
i003 wrote:

Crafted some gear and switched up your clusters a bit. Would you keep the shield or think this wand would be better?

If you got no projectile speed, I would use the wand. No cast speed on both, + to gems ain't that great for Forbidden Rite. That wand only got 4 good mods and pretty much the same for the shield. Both are decent but not amazing.

"
everix1992 wrote:
Thanks for this guide! Out of curiosity, how does this compare to Ziz's guide for this build, which is what I was following so far?

https://pastebin.com/zJUG1BEk

His build isn't really min-maxed for end game, it's more of a layout. He goes for the Scion life wheel, while I consider going for the right side of the tree better. He get way more Mana % than me, but I get similar/more Life %. But I also use way more unique than him, so I end up with slightly less EHP. For some reason, he recommend Added Chaos Damage, Faster Casting and +1 to gems on amulet, which aren't that great. The gems setup are similar, I use a few different gems (Shield charge -> Flame Dash/Phase Run) (He self-cast Assassin's Mark, I use Arcanist Brand). The biggest difference is that I use Zerphi's Heart and Asenath's Gentle Touch. I scale my AoE and use better support gems. I probably end up with more than double the DPS, with way better clear and survivability than him, but his build cost way less (at least to start up with).

"
Sigosuuuuu wrote:
i think it is ok

+2 to gems are pretty hard to get and expensive, but not good for Forbidden Rite. You can get a better DPS wand for like 10ex+. It mostly lack Cast Speed, Crit Multi, hybrid Spell % and Mana or high Spell %.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 3, 2021, 12:13:45 PM
"
everix1992 wrote:
Your issue is that you're using Multiple Totems in your main Forbidden Rite link. If only the Wither totems link has Multiple Totems, then they don't replace your Forbidden Rite totems

But then you get two totems less on due to the lack of MTS in the main link.

Anyway, I see what you mean. I obviously got misled by the phrasing "two extra totems". All is clear now :)

Last edited by Jinxxxed on Aug 3, 2021, 12:17:53 PM
Are you currently using alira or two skill point bandits?
"
Jinxxxed wrote:
"
everix1992 wrote:

But then you get two totems less on due to the lack of MTS in the main link.

Anyway, I see what you mean. I obviously got misled by the phrasing "two extra totems". All is clear now :)

My understanding was that if you leave out MTS in your main link you can get comparable/more DPS from other support gems and then you get the wither totems for free, which are also a nice DPS boost. Probably slightly worse clear though due to less totems
Last edited by everix1992 on Aug 3, 2021, 2:08:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info