[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

I'm using Zerphi's Heart with anomolous hypothermia but i'm not seeing any freezes. Seem like a bug ?
"
garthurion wrote:
I'm using Zerphi's Heart with anomolous hypothermia but i'm not seeing any freezes. Seem like a bug ?

No this is not a bug, Zerphi's Heart allow you to chill, but not to freeze.
Hypothermia require the enemy to be chilled.
This is also why I'm using Asenath's Gentle Touch as gloves to remove corpse, because we cannot shatter.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 1, 2021, 12:22:45 PM
Pfff, I was using 4L Mantle, bought 1 with good rolls (but like 3 sockets) ​and wanted to 5L it because I had only 105 fusings.

Well, was able to use only 12...

I just love this build, damage is insane and I did not yet get cluster jewel. Squishy but it kills bosses so fast. Im glad I started with FR.
Im playing Forbidden Rite totem's since day 1 in expedition league, after few days i found @loloppe version of the build on poe.ninja and it is amazing.
Already cleared almost everything, Maven, Sirus A8, The Feared, Uelder, Uatziri, etc. Very fun to play.
Well done! I have been following your builduseing poe ninja. Glad you made a guide. Everyone better play this because GGG will kill it next patch.
Great tutorial, but im curious why are you saying that +1 totem shield is worse than a wand? Does the DPS not go higher with 1 extra totem + all the proj the the totem fires? Also you get some block and es + life roll, spell damage and maybe get flat mana on block or mana % on block etc.
I Am a Ninja
Last edited by GEEOTTV on Aug 2, 2021, 7:42:20 PM
"
Great tutorial, but im curious why are you saying that +1 totem shield is worse than a wand? Does the DPS not go higher with 1 extra totem + all the proj the the totem fires? Also you get some block and es + life roll, spell damage and maybe get flat mana on block or mana % on block etc.

"A +1 totem shield is usually weaker than a wand and harder to acquire."

You're right that a good +1 totem shield would be better DPS-wise, but with my setup, not really defensively.

For the DPS: going from 4 to 5 totem is 25% More DPS + (5% from Ascendancy).
If you use Multiple Totem Support, then it's 6 to 7, which is a 16.66% More DPS + (5% from Ascendancy) (already not worth).

My current worse wand cost around 5-10ex, give me 40% More DPS and come with a t1 Projectile Speed mod, which greatly make the build feels faster and safer.

If I were to get a +1 totem shield with 40% increased Spell Damage, 10% increased Cast Speed, then I would get similar DPS from the shield, but that would only apply if I were to cast that extra totem, this would only happen against boss in realistic situation.

Downside: Having to cast another totem suck. To get a good shield, you might have to pay 2 to 4 time the amount that a similar DPS wand would cost you (and good luck finding one for sale in the first place).

Upside: Yea you can get some more life on the shield. I do get Mana from my wand so Mana is not an upside. 30%~ block is pretty useless without any other investment in block (in tree for example) and if you were to then invest some points in the tree, then you will have to lose even more EHP or DPS or etc., making it worse than just going for a wand.

The real upside of using a Shield: Fortity via Shield Charges, but Shield Charging in pack will end up killing you a few time, so is that really a good thing? Also, I'm pretty sure that Shield Charges is slower than my current CDR Flame Dash + Phase Run setup, and Phase Run is way safer to use.

My main point is: Investing in a shield won't save you from the thing that will be killing you without one. You can easily reach 100 on totem build by mapping just by playing more carefully. The build already got 10k EHP+ without a shield. Blocking require heavy investment to be decent.

Edit: I've also seen some people recommend using a medium projectile clusters for taunt on hit or blind on clusters. I don't see how that would be any useful as a defensive option. By the time the monster would get taunted or blinded, they would already be dead from your totem in the first place. The build do enough damage to one-shot most enemy. Also, taunt and blind aren't that useful against boss, I rather know that the boss will attack me to dodge properly than to get caught off guard because the boss randomly started attacking my totem (Izaro is a good example of that).

In general mapping, I already get blind from Asenath's anyway. Also, I cannot afford to drop any of my two totem medium clusters, my totem would die because of Soul Eater. And going for a third clusters would be terrible (unless I buy a 1os (1 mirror) or 3os Voices (40ex+)). But that's an option I guess. I think I would prefer to get a curse clusters for Unnerve and Cull.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 3, 2021, 3:25:10 PM
Finally, a guide for FR totems Hiero! Then I searched trade to estimate the prices and oh boy. I'm kinda regretting league starting this build now.

I remember totem builds being so cheap once upon a time since people hate playing with totems. Good times...
"
loloppe wrote:
"

"A +1 totem shield is usually weaker than a wand and harder to acquire."

You're right that a good +1 totem shield would be better DPS-wise, but with my setup, not really defensively.

For the DPS: going from 4 to 5 totem is 25% More DPS + (5% from Ascendancy).
If you use Multiple Totem Support, then it's 6 to 7, which is a 16.66% More DPS + (5% from Ascendancy) (already not worth).

My current worse wand cost around 5-10ex, give me 40% More DPS and come with a t1 Projectile Speed mod, which greatly make the build feels faster and safer.

If I were to get a +1 totem shield with 40% increased Spell Damage, 10% increased Cast Speed, then I would get similar DPS from the shield, but that would only apply if I were to cast that extra totem, this would only happen against boss in realistic situation.

Downside: Having to cast another totem suck. To get a good shield, you might have to pay 2 to 4 time the amount that a similar DPS wand would cost you (and good luck finding one for sale in the first place).

Upside: Yea you can get some more life on the shield. I do get Mana from my wand so Mana is not an upside. 30%~ block is pretty useless without any other investment in block (in tree for example) and if you were to then invest some points in the tree, then you will have to lose even more EHP or DPS or etc., making it worse than just going for a wand.

The real upside of using a Shield: Fortity via Shield Charges, but Shield Charging in pack will end up killing you a few time, so is that really a good thing? Also, I'm pretty sure that Shield Charges is slower than my current CDR Flame Dash + Phase Run setup, and Phase Run is way safer to use.

My main point is: Investing in a shield won't save you from the thing that will be killing you without one. You can easily reach 100 on totem build by mapping just by playing more carefully. The build already got 10k EHP+ without a shield. Blocking require heavy investment to be decent.

Edit: I've also seen some people recommend using a medium projectile clusters for taunt on hit or blind on clusters. I don't see how that would be any useful as a defensive option. By the time the monster would get taunted or blinded, they would already be dead from your totem in the first place. The build do enough damage to one-shot most enemy. Also, taunt and blind aren't that useful against boss, I rather know that the boss will attack me to dodge properly than to get caught off guard because the boss randomly started attacking my totem (Izaro is a good example of that).

In general mapping, I already get blind from Asenath's anyway. Also, I cannot afford to drop any of my two totem medium clusters, my totem would die because of Soul Eater. And going for a third clusters would be terrible (unless I buy a 1os (1 mirror) or 3os Voices (40ex+)). But that's an option I guess. I think I would prefer to get a curse clusters for Unnerve and Cull.

If you really want to get a crazy +1 totem shield, then there's a way: You can fracture the +1 totem on a shield, and then craft whatever else on the shield. That's pretty much the only good way of crafting it.

Appreciate the detailed answer, i think it makes sense what are you saying, since you already tested most of the interactions.

What do you think about cruelty support?
I Am a Ninja
"
loloppe wrote:
Wither -> Spell Totem -> Multiple Totems

This is a basic automated Wither setup. Multiple Totems allow you to place two extra spell totem that will Wither the enemy without losing any totem from your main damage setup.

I don't really get this part. How is it possible not to lose totems from the damage setup?
My Wither totems always replace 2 of my damage totems. I got 6 FR totems and when I cast Wither for 2 more, the total totem number always remain 6 but it is now 4 damage and 2 Wither.
What am I missing?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info