[3.16] Forbidden Rite Totem

"
Solomyaids wrote:
Are you currently using alira or two skill point bandits?

Alira mostly for the resistances. It's hard to justify not going Alira, at least for me right now. There's no better 2 points in my tree.
Are Torchoak Step good for this build?
"
Kadmos_8 wrote:
Are Torchoak Step good for this build?

For early mapping yes, but the boots are pretty bad. Only totem life % and ms %. You can get a tri-res boots with 30% ms and decent life for a few chaos right now. I would not use it if you have two totem clusters already.
Why +cast speed on the wands? I didn't think totems inherited cast speed from players equipment.
"
Why +cast speed on the wands? I didn't think totems inherited cast speed from players equipment.

Here an explanation from the wiki with an example: "Totems are able to gain Endurance charges but not Frenzy and Power charges. Since these charges would not have any effect on totems, the maximum Frenzy and Power charges on totems is zero. However, Frenzy and Power charges on the owner of the totems can affect the skills used by totems since their values are based on the user's stats."

tldr: Totem use our skills. Totem have their own defensive attributes. Power charges and frenzy charges on us buff our skills and the totem use our skills. Endurance charges on us does not affect the totem, but totem can have their own endurance charges since it give defensive stats.

Cast speed buff our spell, so it work. This is also why Spell Totem Support come with a -40% Less Cast Speed penalty, or there would be no reason to go self cast anymore.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Charge#Totems
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 3, 2021, 8:15:54 PM
"
loloppe wrote:
"

Here an explanation from the wiki with an example: "Totems are able to gain Endurance charges but not Frenzy and Power charges. Since these charges would not have any effect on totems, the maximum Frenzy and Power charges on totems is zero. However, Frenzy and Power charges on the owner of the totems can affect the skills used by totems since their values are based on the user's stats."

tldr: Totem use our skills. Totem have their own defensive attributes. Power charges and frenzy charges on us buff our skills and the totem use our skills. Endurance charges on us does not affect the totem, but totem can have their own endurance charges since it give defensive stats.

Cast speed buff our spell, so it work. This is also why Spell Totem Support come with a -40% Less Cast Speed penalty, or there would be no reason to go self cast anymore.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Charge#Totems

You clearly have made this build awesome, I just don't understand the mechanic. This is what has me questioning rolling cast speed on wands and it does seem to conflict with the section you quoted (or maybe I'm misreading it).

"Unlike attack speed and cast speed, Action speed modifiers on a character will not affect the speed at which their totems cast or attack skills. Individual Totems each have their own action speed modifiers and they can be altered by things like slipstreams and chill."

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Totem#Skills_cast_by_totems
"

You clearly have made this build awesome, I just don't understand the mechanic. This is what has me questioning rolling cast speed on wands and it does seem to conflict with the section you quoted (or maybe I'm misreading it).

"Unlike attack speed and cast speed, Action speed modifiers on a character will not affect the speed at which their totems cast or attack skills. Individual Totems each have their own action speed modifiers and they can be altered by things like slipstreams and chill."

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Totem#Skills_cast_by_totems

Ah, I think you're misreading it. That quote is saying that cast speed do affect our totem, but not action speed on us (The Flow Untethered, Tailwind, Temporal Chains, etc.)

But if the totem had temporal chains casted on him, or was into the slipstream of The Flow Untethered, then the totem would be affected by the Action Speed modifier (maybe, never tried it).

Action Speed is the overall speed of the character, while Cast Speed is just the speed that we cast the spell. Cast Speed has nothing to do with Action Speed, but Action Speed do affect Cast Speed multiplicatively.

The funny part, that quote you took from the wiki say that chilled ground doesn't affect our totem if we are the one on top of it, but I believe that it actually do. I would have to test that one day, if I ever not reroll a chilled ground map.
Last edited by loloppe on Aug 3, 2021, 11:03:20 PM
Ah I see. Very helpful and I appreciate the guide. Thank you!
Thank you for the build, i am not on full gear now and my survivability is not good i used portal and cast on death support but portal occasionally casting after i die, is there a problem with portal in this build
Is FR considered an elemental damage type? I had runic monsters only with elemental resist and they were immortal, literally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info