[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

Playing this build in SSF. Going good so far. Some things just instagib me, and DOTs just destroy me. Pantheon is fully upgraded.

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if I just need better gear.
"
toks1c wrote:
Playing this build in SSF. Going good so far. Some things just instagib me, and DOTs just destroy me. Pantheon is fully upgraded.

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong or if I just need better gear.

Some of the archnems are really dangerous and bursty, and i think some of them do chaos damage hits over chaos dots. My guess would be its related to your low chaos res. You can grab iron reflexes if you need more armor as well.
"
MaxGor31 wrote:
Thanks for reply!

Already have dropped B&S in favour of tempest shield and it was a game changer, i don't notice dps drop cause it's so much safer now i just chill playing, so when i got enlighten B&S will be nice upgrade.

I went for crit right away but currently sitting on 15+% in HO unflasked. Anyway thanks for help, now i'm sure it'll work when i'm set up properly!

here it is - really cranked it up
https://pastebin.com/gtzHkk9x
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Feb 10, 2022, 11:16:38 PM
The ascendancy part is incorrect now, should I just copy POB?
"
zhepartak wrote:

Gladiator is still fine as an ascendancy, I'm testing Slayer to get better information on the pros and cons of each ascendancy.
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
zhepartak wrote:

Gladiator is still fine as an ascendancy, I'm testing Slayer to get better information on the pros and cons of each ascendancy.

I enjoy the gladiator alright but the forumd description still has versatile combatant(not there) and blood in the eyes.
I picked blood in the eyes by 'accident' now and it is certainly not 'bad' as bleed helps quite a bit but I have yet to learn why we use the PoB ascendancy nodes as is. Some explaination on how that relates to the build and gameplay (if any relation is there at all) would be appreciated by this casual with limited wiki hours.
"
zhepartak wrote:
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
zhepartak wrote:

I enjoy the gladiator alright but the forumd description still has versatile combatant(not there) and blood in the eyes.
I picked blood in the eyes by 'accident' now and it is certainly not 'bad' as bleed helps quite a bit but I have yet to learn why we use the PoB ascendancy nodes as is. Some explaination on how that relates to the build and gameplay (if any relation is there at all) would be appreciated by this casual with limited wiki hours.

Adjusted the name from Versatile Combatant to Reigning Veteran. Forgot that it got renamed and I missed that tidbit, sorry about that!

If you're wondering why we take the ascendancies we take, look at the 'Ascendancy' section of the forum build guide for explanations.
another question, should I use empower if I manage to get one (I have it in fact dropped in a tier 1 map chaosweaver)
"
ShadowHamed wrote:

here it is - really cranked it up
https://pastebin.com/gtzHkk9x

Thank you!

How do you use Berserk for most effect? I tried to play with Anom Rage but all the times i need it most i have zero rage (ie activating T4 archnemesis - while i searching for needed fragment rage depletes very fast). Are you supposed to get the minimum amount of rage ang turn on berserk for 1 second, rinse and repeat?
I use Berserk for burst on bosses, normally I run around w/ 60 rage which boosts attack speed / dmg. The updated pob: https://pastebin.com/EzH0m9m6
reflects burst dmg for bossing. (ie 13M dps for 4-6 seconds)

Until you get your attack speed up you will feel like you should berserk, but generally totem is fine and you are better off running max rage and bursting only when absolutely needed.

When I ran

it was situational, but I could pop it more frequent as I would get max rage from simply being hit mapping. Less consistent in certain scenarios though (ie some bosses). Obviously that didn't require the support gem.

Also, I added impale support back into 6link since i picked up a +2 watcher's. 8 stacks w/ deep cuts. Faster attacks will be better in most cases if you can get 100 elsewhere until ramp up speed from accuracy.
Last edited by ShadowHamed on Feb 12, 2022, 2:34:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info