[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

Thanks so much for the build. I'm still in white maps but flying through them--map sustain is the only thing holding me back at the moment.

I'm really liking lifetap for quality of life on the shield crush links. I lose less than 10% dps but I never, ever have to worry about mana so I can forget about it while gearing. I can also run another aura since I can reserve more mana with little mana usage outside of shield crush (still running dread banner as my 4th, but I'm wondering if there's something else I can use in it's place).

Forgot to mention, I can also run GGG on prismatic eclipse for more dps, so the 10% dps loss is even less once that's also factored in.
Last edited by zettaz on Jul 27, 2021, 4:49:13 PM
"
kogee wrote:
"
JSNicholson wrote:
So apparently the non crafted mana leech mod on main hand weapons does not apply to shield crush. Can someone confirm the crafted one does? I don't have it unlocked.

Same results here. Offhand attacks don't benefit from regular leech mods on MH, they are local to the weapon. It seems that it works as intended because when you go to Misc in character sheet, this is specifically written as "Main Hand Mana Leech". Leech from non-weapon slots work correctly. I haven't tested Prismatic Eclipse but it may also work differently because it's not worded as regular weapon leech.

Yes, this is what confused me. The mod reads like global but the stats page says MH.

Also for example Tempestuous Steel's hits can't be evaded does not apply.
"
JSNicholson wrote:
"
kogee wrote:
"
JSNicholson wrote:
So apparently the non crafted mana leech mod on main hand weapons does not apply to shield crush. Can someone confirm the crafted one does? I don't have it unlocked.

Same results here. Offhand attacks don't benefit from regular leech mods on MH, they are local to the weapon. It seems that it works as intended because when you go to Misc in character sheet, this is specifically written as "Main Hand Mana Leech". Leech from non-weapon slots work correctly. I haven't tested Prismatic Eclipse but it may also work differently because it's not worded as regular weapon leech.

Yes, this is what confused me. The mod reads like global but the stats page says MH.

Also for example Tempestuous Steel's hits can't be evaded does not apply.

Hi!

This has been updated and mentions of Mana Leech on weapons that aren't Prismatic Eclipse have been tweaked in the main build post.
Any consideration on moving to advocating Lifetap on primary skills? I just switched at 55 and things feel so much smoother not needing to worry about mana leech at all. Plus I get to run an extra aura now.
What would you run in your CWDT 4link if you have a vuln on hit ring? I'm running this build on a zerker for extra attack speed and it feels amazing.
"
Karrut wrote:
What would you run in your CWDT 4link if you have a vuln on hit ring? I'm running this build on a zerker for extra attack speed and it feels amazing.

Tempest Shield is the first thing that comes to mind to pull away a button press. You could also add in Blood Rage if you want, but I'd prefer to cast that manually personally.

"
CWendelboe wrote:
Any consideration on moving to advocating Lifetap on primary skills? I just switched at 55 and things feel so much smoother not needing to worry about mana leech at all. Plus I get to run an extra aura now.

I'm currently looking into this along with the Corrupting Fever variants that we've seen on the HCSSF ladder. Since I only have a 5 link myself and I'd rather not buy a 6L if I don't have to (for the sake of verifying SSF compatibility), it might be a bit until I can test it myself.

Feel free to use it
Last edited by OMFGaTaco on Jul 28, 2021, 9:17:37 AM
How is the single target in this build, has anyone started doing higher tier maps? I'm playing SST in red maps right now, and my clear is fine, hell i can kill most packs with just shield charge. My single target is rly rly bad, so was looking at other options.
Have one quick question, why not use the Surreder shield with this build? Since we have a high block, so we can have all most 3k armor from the shield it self plus the Reckoning skill that we get from it (a bonus skill in sort of speak)
Sorry noob's question, but how do we inflict bleeding damage?
"
Dieclowns wrote:
How is the single target in this build, has anyone started doing higher tier maps? I'm playing SST in red maps right now, and my clear is fine, hell i can kill most packs with just shield charge. My single target is rly rly bad, so was looking at other options.

To my knowledge the damage on single target for this build should be pretty good, but we don't have the benefits of bleed dot like SST does. I haven't gotten to high tier maps myself (only at t9-t10 atm) but if it becomes an issue for me as I run into red maps and onward, I will make sure to address it and dig for changes to ensure that the problem can be mended.

"
camadas wrote:
Have one quick question, why not use the Surreder shield with this build? Since we have a high block, so we can have all most 3k armor from the shield it self plus the Reckoning skill that we get from it (a bonus skill in sort of speak)

The reason we don't use the Surrender shield is because it's lower damage. Although there is the +1000 Armor on block modifier, this does not apply to the shield and just applies to general armor, which means we don't get any sort of damage increase.

"
ScorpionRV wrote:
Sorry noob's question, but how do we inflict bleeding damage?

Our bleeding damage is applied via Haemophilia (if we use it), which gives us a chance to bleed on hit. It'a about 25%, but since we attack so quickly and also have a double-hit due to Shield Crush's area of effect, it's very easy to apply bleed onto a pack of mobs to explode them.
Last edited by OMFGaTaco on Jul 28, 2021, 5:44:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info