[3.23] Versatile Combatant Impale Shield Crush Slayer - Crush the Atlas - SSF Compatible

"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
The option I am currently looking into is discovering an option to get us to 100% impale chance without Impale Support, which would free up a gem slot (probably for Lifetap or Maybe Empower? Not sure yet).

Without the Impale support, we are at 60% impale chance.
I think that with the node "The Impaler", it would be ok to replace impale with another damage support gem.
At 60% impale chance, we are sure to impale after 2 attacks but it will apply 5 impale stacks for 4s, so impale should be up at 5 stacks 95% of the time.
Moreover applying 5 stacks with 1 attack should clear the map packs faster.

I wonder if Multistrike could be replaced, with "the impaler" node, if the first Multistrike attack impales, the damage will be 20% less, with second attack it will be normal and with 3rd attack 22% more.
replacing multistrike could give more consistant impale damage.
I'm not sure PoB can give the real values though.
"
Shield Crush is currently at lvl 17 with no quality improvement yet ( No AOE increase ). Both gems are linked with Pulverize and in Sand Stance

Yeah, after I got max quality on all my gems the AoE & speed improved greatly.

I was heavily considering replacing fortify with increased AoE or pulverized but its not needed, my shield crash is very fast with 20q faster attacks now & shield crush benefited heavily from AoE.

Shield Crash - life tap - faster attacks - fortify

I have pulverize on my shield crush so that contributes to its bigger AoE, I also have 3 jewels with area damage & AoE. It feels like shield crush does a good amount of the screen with its waves now, didn't think it could get this big. I end up just shield charging near things and using shield crush in red maps since it kills everything instantly.

I've never thought about using blood & sand yet, gonna try it out.
"
Gromhouleux wrote:
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
The option I am currently looking into is discovering an option to get us to 100% impale chance without Impale Support, which would free up a gem slot (probably for Lifetap or Maybe Empower? Not sure yet).

I think that with the node "The Impaler", it would be ok to replace impale with another damage support gem.
At 60% impale chance, we are sure to impale after 2 attacks but it will apply 5 impale stacks for 4s, so impale should be up at 5 stacks 95% of the time.

I wonder if Multistrike could be replaced, with "the impaler" node, if the first Multistrike attack impales, the damage will be 20% less, with second attack it will be normal and with 3rd attack 22% more.

My idea at the moment is to use Great One's Tentacles for 20% impale chance + clearing and then use an impale on hit craft from the weapon to get us to 100%, but that would be at the cost of Prismatic Eclipse so i'm not too sure how optimal that would be.
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:
"
Gromhouleux wrote:
"
OMFGaTaco wrote:

My idea at the moment is to use Great One's Tentacles for 20% impale chance + clearing and then use an impale on hit craft from the weapon to get us to 100%, but that would be at the cost of Prismatic Eclipse so i'm not too sure how optimal that would be.

The only other options I can think off is having 2 clusters with Vicious Skewering or multiple jewels with chance to impale. Though you need at least 3 jewels with chance to impale and 2 have to be max rolled.
Last edited by Agent_HX on Jul 27, 2021, 4:59:24 AM
So apparently the non crafted mana leech mod on main hand weapons does not apply to shield crush. Can someone confirm the crafted one does? I don't have it unlocked.
my bad
Last edited by Payday1337 on Jul 27, 2021, 8:56:15 AM
I'm new to vigilant strike. How does it generate fortify? Do you trigger it manually? In the video it seems like you are leap slamming, and somehow gaining fortify.
"
Lowlife555 wrote:
I'm new to vigilant strike. How does it generate fortify? Do you trigger it manually? In the video it seems like you are leap slamming, and somehow gaining fortify.

Hi!

In the video instead of using Vigilant Strike, I used Fortify Support with Leap Slam instead of Vigilant Strike. Although Vigilant Strike is good at generating Fortify, and does so by simply smacking an enemy with your weapon, it felt clunkier to use and there are already a lot of different buttons we press in this build.

I am aware that the build is slightly out of date and I plan on doing an edit of the build today or tomorrow with updated gem links, build options, and a few ways to push for more Sirus DPS. 1.5m is a good bar on its own with the nerfs since we are so tanky, but I want to see how high it can be realistically pushed on a SSF end first before writing anything out.

"
JSNicholson wrote:
So apparently the non crafted mana leech mod on main hand weapons does not apply to shield crush. Can someone confirm the crafted one does? I don't have it unlocked.

When I tested in standard with Shield Charge, the modifier did end up working on a simple rare stat stick weapon. I'll search for one again in Expedition and reverify by the time I do another pass on this build, which should be by tomorrow.
Last edited by OMFGaTaco on Jul 27, 2021, 1:48:19 PM
Ah makes sense.

I'm on SSF too, just hit maps.
"
JSNicholson wrote:

Same results here. Offhand attacks don't benefit from regular leech mods on MH, they are local to the weapon. It seems that it works as intended because when you go to Misc in character sheet, this is specifically written as "Main Hand Mana Leech". Leech from non-weapon slots work correctly. I haven't tested Prismatic Eclipse but it may also work differently because it's not worded as regular weapon leech.
Last edited by kogee on Jul 27, 2021, 4:25:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info