[3.17] Devon's Manabond Lord | MoM | Self cast | Endgame Viable

I've been trying this build out and had a few pain points to comment on.

1. It is rough when starting out in maps with this build. It plays very much like a glass cannon. While the EHP is higher than most builds when they're first going into maps thanks to MoM and our high mana pool it is lacking in other defenses, notably armor/evasion. Large packs with high attack speed that come with maps will be very rippy until you get some gear to hold you over.

2. Some of the uniques are harder to obtain this league than others due to the map shuffle. Agnerod West is a good example of this. You could chance Imperial Staffs, yes, but outside of that most people would be looking toward Primordial Blocks to farm the Stormcaller divination card for it, which unfortunately places it in T14 maps. There's other options, like farming for Tower cards by doing Residence or Tower maps, but they too are T14 maps this time around.

It's not all doom and gloom however.

When you hit around the level 50 mark, the build does start coming together, and progressing through the second half of the main story will be less taxing if you're itemizing correctly. Manabond will start making short work of smaller packs, and between the many options you have to buff damage/remove enemy resistances even tankier mobs will fall before you.

Currently I view this build as something good for Softcore, and unfortunately it doesn't make a lot of sense in my opinion to do this as a league starter. Progression will be slow, and unless you're keen on chasing certain uniques, then you're going to be working with less currency since you'll need to be crafting gear to hold you over. At least till you can get a few of the uniques listed to enable this a bit better.
What do you sacrifice for the cluster jewel nods? cause if you activate your cluster in PoB there's 127/121 points used.
"
FakeTaxiGuy wrote:
What do you sacrifice for the cluster jewel nods? cause if you activate your cluster in PoB there's 127/121 points used.
You don't activate them lel. That's a separate tree, switch to the Cluster tree.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
what do you take for final ascendancy? says devotion on here but conviction of power on the pob (im doing the agnerod version btw)
"
cashcab6969 wrote:
what do you take for final ascendancy? says devotion on here but conviction of power on the pob (im doing the agnerod version btw)
My bad, illuminated Devotion. Fixed in PoB. Also updated my gear on the guide here.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
So a problem I'm having with 8k mana - how the hell do you get rid of it all? Arcane cloak is just momentary...
Last edited by Choirandvice on Aug 10, 2021, 8:55:24 PM

I have been wanting to try Manabond since I found the gem. I even leveled one up to 20/20 to have waiting for me. Well this thing dropped for me today. There must be a part for it to play. Any suggestions? It seems like they would work great together. I feel that with a well crafted wand this could work. ATM I have 10k mana. With better gear I believe I can push 11k. Can't wait to try it out.
was wondering what kind of mana flask you recommend the pob has an enduring flask i and i have one and it seems to literally do nothing to my mana pool
Last edited by cashcab6969 on Aug 18, 2021, 9:30:11 PM
Are those numbers right in POB ?

Because if yes its pretty bad, barely 2m dps with absurd gear, like awaken gem, level 21 main skill, every buff up and so on, so its kinda bad unless POB cant calculate manabond damage right
"
DannyNorth wrote:

I have been wanting to try Manabond since I found the gem. I even leveled one up to 20/20 to have waiting for me. Well this thing dropped for me today. There must be a part for it to play. Any suggestions? It seems like they would work great together. I feel that with a well crafted wand this could work. ATM I have 10k mana. With better gear I believe I can push 11k. Can't wait to try it out.

If anyone has a PoB for this that leverages Manastorm, I'd be interested as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info