[3.16] Enki's Archmage Hierophant - a beginner-friendly Lightning Caster

Thanks, I guess I've been overlooking it.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
8madhatter8 wrote:
So I gave this a go into early maps... I'm at the target hp and my resistances are capped, but...

I've never had such a rough time using a build before. I died more completing the campaign than I did running builds like toxic rain, cyclone, and ice gauntlet combined. In maps it just feels like a slog. I can kill mobs fast, but I've never felt like such a useless glass cannon even with gear above the budget suggestions.

Not really sure what I did wrong but to me this doesn't feel very strong. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this certainly isn't a build I would have enjoyed if it was my first time playing the game.

Yeah I just came to see about this. I'm into white maps with res capped and 3k life and 3.2k mana, 5L staff and I'm dying left and right. Not sure what the recommended way is to stay up but between spamming my mana flask and health flasks, it's never enough. I go down incredibly fast. Was really hoping this could take me into late yellows at least but I'm about to start something else.
"
"
8madhatter8 wrote:
So I gave this a go into early maps... I'm at the target hp and my resistances are capped, but...

I've never had such a rough time using a build before. I died more completing the campaign than I did running builds like toxic rain, cyclone, and ice gauntlet combined. In maps it just feels like a slog. I can kill mobs fast, but I've never felt like such a useless glass cannon even with gear above the budget suggestions.

Not really sure what I did wrong but to me this doesn't feel very strong. I don't mean to sound harsh, but this certainly isn't a build I would have enjoyed if it was my first time playing the game.

Yeah I just came to see about this. I'm into white maps with res capped and 3k life and 3.2k mana, 5L staff and I'm dying left and right. Not sure what the recommended way is to stay up but between spamming my mana flask and health flasks, it's never enough. I go down incredibly fast. Was really hoping this could take me into late yellows at least but I'm about to start something else.

Which build is the one you're having trouble with?
"
Enki91 wrote:
If you've done any Einhar missions so far, you can use the Menagerie to craft your flasks.
Put "of Heat" onto your Amethyst Flask and "of Staunching" onto your Quicksilver Flask.

Those don't seem to be valid Menagerie options in 3.16... Any suggestions for replacements?
"
8madhatter8 wrote:

Mana is offense and defense on this build. You are missing key survivability passives and gear. You do not have a Cloak of Defiance yet so you need to allocate Mind Over Matter. That is 30% damage taken from mana before life. I feel at your level you should have Foible by now. That is a decent increase in mana and mana regeneration and hence survivability. If you have 50 chaos I would spend it on a 5 link Cloak of Defiance which will boost your max mana and regen even further. Since it comes with Mind Over Matter you can drop that passive plus the Cloak offers an additional 10% damage taken by mana before life. I think you will really feel a difference with those two items.

After these I target a tier-1 % increased mana recovery belt. Stygian is stupid expensive so I buy a normal belt with life and mana for 25 chaos or so. With this level of mana regen (maybe need some on ring as well) you should be able to allocate Agnostic for even more survivability.

Also your Clarity is linked to to other gems so it may be reserving more mana than necessary. The guide reads Clarity should not be linked.

If we have Pledge of Hands, don’t we need to replace Spell Echo gem in Ball Lightning setup? And if yes, what with?
"
Vadosique wrote:
If we have Pledge of Hands, don’t we need to replace Spell Echo gem in Ball Lightning setup? And if yes, what with?

It's inadvisable to replace it because regular spell echo gives an increase in cast speed too.
Is Agnerod West Imperial Staff good for this build?
From my experience - to comfortably clear white maps you should have around 2500 HP and about 5000-6000 mana. It is achievable without Cloak of Defiance or Atziri foible. Bunch of 1c rares will get you there.

If you are poor and in a trade league - get cheapest Atziri foible for 3c, you can always divine it later, or even when you'll get some currency simply buy better one.

As soon as you unlock Blight and get Cassia in your hideout annoint Mind Drinker - it's cheap as dirt (2 teals + verdant). And easily doable even in SSF.

Thread of hope frees up some passive points, and gives some damage while costing only 10c. So it should be next upgrade. Freed points went to Forethought passive wheel.

Also I've decided to get rid of path to the flask nodes completely(starting at Battle Rouse wheel). Instead I've took Anointed Flesh wheel (with stun avoidance mastery, though reduced curse effect is also decent option) and Enigmatic defense wheel + Mystic Bulwark notable.

I think that Wrath or Zealotry simply offer more for us. At least until late game when we have all our uniques equipped and really starving for resists.

I am in late yellows now, so far build feels decent. Though Scourge realm is rippy as f.
Last edited by HennekY on Oct 28, 2021, 4:11:19 PM
"
Vadosique wrote:
Is Agnerod West Imperial Staff good for this build?

I have been thinking the same thing. If you don't have Pledge, then give it a try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info