[3.15] CI Forbidden Rite Occultist - RIP

Hi have you Thought about maybe using The Ivory Tower ? it could Give a bit more Defense and Something else to Scale up Instead of HP or ES ,Without Using CI ofc
Last edited by Calbetorex on Jul 23, 2021, 11:38:19 AM
when will you use to start forbidden rite? you know forbidden is so painfully until we get chaos resist.

Can you give me detail about your levelling ?
Last edited by ChuckSchuldinner on Jul 23, 2021, 12:16:19 PM
"
when will you use to start forbidden rite? you know forbidden is so painfully until we get chaos resist.

Can you give me detail about your levelling ?

to be honest, I haven't thought in detail about this until now, I think I will use something like Essence Drain for leveling, until I got a amount of ES I feel like I could risk switching towards CI (something like 3k). Maybe I will start using Forbidden Rite earlier, depending on what gear with chaos res I get hands on.

But the point is, I got a break from Delirium League to Ultimatum, so I'm not the best person to ask for, in terms of efficient leveling.

"
Calbetorex wrote:
Hi have you Thought about maybe using The Ivory Tower ? it could Give a bit more Defense and Something else to Scale up Instead of HP or ES ,Without Using CI ofc

Not until now. Using CI has become a habit of mine and since the spell works good with CI, it seems natural for me to use it. But if I like the gameplay of the skill, I was already thinking about doing a low life version of it, since the scaling seems kinda tempting.

For that I was thinking about using Shav, but the Ivory Tower was a unique I wasn't aware of until now. That could be an interesting alternative. But before planning anything towards LL, I would have to read myself into the topic a little. The last life based char I've played was years ago.^^"

Thanks for the suggestion.
/edit: I've mentioned you and your idea with Ivory Tower in the "Alternative Routes" section. After thinking a moment about this, I like the idea, but that's something to work out a little later into the league.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on Jul 23, 2021, 2:02:35 PM
Hey man. It's me again. I made some calculations and came to fact, that Withering Presence give you not INCREASED chaos damage, but MORE. And that's an extremely powerful boost not to be skipped
"
Hey man. It's me again. I made some calculations and came to fact, that Withering Presence give you not INCREASED chaos damage, but MORE. And that's an extremely powerful boost not to be skipped

Yeah, PoE and Magic are the only games I'm familiar with, where I always take a close look at the wording before jumping into any conclusions.

But I'm thinking about switching to LL, so Withering Presence would become even more important, since it means 60% chaos res less I have to think about.
Is the skill viable with CI?
What I am most concerned with is if it's actually fun to play.
Is there anyone who has tried it?
I am trying this atm, but I am far from an expert and don't have enough time to level fast rn. But I like the idea and I'm about to tell my experience if interested. So far I'm in Act 4 with EDC and waiting to have enugh ES to actually use CI
I have already equipped it and... it disappointed me strongly. The damaging projectiles have fery poor aiming so if mob moves a bit more they will miss. No folowing whatsoever. They are also attached to ground position and there's not enough projectiles to clear the whole pack of monsters in act 10. Probably it is because i lack ES (have only 4k now).
"
Molochmolch wrote:
I am trying this atm, but I am far from an expert and don't have enough time to level fast rn. But I like the idea and I'm about to tell my experience if interested. So far I'm in Act 4 with EDC and waiting to have enugh ES to actually use CI

Thanks for the feedback. I'll at least upload the new pastebin now with the improvements.

I'll started using FR before I got CI, but you really need a high chaos res and life flasks with a long duration. Otherwise you won't have fun. I'm actually on white maps and after the adjustments it works fine.
"
Alknik wrote:
Is the skill viable with CI?
What I am most concerned with is if it's actually fun to play.
Is there anyone who has tried it?

I'm sorry, I have overread your post yesterday.

I'm on ~6k ES right now and white maps work fine. At my current build, removing CI again gives another ~10% dps according to PoB, but going for a hybrid build would require more changes than that.

"
I have already equipped it and... it disappointed me strongly. The damaging projectiles have fery poor aiming so if mob moves a bit more they will miss. No folowing whatsoever. They are also attached to ground position and there's not enough projectiles to clear the whole pack of monsters in act 10. Probably it is because i lack ES (have only 4k now).

Have you already added LMP/GMP? I also was very disapointed about the DPS (especially single target) until I noticed that the spell is able to shotgun.

Besides that, the Anomalous version of the skill offers up to 2 additional targets the spell is aiming for. So if you want to continue with the spell, it might be an option later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info