[3.15] CI Forbidden Rite Occultist - RIP

Hey,

I decided to drop the char. I'm currently at lvl 89, 10K es, 5L and already dumped some ex in good gear. But still I got trouble doing stuff like alva missions or legion encounters on low red tier maps. Expeditions also get really tough. Sure, 6L would give another dmg boost, but I don't feel like that would bring my char to a level, where she can easily walk up to T16.

For those that are interested, below is the pastebin with the current state of my char. If someone else got an idea of how to salvage the build without dumpink like another 5 ex into it, I'm eager to hear those suggestions. I'm out of ideas. For me the idea of the skill is nice, but in order to make it viable for selfcast (without further buffing the totem playstyle) I feel like it needs a better ES scaling.

PoB (Community Edition)
https://pastebin.com/ymYLG147

PoB Changelog (Last Update: 22-07-29 19:10):
(Times in UTC +2)
22-07-29 16:45: dropped poison support because it has not proven worth the investment
22-07-26 22:12: some changes to the tree and the used skills. Most important: Dropped some damage for addtional mana, Soulrend in stead of ED for Hexblast, GMP in stead of Poison support.
22-07-22 21:42: exchanged the Jewel socket right of the start towards scion for the cluster jewel on the right side (more options after lvl 90)
22-07-22 12:20: added first idea for flask setup
22-07-22 09:25: Switched one Chaos DoT medium cluster jewel for a curse one with Evil Eye (additional defense layer) and Misery Everlasting (stronger Despair).
21-07-22 20:25: Adjusted the gear, updated the skilltree again.
21-07-22 18:45: just did some adjustments to the tree and imported the equipment from my Vortex Char I played last league in order to see where the ES will end up. So don't be irritated about the cold stuff.

Alternative Routes/Ideas

- A Hunter Wand/Ring with Despair on Hit may be a good alternative to Profane Proxy
- If you get hands on a source of an additional curse (e.g. hunter chest) there is way less need to skill Malediction.
- Since the 60% chaos res on Withering Presence is kinda useless for our build, it could replaced with Profane Bloom in stead for better clear speed. Still keep in mind that you also get 15% more chaos damage.
- Alternative Anointments (depending on your Focus/Budget):Growth and Decay, Charisma.
- as Calbetorex mentioned, The Ivory Tower would be an interesting alternative for a LL build, in stead of using Shavs. I think this could be very interesting, but most likely a route I will think about later in the league.
- Apep's Supremacy seems more affordable than expected. that may be an alternative until a 300+ ES shield with ES on Block is available.
- In stead of GMP Greater Voley is a noticable alternative

Alternative Quality Gems

- Anomalous Forbidden Rite increases the Clearspeed, since you can target up to 2 additional enemies
- Anomalous LMP/GMP would cost a little damage but lowers the mana multiplier by 20%
- if Greater Voley is taken in stead of GMP, the Divergent may be interesting, if you feel like your projectiles are missing to often.
- Anomalous Skitterbots would be interesting since, at least from what I've read, the increased AoE also works for curses when used with Profane Proxy

Todo's for this Build

- Think about a LL Version of the build
- Check options for last Link
- Pros/Cons
- A more detailed description of how the build works
- notes for leveling
- notes for using Forbidden Rite before having CI
- list gem setup here

If you feel like something else is missing or should be changed, reply please.

Notables about Forbidden Rite

- Forbidden Rite can shotgun. Therefore you can use LMP/GMP (and friends) for a noticable damage boost (especially for single target).
- Forbidden Rite self damage triggers CWDT. While we get no damage with CI at all, this allows very interesting options for the LL route

Crafting

Large Cluster Jewel

Priority list for notables:
Prefix:
- Touch of Cruelty (Enemy takes increased damage = deal more damage)
- Dark Ideation
- Wicked Pall
- Unwaveringly Evil
Suffix:
- Unspeakable Gifts
- Unholy Grace

The Harvest craft Reforge Chaos more likely worked really good for me here. If you can afford it, buy a ilvl 75 one in order to enable Unspeakable Gifts for the modpool (even if the chance is tiny)

This section will be continued, once I craft more stuff myself. If you figure out crafting recipies for the build yourself, feel free to post them, I'll credit you.

Btw, if anyone here likes the build and has a youtube account or something, feel free to take videos for it, since I most likely won't do it. As long as this thread is linked, it's absolutly fine for me.
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.
Last edited by Judaspriester on Aug 2, 2021, 11:14:55 AM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2021, 6:11:29 AM
Reserved
Looks pretty good. I also wanna try forbidden rite, we'll see how it goes once the league starts.

I'm not very familiar with ES builds, do you think 105% inc from tree is enough?

Also why elemental overload? It doesnt do anything to chaos damage, does it?
Last edited by Synjid on Jul 22, 2021, 11:59:22 AM
"
Synjid wrote:
Looks pretty good. I also wanna try forbidden rite, we'll see how it goes once the league starts.

I'm not very familiar with ES builds, do you think 105% inc from tree is enough?

Also why elemental overload? It doesnt do anything to chaos damage, does it?

Thanks for the heads up with Elemental Overload, that's ofc useless for chaos skills. That means 2 more Points for the Cluster Jewel setup.

For the ES: I've just imported my equipment from the vortex char I played last league and switched the helmet (since I most likely won't play with Rime Gaze for obvious reasons) and end up with ~8.9K es.
Given the fact, that this isn't optimized for the current build, there are 6 jewel sockets that want to be filled etc, I think it should be okay. If not, there are some connected points for ES that would be easy to grab.

I've made a few adjustments and edited the pastebin link above. Thanks for the feedback.
Hey man. Thanks for the build. I've been recently viewing through the pastbin and i found that you have CI and Withering Presence at the same time. Isn't it better to take Profane bloom as long as you already have Malediction to further improve your curses and add some more AoE blast. As you no longer need chaos resistance, you can, i suppose, sacrifice some direct damage.

Correct me if i'm wrong
"
Hey man. Thanks for the build. I've been recently viewing through the pastbin and i found that you have CI and Withering Presence at the same time. Isn't it better to take Profane bloom as long as you already have Malediction to further improve your curses and add some more AoE blast. As you no longer need chaos resistance, you can, i suppose, sacrifice some direct damage.

Correct me if i'm wrong

You're welcome.

I added Withering Presence because of the 15% damage multiplier and wither (which is another, stackable, 6% multiplier). The idea behind this was, that Withering Presence spreads some Wither stacks which help me clearing, while I use the Wither Totems only against bosses.

But if you think the AoE and Curse Support from Malediction works out better, feel free to take it in stead. I'm no expert to Chaos builds, I just wanted to share my work. Just keep in mind that we are talking about a new skill, so we can only guess how good the clearspeed will be.

Besides that, If you manage to get hands on a lvl 5 Awakened Hextouch or a chest with +1 curse you could also drop Malediction and take Profane Bloom in stead.

/edit: I updated the main post and added some alternative routes, including your suggestion. :)
Last edited by Judaspriester on Jul 23, 2021, 3:29:47 AM
"
Judaspriester wrote:

Besides that, If you manage to get hands on a lvl 5 Awakened Hextouch or a chest with +1 curse you could also drop Malediction and take Profane Bloom in stead.

Didn't they remove +1 curses from Awakened Hextouch?
"
WilliamGoosen wrote:
"
Judaspriester wrote:

Didn't they remove +1 curses from Awakened Hextouch?

Just checked the patchnotes again, you're right. I'll adjust that point in the main post.
"
I added Withering Presence because of the 15% damage multiplier and wither (which is another, stackable, 6% multiplier). The idea behind this was, that Withering Presence spreads some Wither stacks which help me clearing, while I use the Wither Totems only against bosses.

I do understand the DPS difference between these two traits and WP does more just vecause of wither and also % multiplier. However it strongly depends on the main skill clearing potential, wether it will be enough flat dmg from it or not
"
"

I do understand the DPS difference between these two traits and WP does more just vecause of wither and also % multiplier. However it strongly depends on the main skill clearing potential, wether it will be enough flat dmg from it or not

I fully agree with you here. In the main post I already added some ideas what could be changed and some stuff I want to think about once the league has been started. I'm becomming really curious how this stuff will work out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info