[3.17] Lightning Strike Slayer Starter that clears the entire game

Hey, lovin the build so far especially since I've never used or seen Frost Blades before. But I do have a question: Is there anything you would replace rage/Berserk with? Unless I'm doing somethin wrong (very possible), the rage generation seems very mediocre, not really letting Berserk go off like it should.

So, is there something I need to fix in my gameplay, or is there an alternative that you would suggest in the 6L and empty socket from Berserk?
"
trashmain wrote:
Hey, lovin the build so far especially since I've never used or seen Frost Blades before. But I do have a question: Is there anything you would replace rage/Berserk with? Unless I'm doing somethin wrong (very possible), the rage generation seems very mediocre, not really letting Berserk go off like it should.

So, is there something I need to fix in my gameplay, or is there an alternative that you would suggest in the 6L and empty socket from Berserk?

Skip Headsman and use Behead Support must be fun =)))
"
trashmain wrote:

Rage is by far the best support gem after Added cold damage, especially after the nerf to other gems. But if you can't maintain high enough rage, you can switch it out for Ruthless.
Since after gear upgrades we no longer use War Banner, you can instead instead use Hatred-HoI-Arctic Armour setup for mapping.

At what point would we not want War Banner exactly?
It doesnt contribute towards my hit cap anymore, but it's still 10% inc phys dmg taken right?
"
HarryPothead wrote:
Since after gear upgrades we no longer use War Banner, you can instead instead use Hatred-HoI-Arctic Armour setup for mapping.

At what point would we not want War Banner exactly?
It doesnt contribute towards my hit cap anymore, but it's still 10% inc phys dmg taken right?

War banner only increases enemy phys damage taken, it doesn't increase phys damage we do. Since all our damage is coverted to cold, war banner provides no damage. It's only there to serve as extra burst damage against bosses with adernaline. It only costs 10% of mana, and since we aren't using that mana for anything else, might as well take it.

The time to remove it is when you actually need the mana that it uses. So when you get Enlighten support gem, you can use Hatred-HoI-Arctic armor, but only if you remove the war banner, so at that point it is better to remove it.

sorry i miss-posted and dont know how to delete post
Last edited by roeshamboner on Jul 29, 2021, 8:00:28 PM
This build feels extremely bad to play and unrewarding to me for all the management needed. It feels like it barely tickles rares/bosses or anything with resist element. I've tried so many different setups to improve this feeling for me but it just feels terrible. The only time it ever feels approaching okay is when you have a stationary boss for hydrosphere and your two totems full berserk 50 rage. Ive wasted so many regrets pathing around everywhere trying to change it but nothing helped for me. Thanks for your build but I just don't think it is for me and wanted to give my feedback.
"
NGGrunt wrote:
This build feels extremely bad to play and unrewarding to me for all the management needed. It feels like it barely tickles rares/bosses or anything with resist element. I've tried so many different setups to improve this feeling for me but it just feels terrible. The only time it ever feels approaching okay is when you have a stationary boss for hydrosphere and your two totems full berserk 50 rage. Ive wasted so many regrets pathing around everywhere trying to change it but nothing helped for me. Thanks for your build but I just don't think it is for me and wanted to give my feedback.

Just a quick look through your character is enough to see whats up. You haven't taken Overwhelm ascendancy node - That node is the entire reason I used Ichimonjis as a weapon. The items you have are ineffective - Your jewelry doesn't have any damage at all. I can count about 16 nodes wasted on the tree. It's possible you didn't read the upgraded guide - After I reached endgame myself I made some changes, as I first wrote the guide without having tested the Burtal Fervor node.

There are a lot of things to fix in your build.

1 - Get the last ascendancy points
2 - Remove Vaal Pact, Gladiator Perserverance leech cluster, Intelligence nodes, 2 Mana leech nodes(keep the life+mana one), Frenzy charge nodes, The accuracy cluster near the left jewel slot, and near Primeval force take the upper nodes, not lower nodes. Then allocate all the nodes to either life or effective damage.
3 - Drop damage on full life and pick up a different gem(I used inspiration)
Also, Hypothermia is MUCH worse than added cold damage, So I am not quite sure why you changed it.

4 - Fix intelligence and accuracy with your gear. Helmet should get you 40+ intelligence. Whatever else you need should come from amulet. One of your rings should give you 300+A Accuracy.
5 - Get damage on Jewelry - Amulet should have Life+Crit multi on it. If you can afford, then also Flat physical damage.
Rings should have life + flat phys damage on them.
Try to get jewelry with an open prefix, Added flat cold damage is a very effective craft.

6 - You don't have Assassins mark in your build. This is a big chunk of your damage. I reccommend you sell the 2 jewel tombfists and pick up Oskarm gloves. You should only switch to Tombfist once you can afford a Shaper ring with "Trigger level 8/12 Assassins mark on hit"

7 - Your jewels are also quite bad.
For normal jewels, try to aim for 30+ Crit multi + Attack speed with swords.
For abyss jewels Take "Attack speed if you have crit recently" along with Cold damage to sword attacks and Cold damage to attacks.

So basically there is a lot wrong with the way you have geared and build your character. I am not at all suprised that you have problems with bosses. I can't see your PoB damage numbers, But my guess is that if you fixed all the things I brought up, your damage would go up by about 400-500%
Last edited by TeL_ on Jul 30, 2021, 1:42:10 PM
No use looking at the build now when I changed many things like I told you. You changed a bunch of things from when you first wrote the guide too. All the setup of totems/hydrosphere/mark/berserk etc is not worth the reward. I did all of what your guide originally said.
I'm sorry if I was rude with my comment I was frustrated with the game at time of writing. You are probably correct with some of the damage from necklace/rings and last ascendancy making a big difference but I can't imagine 5x difference unless you are talking about getting multiple exalt type items like mark of elder/good shaper ring. Good luck with your guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info