[3.17] Lightning Strike Slayer Starter that clears the entire game

"
CSZHUNG wrote:
ah so it's trading min-max for budget and consistency. not a bad choice

so what do we have for defences? i ran through the pob but there's negligible evasion and only like 2k armour, and we don't dodge on top of that. while 2.5k/sec leech is nice, wouldn't you get one-shot a lot at yellow and red maps?

The low armor is only there for the starter build, by the time you get to high tier maps you should have some upgrades already. Since unique flasks were nerfed heavily, there is now room for defensive flasks as well, with Granite+Basalt and some armor on gear this build can push near 20k armor.

Not to mention in most case scenarios, if played correctly monsters don't really even have time to damage you. Frost blades freezes enemies near you and kills trash mobs on your entire screen. Leap slam also stuns monsters for enough time for you to kill them when you jump into a pack.

The only time things start hitting you is when there is huge amount of monsters around, so that frostblades doesn't have enough projectiles to hit all of them, like simulacrum or juiced double/triple beyond maps.

If you look at my Tier16 Juiced map video, you can see that I was playing very bad - Jumping too close to monsters which let them hit me and my damage was too low so that strong beyond bosses that dealt a lot of damage didn't die soon enough. But even though I was playing with abyssus, I didn't get one shot.

Places where there can be trouble are bosses with fast movement/aoe spells like Eradicator, but you never get literally ONE SHOT. So if you take too much damage, then leap slam away for a second and wait for life to regenerate.

Aside from fast/aoe bosses and really juiced up maps, you should never have any trouble with survivability.
how to hit the hydrosphere? doesnt seem to work for me, i cant generate rage with it
"
dipsi wrote:
how to hit the hydrosphere? doesnt seem to work for me, i cant generate rage with it

To generate rage with hydrosphere, you will need to have a "Chain hook" skill gem in your weapon swap. You can also have "frenzy" to generate frenzy charges. But those won't last long since you can't keep them up during the fight.

I hadn't played hydrosphere before, so I thought that just having a rage support in frostblades would also generate rage, but apparently not. I will also edit the hydrosphere section.
I love Frost Blades and really enjoying the build, thanks for putting it together! Any idea about what flask enchants you are gonna use?
"
I love Frost Blades and really enjoying the build, thanks for putting it together! Any idea about what flask enchants you are gonna use?

Not yet, I haven't even found any sources that have full details about the new orbs and how they work exactly. But judging by what I have read, it might be good to have 2 flask sets - One enchanted with the orb that makes flasks better that you use for bosses, and then the one without that. Reason being that it might be inconvenient to not gain charges while the flask is active, so it would be bad to map with them. But it doesn't matter during strong bosses like Sirus.
What about skill tree progression?
"
TeL_ wrote:
"

Not yet, I haven't even found any sources that have full details about the new orbs and how they work exactly. But judging by what I have read, it might be good to have 2 flask sets - One enchanted with the orb that makes flasks better that you use for bosses, and then the one without that. Reason being that it might be inconvenient to not gain charges while the flask is active, so it would be bad to map with them. But it doesn't matter during strong bosses like Sirus.

Yeah true. I think having auto cleanse of bleed/freeze etc would be a nice QoL but putting auto activate on bleed/freeze on DPS flasks doesn't make sense because we want to be using them but then won't have them when needing to cleanse. I'm just not a fan of having to smash the button super fast when I get a debuff on me when they're not very noticeable. I definitely think having two sets of flasks is what makes sense like you said. It sucks having to use a bunch of orbs to experiment and find our what works, but if you find something good it would be great to update it into the guide please. :)

"
What about skill tree progression?

TeL has already touched on this on a previous page.

"
TeL_ wrote:
"
akkiskiske wrote:
Could you briefly summarize which directions to go while leveling in the tree?

I path to Mana leech as fast as possible, then take fangs of frost and Winter spirit. After that I start taking life nodes - the ones with %life regeneration to counteract Blood Rage. I have not tried using Tribal fury and Hydrosphere during acts before, but I think this might be the way to go due to Frostblades damage being on the low side in the beginning.

After that you take more generic damage and life nodes and then when you finally switch from axes to swords you start taking the sword nodes.

If you don't mind spending some regret orbs or doing the side quests for respec points you can instead take axe nodes instead of generic damage nodes and then just respec them after you get your first set of unique swords.

"
TeL_ wrote:

Starter gear can clear the most of the game, including A8 Sirus as long as you know the mechanics. I have not tried to do Maven or The Feared with it, that might be too hard.

Appreciate the feedback - currently trying this out. I have never been able to take a build and actually endgame with it. Hopeful for this one.

My question was getting at: "where did you get the starter gear?" I can't ever seem to figure out how to ultra gear and break out of red maps so I want to know if the starter gear is REALLY basic or if I'll run into the same wall I always do.
Last edited by SafeBendyStraw on Jul 25, 2021, 12:43:30 AM
"

Appreciate the feedback - currently trying this out. I have never been able to take a build and actually endgame with it. Hopeful for this one.

My question was getting at: "where did you get the starter gear?" I can't ever seem to figure out how to ultra gear and break out of red maps so I want to know if the starter gear is REALLY basic or if I'll run into the same wall I always do.

For starter gear I just created new items in PoB and chose mods that I want in an item. I made sure to not use any T1 mods or items with too many good mods to keep the costs down. You can likely buy items like that for like 1-5c, but you can even upgrade them for like 10c.

I generally buy the bare minimum gear pieces for 1-3c each after I get some currency, then as I level up I upgrade them to like items worth 10c each which are better than the ones in PoB. Then I start collecting currency and going for the pricy unique upgrades.
Last edited by TeL_ on Jul 25, 2021, 3:19:58 AM
Do we want any gems with alternate quality?

BTW I am level 82 at the time of writing this and my total expenses were literally 2x Ichimonji and 2x 1c items to max res (except chaos).
ign: Krowa_IX HC | RacingCow races

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info