3.15 🥶Ice Trap🥶 Saboteur OR Raider League Starter Build - Freeze ALL BOSSES with Un-Nerfed Damage

Also hopped on the (ice)trap wagon and doing ok on a 5L besides the regular mana issues etc. Lvl83 and still in white maps and a sporadic yellow map. Killed Baran for the first time and it went fine but I am noticing less freezes than I hope/expect. Often, the mobs/boss are still coming at me even though I'm spamming my ice traps. Is it just a matter of getting higher total cold damage or am I missing something to make sure I freeze consistently?

Also, I linked infernal legion to my skitterbots to get the 40% crit mp from explosive expert but not sure if it's worth the extra mana reservation.

Found a profane proxy today and could fit it in so I thought to use it with frostbite for a big DPS increase on cursed monsters and 25% extra chance to freeze. What are your thoughts on this?

You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Also hopped on the (ice)trap wagon and doing ok on a 5L besides the regular mana issues etc. Lvl83 and still in white maps and a sporadic yellow map. Killed Baran for the first time and it went fine but I am noticing less freezes than I hope/expect. Often, the mobs/boss are still coming at me even though I'm spamming my ice traps. Is it just a matter of getting higher total cold damage or am I missing something to make sure I freeze consistently?

Also, I linked infernal legion to my skitterbots to get the 40% crit mp from explosive expert but not sure if it's worth the extra mana reservation.

Found a profane proxy today and could fit it in so I thought to use it with frostbite for a big DPS increase on cursed monsters and 25% extra chance to freeze. What are your thoughts on this?

it is unusable, build needs both chill and shock for ascendancy
otherwise you will have to press additional button, and you could simply apply frostbite selfcast anyway or hextouch, so useless, since 0 life
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

otherwise you will have to press additional button, and you could simply apply frostbite selfcast anyway or hextouch, so useless, since 0 life

Doesn't your ice trap chill enemies? also self cast curse is almost never great.
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Doesn't your ice trap chill enemies? also self cast curse is almost never great.

build uses bonechill with skitterbots, so it will have to be dropped - less damage. Or getting back to using siphoning trap and it isn't much better than selfcast curse, since you already have to press brand, bear trap and frost bomb if you dont have a trigger wand. If you do it is easier to add ass mark there anyway.
Hi, for all the ice trappers here, i wanted to share my legit thoughts about resolving the spell cost due to mana cost & flask changes. Another solid option here instead of eldrich battery or slavedrivers hand (12ex) to resolve spell cost and have a huge addition of damage is to use malachai's awakening : more explanations here
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/oslzp7/try_this_before_paying_12ex_for_a_slavedriv
Last edited by DrLestatt on Jul 27, 2021, 2:40:57 PM
Its ele overload shows up in buffs/debuffs or somehow?
I dont see it working and i checked storm brand is light only.
"
nominell wrote:
"
Chilby2k wrote:
Thanks for the awesome video guide Tripolarbear. I love your enthusiasm and clear guide. Do you have any suggestions for my build atm? I'm finding it really fun and fairly quick :)

Lastly hypothermia level to 10 and that's it. Was it because the mana requirements we only go to 10?

He says in the guide to level it to 20, and 10 is only to simulate the nerfs

Ahh missed that thank you was listening in the car on way to work haha.
Hello!

I´m leaguestarting with this build after watching Tripolar's video. I have to say it´s probably the smoothest league start I have done. Started the league a bit late, still at level 64, but got my tabula at lvl50. Very easy just doing the league mechanic, bartering for chaos, and then buying the humility cards for 1c.

Once you are 6L you basically melt through everything and bosses just last a few seconds. I have resolved mana issues with Clarity and also getting mana recovery on gear. Still not finished the acts, as I don´t have much time to play, but for now the build is amazing.

Thanks for the guide!! Will stick around to see how the build evolves once I get to maps.
Hey guys, when i fight with a boss or tougher rare mob i see that he's shocked by my skitterbots and chilled/frozen by my traps, but i cant seem to ignite enemies and trigger +multi dmg or it just doesnt show? I have added fire dmg to spells on my wand.
hi sir,

sorry to say that your pob is a bit messy ; or maybe I don't know how to use it ? But as long as I can see, your goal gear is not even resistances capped, it's very painful to switch the different steps' active gems to see mana reservation etc.

And if im looking at your profile, it's totaly different from the pob ... making me very confused about what i have to seek first ... the pob or your profile, do i need devouring diadem ? gloves can be skip now ? i was trying to get some strengh on gear for steelskin but you seems to not even use it anymore, etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info