Content Update 3.15.0 -- Path of Exile: Expedition

"
ZionHalcyon wrote:
"
ShugisaPirate wrote:
"
You can no longer obtain Level 21, 23% Quality Gems outside of the Incursion Temple and specific Divination Cards. Chests/rewards that previously would have given a Level 21, 23% Quality Gem now instead give a Level 21, 20% Quality Gem.

I don't get this change. To me it seems like more of an economy nerf than a character power nerf. Making these powerful items more exclusive would just make builds more expensive and less accessible to players, rather than lowering overall dps? I've never studied economics so I'm not really sure what the point of this, could someone clarify it?

It's not rocket science.

Chris Wilson is under the mistaken belief that because the game was too easy, people were getting bored and quitting early.

This was true in some past leagues but not the most recent one where they nerfed some loot drops.

People got bored and quit because the rewards were not worth the effort.

Chris has decided to double down and thinking that if he can just slow everyone down, people would play The League more.

The problem with his thinking is he's underestimating the ability to bore his players to death and therefore have them all burn out and quit.

What Chris is trying to do is artificially slow down the game to an extreme example, thinking it will help retention.

He's not completely wrong about the power creep of the game and the desire to bring the game back into a sort of balance where boss mechanics mean something again.

But the issue is that he's not making it fun for the players along the way.

Grinding the acts has always been a chore and he's made it even more of one. Which is fine if there were level appropriate rewards to be had that were exciting to get.

But unfortunately that's not the case because as I said before they also nerfed loot drops.

I also remember them for ultimatum talking up a big game about improving boss drops. Yet an ultimatum, the boss drops were really no different than they always have been in terms of excitement or usefulness. So when they talk about having fewer drops but more meaningful drops from act bosses, I read that as just simply getting fewer items.

Chris Wilson caters to the extreme player and really doesn't care about anyone else.

That is why he artificially keeps trying to slow the game down. The problem is, he's forgetting to at least make the game fun while he does it.

100%
HEAD HUNTER LEAGUE

bye bye I will safe my money for bitcoin.
Last edited by rodrigoar on Jul 20, 2021, 9:10:51 PM
Farewell melee elemental crit build
Path of Exile X Dark Souls - I'm so hyped for this league! Best changes and direction for POE, sucks some people are complaining about the many small nerfs but you cant make everyone happy.
Chris what happened to Hypothermia?
I was planning to start with lightning traps so im not soooo sad about this slaughter, but some flask nerfs were too much.
I just don't understand the logic behind the direction of this game... It's like they want to completely wipe out 70% of their player base.
Last edited by Vaildez on Jul 20, 2021, 9:12:03 PM
"
Path of Exile X Dark Souls - I'm so hyped for this league! Best changes and direction for POE, sucks some people are complaining about the many small nerfs but you cant make everyone happy.

Please stop insulting Dark souls :P
Charged Dash buff needs to be a little more... rather than 11% increase, why not 30%?
"
The Lion's Roar unique flask now has 7-10% More Melee Physical Damage during effect (previously 20-25%). Existing versions can be updated to the new values with a Divine Orb.
The Bottled Faith Unique Flask no longer has +1-2% to Critical Strike Chance against Enemies on Consecrated Ground during Effect. It now has 100-150% increased Critical Strike Chance against Enemies on Consecrated Ground during Effect, and 20-40% Increased Duration (previously 30-50%). Existing items can be updated to these new modifier values with a Divine Orb.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info