[3.19] Donkster5' LS Champ - Still great! Leaguestart to endgame SC and HC. Updated 8/18

"
namad wrote:
Is there a version of this build where you eventually swap into using Omniscience? It seems like the epen would be really good?

Also I could've sworn I already saw a guide that included that as a late game swap... but I can't find it anymore, and this is the only champion lightning strike build I can find.

Is it hidden as a discussion in the replies of this thread somewhere that I can't find anymore?

Sorry, the written guide below the PoB section is old. All of the information is in the PoB with explanations in the PoB notes tab and build video. There are two versions, one for SC and one for HC.
~Donkster5
So I have been playing this build in SSF. I am obviously at the mercy of self-crafted gear. I have made a few changes to the tree. My damage at this point is fine in maps, but is terrible on Maven/Sirus. I usually swap Inspiration for Multistrike on bosses. Can you take a look at my character and offer any advice?

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds/char/agates911/Bright_Knight?i=12&search=class%3DChampion%26skill%3DVaal-Lightning-Strike
Right, so I am currently level 95, slapping everything right left and center.

Soon I can even afford a Omni, but honestly this build - DOES - NOT - NEED - ONE -

It does incredibly well without one

You can check my character if you want, it is Reavie, lv 95 champ.

Love the build, great fun, solid dps, great tankyness.
- After equipping omni my acc went down from 6000 to 3000!
Is this a big deal? Not sure how much acc is needed to hit things.

Also didnt thought the evasion loss will be that big. Went from nearly 70k to 45k evasion :-/

- Any ideas where to place an glorious vanity for immortal ambition? (Overleech)

- +2 pierce should be enough or is +3 better?

- whats an good eater of worlds influence on gloves if + pierce is not needed? Im not sure if lightning exposure is good , because only 1/3 of my dmg is lightning. Im also suppress maxed.
Last edited by Enterich on May 22, 2022, 12:44:01 PM
"
Korize wrote:

Soon I can even afford a Omni, but honestly this build - DOES - NOT - NEED - ONE -

How do you feel versus empowered mobs from sentinels? Do you often die? How do you feel about your damage? I'm farming currency on my EA Ballista now but thinking about making more tanky character.

Did you bought your claw or crafted?
"
Asag wrote:
"
Korize wrote:

How do you feel versus empowered mobs from sentinels? Do you often die? How do you feel about your damage? I'm farming currency on my EA Ballista now but thinking about making more tanky character.

Did you bought your claw or crafted?

Right! I always use both my sentinels in maps and I kill everything pretty darn easy from them, Yeah some things can become tanky but then I just drop Vaal LS on them and they melt.

Often die? Not now. during 70-85 I died a fair bit as I was still getting into the build. I do use the overleech from slayer aswell with forbidden flesh n flame and that boosted my survivability another fair bit.

The damage is good. It could ofcourse be better, it always can, but for mapping and like exarch and stuff I have no problem, havent tried uberelder or maven and that stuff yet.

I bought a claw for for 2 ex that was like.. 640 eDPS, then I divined it up to 720.. so I got a bit lucky there. Been trying to craft some but had no real luck as of yet.
Hi
Can you help me to improve build without buying omni(the hell is its price?)?
https://pastebin.com/u1JarhEH
Mostly feels good, but 14+ rare map bosses takes a lot of time to kill and i think same thing will be maven, elders etc.

All i can think is Enlighten4+determination(drop arctic armor) and dps cluster jewels. Maybe some source of -res?
"
Dartiuseg wrote:
Hi
Can you help me to improve build without buying omni(the hell is its price?)?
https://pastebin.com/u1JarhEH
Mostly feels good, but 14+ rare map bosses takes a lot of time to kill and i think same thing will be maven, elders etc.

All i can think is Enlighten4+determination(drop arctic armor) and dps cluster jewels. Maybe some source of -res?

The biggest thing I can think of for you is honestly get a Vaal Lightning Strike, it is Such a massive dmg boost for Single target.. or clearing.. or anything really, the damage boost it gives is really good. Get one.

Also yeah, getting determ is great, but you can do that without a enlighten 4 if you put your anger in a Lifetap - Inc duration - Divine Blessing support chain.
That makes it last.. 20? seconds, but it dont reserve mana permanently and allows you to just run determination, massive boost in survivability + keeping the damage.
Hello and sorry for my poor English,

I'm trying this build and till now I think everything is good. fast clearing speed in red tier map and really tanky.
But I have found that my dps is very low, very very low, only 400-500K... I know my build is far away from complete, and DPS is limited by
- I'm using a claw with about 500 eDPS as I cant afford a better one atm
- haven't got the hunter glove or shapper ring set
- I'm using jewels to cap elemental resistances.
- cant afford enlighten so no herald of ice
but I dunno why my dps is as low as only 500K, really confused, can you plz help check my build and give some suggestion? now there is about 1.5 EX left in my wallet and dunno how to improve my build.

POB: https://pastebin.com/6D06geNR

thanks a lot
Hello, i am planning to play this build, i started the league 3 days ago with CF Kinetic Blast, i struggle killing bosses and green invitations. Is this build mid-league viable? I mean, a lot of people playing it and omni prices are so much, i dont know how mechanics work, i just follow builds. Should i play this build? If yes, what should i do? Mapping with CF and grab some ex, then make new champ LS and invest there or swap immediately since i didnt invest anything on CF. I have 2ex now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info