In late 2019, we held the first ExileCon convention in Auckland, New Zealand. ExileCon gave us a great opportunity to experiment with new merchandise for Path of Exile such as the Celestial Cat Socks, Exalted Orb Foam Balls, various plush toys and a lot of different t-shirt designs. We sold much of this merchandise during ExileCon but we do have some very limited stock left over, and have been trying to find a fair way to make it available to players who were unable to attend the event. Today's news post details our plan.

For many merchandise items, we had to hit minimum quantity thresholds in order for them to be possible. So we knew we were going to be left with a few hundred thousand dollars of merchandise that we'd need to sell after the event. We're not able to handle the logistics of running a general merchandise store ourselves at the moment, and we also worry that the best items would sell out instantly. We tried to find a straightforward way to sell all of the remaining stock and make it available for purchase for anyone who may have missed out on being able to attend in person. We would rather that this money was being spent on development rather than filling up a storage unit.

We have packaged the merchandise into Mystery Bags that are identified by their shirt sizes. When you buy a bag of a specific shirt size, you're guaranteed at least two Path of Exile t-shirts (in different designs) and one plushie. The other items in the bag are also random and are picked to top the value up so that all the bags are worth approximately the same amount. For clarity, these bags do not contain any past exclusive supporter pack physical merchandise. It's just the merchandise that we made for ExileCon. Each ExileCon Mystery Bag contains at least its face value in merchandise, with a chance to receive items that are in lower stock or higher demand. Unfortunately, we cannot offer to sell specific merchandise directly or to let people choose which random outcome they get, as the most popular pieces of merchandise are also the ones we have the fewest left of.

The bags are priced at $100 USD + shipping (and sales tax if you're in New Zealand). If you want to buy one, contact merch@grindinggear.com and let them know your address and your desired shirt size (you can't pick which specific mystery bag outcome you'll get, only your shirt size). They'll calculate a total and will send you a payment link. If you pay within 24 hours, you'll be locked in. Otherwise it'll go to the next person in the queue. Because these may sell fast, there's initially a limit of one bag per customer.

Please note that there are no hoodies left in stock and they are not included in the mystery bags.

Below, you can find the nine possible random outcomes for each mystery bag purchase. Below that, you can view what quantity of each outcome is available for each shirt size.

Random Mystery Bag Outcomes

Outcome A:
  • 2x Path of Exile T-shirts of different types
  • Random Plushie
  • ExileCon Cloth Map of Wraeclast
  • ExileCon Lanyard
  • ExileCon Black Bags

Outcome B:
  • Random Plushie
  • ExileCon Cloth Map of Wraeclast
  • Path of Exile Foam Exalted Orb
  • Path of Exile ExileCon Corrupted Vinyl Decal

Outcome C:
  • Random Plushie
  • Path of Exile Dye-Sub Patch (Premium)

Outcome D:
  • Random Plushie
  • Path of Exile Celestial Cat Socks

Outcome E:
  • Random Plushie
  • Path of Exile Iron-on Patch (Non-Premium)
  • ExileCon Lanyard

Outcome F:
  • Random Plushie
  • Path of Exile Celestial Cat Socks

Outcome G:
  • Random Plushie
  • Path of Exile Exalted Orb Snapback Hat

Outcome H:
  • 3x Path of Exile T-shirts of different types
  • Random Plushie

Outcome I:
  • Random Plushie
  • Path of Exile Exalted Orb Snapback Hat

Shirt Types

• Path of Exile Lunaris Vs. Solaris Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile Kitava Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile Vaal Orb Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile Exalted Orb Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile Chaos Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile Shaper Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile Untainted Paradise Premium Tee
  • Path of Exile ExileCon Logo Premium Tee

Ratios of Outcome Type to Shirt Size Availability

Outcome Small Medium Large XL 2XL 3XL 4XL
A 77 69 167 198 30 22 18
B 44 38 97 110 17 13 11
C 31 28 69 79 12 9 7
D 3 2 6 4 1 0 1
E 15 13 32 37 6 4 3
F 10 9 25 25 4 3 3
G 1 1 3 4 2 0 0
H 83 71 198 176 31 23 18
I 0 0 0 34 0 0 0
Total 264 231 597 667 103 74 61
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
Still waiting for my Exalted Orb shirt from my supporter pack I bought at Ultimatum start
What
Why don't you give those as prizes for some events?
merchandise shop when ?!!!
Pog
Still waiting on my Orion Supporter pack merchandise and also on new core supporter apck merch. Wtf GGG?
"
Still waiting on my Orion Supporter pack merchandise and also on new core supporter apck merch. Wtf GGG?

Free Chinese Game no complaining sir

hue hue hue
"
Still waiting for my Exalted Orb shirt from my supporter pack I bought at Ultimatum start

Sorry to hear that! Can you please get in touch with our Support team at support@grindinggear.com to see if they can look into that for you?
"
Kardel179 wrote:
merchandise shop when ?!!!

We're working on something and will have more news about this soon. It's a little far off from being set up but an upcoming post will be looking to get your feedback on what merchandise you'd like to see in a potential store. Let us know if you have any thoughts!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info