[3.19] ⚛️ Qosmoz's 🔥 Blazing Salvo Mines Saboteur 🔥 League Start to Uber Bosses!

Anything else I can do with this?
So, anybody playing this again this patch? :>
How’s the power of this compared to glacial cascade mines? I’ve been away since 3.11 and I used low life glacial cascade mines and found it fun, and with all the changes I’m not sure if that’s still viable.
I don't know about Glacial Cascade because I haven't played them before 3.11, but so far here's what I have managed to do with the build.

Sirus is insta phased, Maven is almost insta phased, Shaper/Elder are phased instantly too, Maven's invitations for synths, elder/shaper/conqueror guys is easy, maybe you lose one portal depending on the mods. Cortex can cost you a portal or two if you don’t pay attention to the mechanics, otherwise all synths go down real fast.

I haven't done uber elder yet because the fight is more technical that I can handle at the end of the working day while drinking beer. Haven't tried uber uber bosses yet, and frankly don't really want to.

Map clear is reasonable in terms of speed, past some point in dps/gear you just throw mines at everything and it dies away. And Sentinels and Expedition and whatever allow you to make a bunch of money on the way, I suppose, unless you fall on the unlucky side of RNG.

I suppose I was a bit lucky with drops: some organic exalts from maps and some from Tujen; a full one set of The Hoarder cards from Kirac mission early on; Aegis Aurora that goes for 7 ex this league; and a Mirror shard (15 ex when I sold it). Eventually I was able to switch to Lvl4 Enligthen + Herald of Ash + Determination variant without any other jewels, see my PoB (sorry Snakepit, good ring but pepehands).

I have corrupted about 20-25 Divergent Blazing Salvos before I managed to land a 21/20 one. Because apparently there is some fashionable CWDT build this league that involves DivBS, I was able to buy them for like 15c, level and corrupt them and sell for 50+c each.

I got rid of Wave of Conviction in favor of rolling Exposure on hit on gloves, adding to that Unnerve implicit. That allowed me to stuff more gems into the setup.

I also was having a Portal gem and Faster Casting for the brand, but with HoA and Enlighten they had to go away. Unfortunately, the unset rings with the stats that I need are too expensive for a convenience of having a portal gem available. Maybe later though...

Current notable gear:

+4 Shavs (50 ex at the time of buying) (was running a simple 6L and then a +2 before) (people tend to buy them out very quickly despite the price)

Chayula with Anger effect corruption (sniped one accidentally for 1 ex)

Circle of Anguish with HoA reservation efficiency, dps buff AND bleed prevention (I hate bleeding mechanics, the guy was selling it for 40c)...

... which after acquiring Enlighten 4 and allocating Clarity reservation efficiency mastery was then replaced by a pure buff variant (the seller listed it at 25c, heh)

A wand that works as a Bottled Faith (25 ex but worth it):

... but also good +1/+1 wands are rare because they are bought out very fast, so I'm now farming currency to get one, so my Blazing Salvo is up to Lvl 28 and gets another fired projectile. Otherwise, this wand seems to be kinda very good for general maximizing of "on hit" value of a single projectile. The base is not perfect but I bought what I could.

Also Watcher's Eye with mana->ES Clarity, Fire Pen Anger and Crit Ele Pen Zealotry mods, and an Energy From Within with Corrupted Blood and Hinder immunity.

And an Enlighten Lvl 4 that costs a leg this league for some reason, but allows to squeeze a HoA for +10% extra dps, or so.

--

With the changes to rare monsters, while leveling, I for some reason chose leveling with squishy build variant, and boy did I die a lot. After farming some money with chaos recipes and whatnot, I switched to LL/ES, started with 5 link Shavs, then switched to regular 6 link and so it went.

I was able to use weapon recombinators to recombobulate a good wand somewhere on the way around lvl93:

... and it helped a fair bit. Other than that, the league plays smoothly and past some beefing up (6+k ES) the build feels to be rather convenient. And you can really yolo explode the stupid metamorphs that happen this league -- if only they dropped anything of notable value.

Oh, and I have to play on Predictive because when you juice and explode the mob packs, the lockstep and latency issues make it hard to play in a fluid and responsive manner. The only downside to that is when there's too much stuff on screen and I get a lag, I die from something I don't even see. But I think I'm not the only person who experiences that for the time being. To compensate for that while leveling 95-97, past 60% of the levels I just ran Beachheads.

--

After writing this all up, I'm like: hey, I dropped a whopping about 100 ex on this build and ... ? I guess I just like mines and don't like anything else.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk :)

--

P.S. from June 20: I was farming and saving as much as I could and finally bought probably the best +1/+1 that I could get my hands on without getting into crafting it myself:

... and then some guy bought my previous wand for some crazy money, so I added a Megalomaniac with Pressure Points/Wish for Death/Sublime Form for some utility.

Probably one thing left that I wanted would be a curse on hit ring to get rid of Arcanist Brand, but Flammability != Sniper's Mark... Eh, whatever. I was never more lucky in any league before this one, might as well leave it as it is.

From June 21: Upgraded the belt and killed Uber Elder first time in my playing PoE ever.
Last edited by noene on Jun 21, 2022, 1:48:08 PM
Spoiler
"
noene wrote:
I don't know about Glacial Cascade because I haven't played them before 3.11, but so far here's what I have managed to do with the build.

Sirus is insta phased, Maven is almost insta phased, Shaper/Elder are phased instantly too, Maven's invitations for synths, elder/shaper/conqueror guys is easy, maybe you lose one portal depending on the mods. Cortex can cost you a portal or two if you don’t pay attention to the mechanics, otherwise all synths go down real fast.

I haven't done uber elder yet because the fight is more technical that I can handle at the end of the working day while drinking beer. Haven't tried uber uber bosses yet, and frankly don't really want to.

Map clear is reasonable in terms of speed, past some point in dps/gear you just throw mines at everything and it dies away. And Sentinels and Expedition and whatever allow you to make a bunch of money on the way, I suppose, unless you fall on the unlucky side of RNG.

I suppose I was a bit lucky with drops: some organic exalts from maps and some from Tujen; a full one set of The Hoarder cards from Kirac mission early on; Aegis Aurora that goes for 7 ex this league; and a Mirror shard (15 ex when I sold it). Eventually I was able to switch to Lvl4 Enligthen + Herald of Ash + Determination variant without any other jewels, see my PoB (sorry Snakepit, good ring but pepehands).

I have corrupted about 20-25 Divergent Blazing Salvos before I managed to land a 21/20 one. Because apparently there is some fashionable CWDT build this league that involves DivBS, I was able to buy them for like 15c, level and corrupt them and sell for 50+c each.

I got rid of Wave of Conviction in favor of rolling Exposure on hit on gloves, adding to that Unnerve implicit. That allowed me to stuff more gems into the setup.

I also was having a Portal gem and Faster Casting for the brand, but with HoA and Enlighten they had to go away. Unfortunately, the unset rings with the stats that I need are too expensive for a convenience of having a portal gem available. Maybe later though...

Current notable gear:

+4 Shavs (50 ex at the time of buying) (was running a simple 6L and then a +2 before) (people tend to buy them out very quickly despite the price)

Chayula with Anger effect corruption (sniped one accidentally for 1 ex)

Circle of Anguish with HoA reservation efficiency, dps buff AND bleed prevention (I hate bleeding mechanics, the guy was selling it for 40c)...

... which after acquiring Enlighten 4 and allocating Clarity reservation efficiency mastery was then replaced by a pure buff variant (the seller listed it at 25c, heh)

A wand that works as a Bottled Faith (25 ex but worth it):

... but also good +1/+1 wands are rare because they are bought out very fast, so I'm now farming currency to get one, so my Blazing Salvo is up to Lvl 28 and gets another fired projectile. Otherwise, this wand seems to be kinda very good for general maximizing of "on hit" value of a single projectile. The base is not perfect but I bought what I could.

Also Watcher's Eye with mana->ES Clarity, Fire Pen Anger and Crit Ele Pen Zealotry mods, and an Energy From Within with Corrupted Blood and Hinder immunity.

And an Enlighten Lvl 4 that costs a leg this league for some reason, but allows to squeeze a HoA for +10% extra dps, or so.

--

With the changes to rare monsters, while leveling, I for some reason chose leveling with squishy build variant, and boy did I die a lot. After farming some money with chaos recipes and whatnot, I switched to LL/ES, started with 5 link Shavs, then switched to regular 6 link and so it went.

I was able to use weapon recombinators to recombobulate a good wand somewhere on the way around lvl93:

... and it helped a fair bit. Other than that, the league plays smoothly and past some beefing up (6+k ES) the build feels to be rather convenient. And you can really yolo explode the stupid metamorphs that happen this league -- if only they dropped anything of notable value.

Oh, and I have to play on Predictive because when you juice and explode the mob packs, the lockstep and latency issues make it hard to play in a fluid and responsive manner. The only downside to that is when there's too much stuff on screen and I get a lag, I die from something I don't even see. But I think I'm not the only person who experiences that for the time being. To compensate for that while leveling 95-97, past 60% of the levels I just ran Beachheads.

--

After writing this all up, I'm like: hey, I dropped a whopping about 100 ex on this build and ... ? I guess I just like mines and don't like anything else.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk :)
nice TED talk :)
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
Last edited by QosmozGaming on Jun 6, 2022, 12:16:13 PM
I've updated the guide, hopefully a bit simpler now with different PoBs with scaling damage.

Let me know if something does not work.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz
nice build
Last edited by nngiabao on Jun 24, 2022, 12:11:55 PM
nice 3.19

Blazing Salvo now deals 7–10 Fire Damage at gem level 1 (previously 6–9), up to 270–405 at gem level 20 (previously 241–361). Now has 60% Effectiveness of Added Damage (previously 55%).

Qosmos, bro, in a league start scenario, to Rush Simulacrum, better Blazing Salvo or EoW?
"
mugwara wrote:
Qosmos, bro, in a league start scenario, to Rush Simulacrum, better Blazing Salvo or EoW?

Well this build do not excel in simulacrum. Expect solid clear up to wave 20-21 but things get rough after. I could do wave 30 only with real big investment. Overall eow will be better offensively and defensively.
twitch.tv/Qosmoz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info