Game window freezes when I hover mouse pointer over the game

Same here. Win 7 Ultimate.
Guess we have to wait for a patch to fix a problem created by a patch that is supposed to fix some problems detected from a previous patch....
Last edited by Zortoss on May 11, 2021, 10:02:24 PM
Same problem here when the mouse hovers over the poe window the cursor slows down and the game freezes until i take the mouse of the poe window.

Also Win 7 user
Last edited by primus1213 on May 11, 2021, 9:57:42 PM
Hopeful that this can be either rolled back or fixed quickly.

Side note: Is there any QAT done before things like this ?
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
D3izhistory wrote:
maybe you could explain why a bug fix patch was nearly 800 megs to begin with too.....

Saving the effort of someone that's likely to actually be spending time on fixing problems, I can outline for you several common contributions to patch size.

One of the improvements made in the tech patch in late 3.11 was the introduction of bundles where they grouped several related files together into compressed files that are easier for updaters like Steam to patch and which greatly improve disk access patterns for the game.

Part of resources being part of larger compressed bundles is that if you change one file in a bundle the whole bundle changes and is likely to need a full replacement when updating unless it compresses in a similar way.

It's not uncommon that a patch apart from fixing problems also ships new assets to the game directory that may be ready and is just waiting to be enabled. Those tend to have a bit of heft to them.

Finally, any changes to visuals tend to require an updated shader cache which can weigh in for a good number of megs as well.

See it less as a patch that only fixes what's mentioned in the changelog, and more as a suitable time to ship all the things that have been ready since last patch that eventually needs to land on your computer.
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

Don't ask GGG about QA, that can of worms is best left unopened atm
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:

You're doing it right now.
I'm Win 7 user. Freestanding version. Cannot play game at all after last patch... :(
"
ZaoFishbones wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:
maybe you could explain why a bug fix patch was nearly 800 megs to begin with too.....

Saving the effort of someone that's likely to actually be spending time on fixing problems, I can outline for you several common contributions to patch size.

One of the improvements made in the tech patch in late 3.11 was the introduction of bundles where they grouped several related files together into compressed files that are easier for updaters like Steam to patch and which greatly improve disk access patterns for the game.

Part of resources being part of larger compressed bundles is that if you change one file in a bundle the whole bundle changes and is likely to need a full replacement when updating unless it compresses in a similar way.

It's not uncommon that a patch apart from fixing problems also ships new assets to the game directory that may be ready and is just waiting to be enabled. Those tend to have a bit of heft to them.

Finally, any changes to visuals tend to require an updated shader cache which can weigh in for a good number of megs as well.

See it less as a patch that only fixes what's mentioned in the changelog, and more as a suitable time to ship all the things that have been ready since last patch that eventually needs to land on your computer.

you know that "why the pigeon is so big" meme right?
This is like that, don't bother
We have identified and fixed the problem, we'll be deploying the fix as soon as we can.
Have the same issue, also on Windows. I also just updated my Java, so wondering if everyone else in this thread has, too? Maybe that was what broke it for me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info