[3.16 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Budget & Beginner Divine Ire Totem Hierophant

"
Chubbypuppy wrote:
Brands do count as coming from you, so you have to put WOC into traps. If you want you can add charged trap support for some frenzy charges, but it feels unreliable when I used it last night.

It's too bad so many people are playing totems this league that Soul Mantle 6L and Veil helm are like 15X combined right now. I just got my (self 4L) soul mantle and 2 Kika rings last night, and am actually using Arc instead of Divine Ire because it feels faster leveling. If I can get more cast speed, or maybe denser mob density, will make DI feel better.

Yeah thats the thing that sucks about making "budget friendly" builds. Is that one league its super easy and budget friendly and then the next. Totems is meta because everything else got slam dunked on.
it will be good to put oil in my amulet

Command of Steel changed

I can't get arcane speed, it's expensive
Hello Berger. Have used your impale champion build in the past and happy to see similar care/attention has gone into this one. Personally I've been tinkering w/ DIT since 3.9, and while I still am dedicated to the build, frankly it's been super hard to make work.

I switched over to your version this past week and while the tankiness is great, and my DPS has improved, I'm still struggling mightily on bosses w/ inadequate damage (A9 witnessed Shaper couple times failed, same w/ A9 Maven). I run Agnostic and a few different gem choices (not using assassin's mark rn, etc.) but can't see any other glaring differences that accounts for my dps disparity. Alot of times my totems either get obliterated, or the boss simply teleports away from my totem cluster and it requires alot of work to reset the totems & sigil of power. If you have time to check out my POB thanks. If not np and GL to you: https://pastebin.com/6HgwzG5p

Spoiler
Genuinely questioning if the average POE player can actually do stuff like A8/9 Maven, Sirus, Simulacrum, etc. with this build. If you can kudos to you, cuz the fights are incredibly difficult & grindy. In playing with this iteration for about a week in standard, the build caps out pretty hard after guardians/conquerors & unwitnessed elder/shaper -- even with a complete endgame setup, which is pretty sad considering the investment. I was really hoping it could handle higher tier content.

Your totems either melt before they can ramp up or the bosses simply move around too much. You can get Ironwood on your ammy but then ur basically losing 15-20% damage by not having Arcane Swiftness, and it still doesn't solve issue of the bosses just moving away from your totems before DI charges up anyhow. I have found no solution to this & I wish the rest of you luck if you choose this build.
Last edited by WarPig17 on Aug 18, 2021, 2:14:03 PM
"
WarPig17 wrote:
Genuinely questioning if the average POE player can actually do stuff like A8/9 Maven, Sirus, Simulacrum, etc. with this build. If you can kudos to you, cuz the fights are incredibly difficult & grindy. In playing with this iteration for about a week in standard, the build caps out pretty hard after guardians/conquerors & unwitnessed elder/shaper -- even with a complete endgame setup, which is pretty sad considering the investment. I was really hoping it could handle higher tier content.

Your totems either melt before they can ramp up or the bosses simply move around too much. You can get Ironwood on your ammy but then ur basically losing 15-20% damage by not having Arcane Swiftness, and it still doesn't solve issue of the bosses just moving away from your totems before DI charges up anyhow. I have found no solution to this & I wish the rest of you luck if you choose this build.

First of all, I doubt that the average PoE Player even does A8 Sirus at all. Based on what I've seen from streaming and playing the game for years, being in the community and so on. I would say NO.. most people never reach this stage.

Secondly, this build is definitely not a pure bosser for endgame bosses such as Maven as you are saying. When I made this build I made it more for beginner players to PoE which can make a super easy to play build(good defenses & its totems with decent damge lul). This build is not made to to the uber endgame bosses such as A9 Sirus/Maven/Feared and so on.

I myself did A8 Sirus and didn't even attempt any of the others before I eventually quit streaming and PoE so I haven't even tried to invest more into this character or try other itterations of it.
Appreciate the response. Just providing what honest feedback I can for everyone's benefit. It's a good guide and hopefully you view my comments as constructive.

"
First of all, I doubt that the average PoE Player even does A8 Sirus at all. Based on what I've seen from streaming and playing the game for years, being in the community and so on. I would say NO.. most people never reach this stage.

Fair points. I'm simply saying these fights are incredibly difficult if you aspire to do them. I play a lot and can't do them, so just giving fair warning to other ambitious exiles aspiring to conquer the game's tougher content w/ totems.

"
Secondly, this build is definitely not a pure bosser for endgame bosses such as Maven as you are saying. When I made this build I made it more for beginner players to PoE which can make a super easy to play build(good defenses & its totems with decent damge lul). This build is not made to to the uber endgame bosses such as A9 Sirus/Maven/Feared and so on.

I was focusing my critique on bosses because that's what's been a huge struggle for me, and the guide lists 'Good Single Target DPS' as a 'Pro'. Agreed, it handles T16 maps fine (in fact I really like mapping w/ the build). Likewise it can handle up to unwitnessed Shaper/Elder OK (albeit I'm doing it on a full endgame setup), but tougher content feels like a mountain even w/ very good gear. Even some quasi-endgame encounters such as Minotaur can feel bad.

While I understand your vision for the build now, it's not altogether clear from the guide that's who and what it's exclusively designed for. The clarification is appreciated.

"
I myself did A8 Sirus and didn't even attempt any of the others before I eventually quit streaming and PoE so I haven't even tried to invest more into this character or try other itterations of it.

Enjoy your time away from the game. Hope you keep the build alive.

Cheers.
Have done more grinding with the build. It was a steep learning curve for me personally but managed to take down A9 Maven. So if anyone is struggling (as I've been) don't give up. I believe the biggest difference came from swapping out Concentrated Effect for Faster Casting. Faster Casting DPS is harder to quantify in POB but in testing it you get to 20 stages like 30% faster which is just a huge difference on flighty / fast bosses. I also began spamming Wave of Conviction trap whenever there were opportunistic windows to do so. It doesn't do tons of damage but it adds up over a long fight and its a better use of your time than just running aimlessly.

Cheers.
How good is increased Lightning Damage in Relation to Spell Damage, Cast Speed and Increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells? And how reliable is the damage number that is shown when highlighting my divine ire?
This build will get an update to PoB and hopefully this guide eventually. No time for guide overhaul now though.

PoB link will be out when PoB is updated.
How is this building holding up this league? I might want to try it out again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info