[3.16 UPDATED] Bergerbrush's Budget & Beginner Divine Ire Totem Hierophant

I use skitterbots so the lack of shock is partially offset.

I plan to level an ISC gem as well. I don't know how much of an actual increase in crit chance it provides, and I'm at work with no access to POB.

Which is why I'm bummed about controlled destruction. The hit to crit chance wasn't all that large. Oh well, adapt or die.
Starting this 3.15 :D
Never played totem but i am not a beginner !

Will probably shift to Forbidden Rite later :D

cheers glhf in this new league
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
FYI for the both of you. The reason why you should play Elemental Focus instead of Increased Critical Strikes is because, even though Elemental Focus removes you ability to shock. It still provides a large damage increase overall thats more sustainable.

Shock is based on the most recent hit if I'm not misstaken, and thus making the Shock Value very low since channeling Divine Ire will make multiple smaller hits until the beam goes off. So the enemy will most often NOT have a high shock value on it. Thus making shock very unreliable.

2 sets of totems should be firing at the same time. So your very first hit of the pair will do slightly less damage but the follow on hit will have the full benefit of shock. This matters more on bosses where you'll constantly be hitting them with 6 Divine Ires.

"

Putting the Wave of Conviction in the Arcanist Brand is good though if that does work, making it less tedious with the trap throwing.

Not 100% sure if it does work though? I guess it should...

Wave of Conviction counts as a hit, so culling strike would also be triggered.
I don't know, still feels like the Shock would be very unreliable as you have so many totems channeling and firing 20 stack divine ires.

But does the wave of conviction deal damage as it is from a brand? I believe it would do so right. Since we need it to deal damage.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
I don't know, still feels like the Shock would be very unreliable as you have so many totems channeling and firing 20 stack divine ires.

But does the wave of conviction deal damage as it is from a brand? I believe it would do so right. Since we need it to deal damage.

As I understand it, brand damage doesn't count as from you, so it shouldn't be affected by Ancestral Bond. It appears to function that way from my current testing.
"
DjRiff wrote:
"
Bergerbrush wrote:

As I understand it, brand damage doesn't count as from you, so it shouldn't be affected by Ancestral Bond. It appears to function that way from my current testing.

Then that's amazing! I will change the build up to use it that way now instead since Blade Blast is gone now :)
Sry i dont know how to delete the post I wrote..
Last edited by BENAZAR on Jul 26, 2021, 8:13:03 PM
Started this build just now, and was surprised to see that even on Act 3, after grabbing the first ascendancy points (for totems) and speccing into Ancestral Bond, Divine Ire Totems are already really good at clearing and obliterating bosses.

Good build so far.
"
Bergerbrush wrote:
"
DjRiff wrote:
"
Bergerbrush wrote:

Then that's amazing! I will change the build up to use it that way now instead since Blade Blast is gone now :)

I tried this yesterday and Wave of Conviction doesn't do any damage with Arcanist Brand and Ancestral Bond, trap it is then.
Last edited by lemerok on Jul 28, 2021, 10:44:57 AM
Brands do count as coming from you, so you have to put WOC into traps. If you want you can add charged trap support for some frenzy charges, but it feels unreliable when I used it last night.

It's too bad so many people are playing totems this league that Soul Mantle 6L and Veil helm are like 15X combined right now. I just got my (self 4L) soul mantle and 2 Kika rings last night, and am actually using Arc instead of Divine Ire because it feels faster leveling. If I can get more cast speed, or maybe denser mob density, will make DI feel better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info