Huge stutter freeze after latest texture streaming fix update.

Tried eliminating any devices between the system and the stutter would still happen. I ran some packet loss tests to see if it was my ISP, but the packet loss is normal, nothing crazy. No other multiplayer/online games suffer from any freezing/stuttering. But connecting my computer to my phones hotspot to go through my cell provider, and the game runs smooth. So did this hotfix break something in the netcode for POE that makes it so it has zero tolerance for any packetloss?

Hopefully this is helpful to someone to figure this out.
well I don't have any packet loss and my latency is stable

If anything - servers choking as always, because I may have suspicion, that with player count drop they dropped server capacity and now servers barely handling it - because trust me, they will save every penny they can
Same thing here.

https://prnt.sc/12czvku

Honestly about to uninstall the game. Unplayable at current state.
Same here... since s*itty league start there was no problem. Last updete = freezes every 15 to 60 seconds in maps/new character run. Best of luck on fixing this!
Question: How many ppl here are using a Ryzen Processor, especially a 1st Gen?

This FPS stutter reminds me of Ritual stuttering which heavily affected Ryzen users in the 1st month. Seems like they somehow reverted the fix they did back then.
YEP Same as OP

*Edit

Ryzen processor FYI

Dx11/Vulkan - Either renderer has consistent freezes

Was not occurring Pre 3.14.1 hotfix

Cali server 56-m/s in town

300-m/s during instances/maps
Last edited by AccountNameDiddler on May 1, 2021, 7:45:31 PM
It's been a while since I played PoE so I decided to start playing again, last time I played Malachai was the end boss.

I was having fun till yesterday when after the patch. Constant lag now, I hit act 5 and every single damn Ultimatim lagged so hard I've died every single time I've tried it. Previously no lag at all. I've lost a fair amount of nice items today from the massive lag. I can't get my resistance up because all the mechanics that provide the rares cause lag the entire mechanic till I die. I got back to Rayclast and I was just outside town when I saw this strange clearish vortex-looking thing, when I walked into it the world turned grey and somewhat foggy. Then mob started to spawn then the lag came. I lagged hard for the next 30 seconds or so till I got killed by the monsters overrunning me. That was probably the 9th death today solely from the lag via spawning mobs. That was it and I said, "time to log off".
"
Akavuuh wrote:
Question: How many ppl here are using a Ryzen Processor, especially a 1st Gen?

This FPS stutter reminds me of Ritual stuttering which heavily affected Ryzen users in the 1st month. Seems like they somehow reverted the fix they did back then.

Nope, I'm running an I5 sandy 3.5gz. So it's not a Ryzen issue.
Nice one GGG, the game is fixed. Thanks alot.

They just dont care anymore btw.
Last edited by eduardo9723 on May 1, 2021, 8:32:23 PM
I am now getting system crashing issues very similar to the original poster. I was one of the people that was dealing with texture streaming pretty well in the beginning and has only gotten worse since the updates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info