What We're Working On for Ultimatum

Really bored already, everything being nerfed just makes the game feel 'meh'. Harvest, legion, delerium, delve, perandus (lol), talisman (omfg lol), map drops, the list goes on.

I loved the last league, so many choices at end game, delve, beast farm, legion farm, harvest farm, deli farm, harbinger farm, perandus farm, etc. This league they all feel crap. As usual GGG can't apply subtle nerfs, they nuke things into a state of uselessness.

When streamers talk about essence farming being one of the most lucrative mechanics, you know its not a good league.

I cant see this league having any longevity.

The what we are working on post, feels like a lot of nothing? Don't mean to be negative, just feel really flat about this league and how the game is now.
Last edited by IcedInferno007 on Apr 22, 2021, 6:12:28 PM
No Soul Eater in Ultimatum pls!!!
"
Krashkraken wrote:
I am a long way from "end-game" but the risk/reward of the Ultimatums seem totally out of whack.

I am a miner so the mechanics of the Ultimatums is somewhat easier for me (can fill the screen before the mobs spawn -- can keep running whilst dropping mines and traps, etc) but even I find the encounters unreliable. Some are easy as pie and others are insta-deaths. I will do the first level of each Ultimatum because I can pre-fill the screen with mines, but after that it is just craziness. I cant imagine how much hell these Ultimatums must be for a Bow toon. You have to stop and fire at them???? That is death. Probably ok for a cyclone toon if you have nice rig (otherwise the lag would toast you).

Any toon who has to shoot/strike/cast in a directional manner to do damage is simply screwed. I thought Rituals for tough for them, but at least you had room to Dash and shoot. These are micro-zones of death with escalating skills that shrink the area with every level.

I hope they change these encounters soon. Without them the league is just a nerfed version of some past leagues (no loot, no maps, no fun).

The mechanics are mostly fine (although it gets to a point where most are impossible to see).

The problem is the sheer damage and hp of mobs - at T3-4 maps, some just kill me the second I start the encounter, with 3k life and full resistances.
"
vio wrote:
"
bauermayers wrote:
"
vio wrote:

from my point of view they did a amazing job.

Sure, amazing job when you have a league start that looked like it was planned and executes by children and with streamers skipping queues on top of it.

Yeah, amazing job indeed.

beside their streamer priority issue which reasoning also escapes me, how could they have handled the league start better?

they did load tests with bots and everything before the league started and couldn't find the database shard size issue they ran into.

you think children can setup a postgreSQL database cluster to simultaniously serve millions of players?

could you do the job?

Oh, the old "do it better" fallacy. I'm not a programmer, I'm not part of the team that is developing POE for years, and has been through lots of league starts.

If they actually did tests it clearly shows they are doing something wrong. I don't know if you remember this, but the same thing happened in Ritual, but it wasn't this bad, so it feels like they don't learn from past mistakes or don't care because they know there are enough players that will white knight them every chance they can, no matter how bad they screw up.
GGG right now in the current state of the game, almost all the things that made POE fun are nerfed in multiple aspects. I personally like blighted maps and really appreciate the buffs to that were made to them. But a minority likes doing blighted maps. I would like you to consider some changes to the endgame as no fun = less player retention. Also thanks for all the hard work.
So if razer dance takes half the league alot of people will be worn out and done playing by then, So your going to enable the challenge as finished for anyone who was playing all this time, if it takes that long right?

Although i have a sneaky suspicion your going to wait until you nerf it all into oblivion and then put it in to get people to use them still.

But lets hope i'm just imagining things. Most of it doesn't give xp the parts that do is decent idk if i would call it great is it worth doing when you have garbage items in the window? Definitely not unless your leveling and don't want to stop to find normal mobs even then its kind of touch and go.
Returned to this thread to add some questions here that wont get answer but at least some players might start question themselves more about the state of this game..

How long do you think players are going to handle this abuse of constant nerfs and you asking for more money while you're already swimming in 50-70 million usd profits?

The league like last were both unrewarding when you "fail" the mechanic aka die or disconnects/crashes/server crashes you name it.
2 Leagues in a row with the same mechanic almost and this one is much much worse regarding risk vs reward philosophy you're trying to sell in every stream dev's show up talking about this league.

Map drops are bugged or nerfed? it's every league the same thing, ultimatum barely gives maps.. for example to get maps on delve = city and even so I'm not sure you have ever fixed the bug where it was giving t1-t9 maps when you were sitting at A9.

I'm sure this week or the next you will nerf the monsters as intented but also the reward will be nerfed as well because now that the mechanic is not super "threatening" players shouldnt get good things either.

The point here, you're nerfing every reward, everything almost decent fun or where players start clearing your game a bit fast every league.. it's gotten to the point that being a Tggg dev is like nerf the hell out of everything every 90 days without remorse but hey I like money so give pls.

Happy for those that still enjoy the game in general but currently between their decisions and nerfs and this launch clearly the direction of this game is not going into the fun direction, clearly. Sucking the fun/enjoy of a video game isnt what video games are all about in the end.. while this game may be edgy in their ways.. there's real people playing behind every screen.
Don't be a poe stan. Use your fucking brain.
The league feels tedious and unrewarding. Doing it for the birb. Guess i'll take a break and re-join to grab the easy remaining challenges for 24 when they fix razor dance, I usually aim for 36, but this league is just boring.
Last edited by Gigibop on Apr 23, 2021, 2:29:11 AM
"
Everything you say here is right i am already started with the league then get bored coz nothing to look up to
"
Kulthanel wrote:
Returned to this thread to add some questions here that wont get answer but at least some players might start question themselves more about the state of this game..

How long do you think players are going to handle this abuse of constant nerfs and you asking for more money while you're already swimming in 50-70 million usd profits?

The league like last were both unrewarding when you "fail" the mechanic aka die or disconnects/crashes/server crashes you name it.
2 Leagues in a row with the same mechanic almost and this one is much much worse regarding risk vs reward philosophy you're trying to sell in every stream dev's show up talking about this league.

Map drops are bugged or nerfed? it's every league the same thing, ultimatum barely gives maps.. for example to get maps on delve = city and even so I'm not sure you have ever fixed the bug where it was giving t1-t9 maps when you were sitting at A9.

I'm sure this week or the next you will nerf the monsters as intented but also the reward will be nerfed as well because now that the mechanic is not super "threatening" players shouldnt get good things either.

The point here, you're nerfing every reward, everything almost decent fun or where players start clearing your game a bit fast every league.. it's gotten to the point that being a Tggg dev is like nerf the hell out of everything every 90 days without remorse but hey I like money so give pls.

Happy for those that still enjoy the game in general but currently between their decisions and nerfs and this launch clearly the direction of this game is not going into the fun direction, clearly. Sucking the fun/enjoy of a video game isnt what video games are all about in the end.. while this game may be edgy in their ways.. there's real people playing behind every screen.
GGG pls ban bots!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info