Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

I did not mind the crashes , just meant that life stuff could happen. Soon as I found out streamers could bypass the queue OMFG did that make me fcking Cranky. Then to top it all off their friends of friends got to skip the queue as well.
WOW GGG just WOW!
Thanks for sharing the insight and I now transferred my frustration to understand.

Just want you and everyone working at GGG to know that not everyone is blaming you for the things happening today, and most of us just felt frustrated as it has never been like this before.

Still love you and your work and the transparency as always, and still glad to buy the MTX when those looks good lol.

Hope the issues will be fixed soon and all the best.
"
"Due to human error, this process was not run and hence the queue was unbearably slow to empty"

The human error - is to not automatize this or not plan properly. Today is 2021. There are tons of tools for testing. Integration testing, various methods of running on virtual clusters, etc... The human error here - is not that someone should've run the specific code. It is to release and develop like it was in 1980-1990.

"
"I'll spare you the blow-by-blow of the hundred changes we have made over the last 12 hours"

Yep, that's the way. Randomly doing stuff in hope that all will be fine. Great practices indeed.

Overall, you need to do something with your development cycle.

And fuck Reddit! I really enjoyed the fact that I could watch my favourite streamers while sitting in queue. Great decision if you ask me.
Wipe - This is the way!
Look, I want PoE to make money, and I want it to succeed. The game is awesome, and honestly you guys deserve to make it.

However, I can't help but feel that this is a bit insulting ... Anyone with half a wit could foresee this would be a issue, and honestly, all you had to do was run it by the community before hand ? a Simple post, ' We want to give promotional streamers a pass on the queue system, in order to ....*list number of legit reasons here* ' , and most people would have been fine with this, or at very least, you would have averted a lot of anger. I think people are not as angry at what you wanted to do, but more at the root problem;

You say you done stress testing, and don't know how this happened...., but we have seen the exact same thing happen in increasing severity league start after league start after league start... So, you can maybe see why we don't honestly believe this anymore ? Perhaps it is different reasons, as you say...last league was the 'database', league before that it was something else... main thing is, what we see happening on our side, is exactly the same thing every single time, it just keep getting worst.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
You would think you would go with your best solution probability first. The hard down time is only very slightly worse (in the short term) than the ratio of loading screen to play we got for the last 10 hours (Probably 4:1) and infinitely better in the long term. Instead of losing 8 hours, we would have lost only the hard patch time.

Its also apparent that the team have no idea how bad it is.
With words like occasional disconnects in their tweets.

I've given up trying to play now, but when I was playing my longest session once I started timing was 2m40s. My average loading time was about 6 mins.
then i hate streamers Kappa
Restart league please
It has to be said...

The fact that your internal testing didn't catch any of this is more evidence for the need for open beta testing. I've seen plenty of speculation about why you guys don't beta test, and most of it has to do with lost monetization as the biggest spending occurs around league launch and you have an incentive to keep people hyped for that.

I don't know if that's true, but I do know that companies that are making MANY TIMES MORE MONEY than ggg still do open beta tests for their online games.

"
"Due to human error, this process was not run and hence the queue was unbearably slow to empty"

The human error - is to not automatize this or not plan properly. Today is 2021. There are tons of tools for testing. Integration testing, various methods of running on virtual clusters, etc... The human error here - is not that someone should've run the specific code. It is to release and develop like it was in 1980-1990.

"
"I'll spare you the blow-by-blow of the hundred changes we have made over the last 12 hours"

Yep, that's the way. Randomly doing stuff in hope that all will be fine. Great practices indeed.

Overall, you need to do something with your development cycle.

And fuck Reddit! I really enjoyed the fact that I could watch my favourite streamers while sitting in queue. Great decision if you ask me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info