Ultimatum Launch: Server Issues and Streamer Priority

For what its worth

I thought I should take the time to express my gratitude for a company being upfront and honest with making a mistake. This in my point of view is huge and deserving of their customers. My only issue with the events that took place at launch where that the streamers were given priority to, “skip the line” so to speak. Honestly that was a major faux pas, however, addressing it and letting the customers know and taking responsibility for it is huge. The servers having problems and people making mistakes happen, it is understandable. The way that you take responsibility and apologize for it makes all the difference in the world.
Yes, I am aware that players that play in the economy have a different point of view, I play almost exclusively SSF, the iron born aspect I find appealing to my play style and I like to see the small details that goes into the environment and characters throughout the game. Although I did notice more than a few players that were complaining using mule accounts . . . Anyways, I also occasionally watch various streamers and yesterday I certainly was channel flipping the poe streams. The streamers that had there loved ones and friends play with them is fine it was just being given priority to skip ahead of everyone in the first place was, at the time, mildly infuriating. That being said, again, being upfront and in a timely fashion is very important and I will be happily continuing my support and passing the word along.
NOTE: I did hear and read a few comments about armor packs being a bit over designed and being somewhat of a designer myself, I was thinking that it would be cool if we could get an armor pack that would light up as we progressed through the game and gained experience. Probably could have an alpha mask being driven by your gradual progress or something. That way your character earns the glowing armor. Just a thought.
QQQ.. I won't do this or I won't do that... I LOVE it!!
Be FAIR! Reset League!
"
LabMonster wrote:
For what its worth

I thought I should take the time to express my gratitude for a company being upfront and honest with making a mistake. This in my point of view is huge and deserving of their customers. My only issue with the events that took place at launch where that the streamers were given priority to, “skip the line” so to speak. Honestly that was a major faux pas, however, addressing it and letting the customers know and taking responsibility for it is huge. The servers having problems and people making mistakes happen, it is understandable. The way that you take responsibility and apologize for it makes all the difference in the world.
Yes, I am aware that players that play in the economy have a different point of view, I play almost exclusively SSF, the iron born aspect I find appealing to my play style and I like to see the small details that goes into the environment and characters throughout the game. Although I did notice more than a few players that were complaining using mule accounts . . . Anyways, I also occasionally watch various streamers and yesterday I certainly was channel flipping the poe streams. The streamers that had there loved ones and friends play with them is fine it was just being given priority to skip ahead of everyone in the first place was, at the time, mildly infuriating. That being said, again, being upfront and in a timely fashion is very important and I will be happily continuing my support and passing the word along.
NOTE: I did hear and read a few comments about armor packs being a bit over designed and being somewhat of a designer myself, I was thinking that it would be cool if we could get an armor pack that would light up as we progressed through the game and gained experience. Probably could have an alpha mask being driven by your gradual progress or something. That way your character earns the glowing armor. Just a thought.

The general consensus has always been that you don't wear any MTX until you reach mapping. Your hobo going through leveling doesn't deserve to look like anything but what he truly is; a homeless boii going around wraeclast like a wretch.

Also, mildly infuriating doesn't quite do it. As a fellow SSFer, I'm certain you can appreciate how there is no race this league anymore. They gave a competitive advantage to streamers and intentional dupers. The only way to redeem this league is with a restart.
I dont know if you all have noticed but streamers have been given priority for the past umteenth launches and dont expect this to change just because they say it will. I have been posting about this preferential treatment that us common folk get for at least the last 5 launches and we will NEVER have a fair shot at launch as long as GGG prioritizes $$$$ over their fanbase and the game, NEVER!!!
Okay it's fixed, so let's have a reset!!
nice to hear that the server issues are fixed. from what little i was able to play yesterday, it seemed like a fun and strong league mechanic and i am looking forward to playing it more.

as for streamer priority, that's a little bit weirdchamp. unless you are literally paying someone to play the game as an advertisement i would not like to see priority queuing again. it creates an unnecessary divide between streamers and viewers that i don't think even the streamers want. it also fuels silly conspiracy theories about streamer rng and streamer clients and whatever.

ty
"
We had arranged to pay for two hours of streaming, and we ran right into a login queue that would take two hours to clear. This was about as close as you could get to literally setting a big pile of money on fire.

Should've taken the first loss.

Now you've burnt even more money chasing it.

- The streamers looked bad & lost viewers
- Your game looked buggy even with queue jumping
- You pissed off many/most of your other customers (and potential customers) who heard about the drama

One gigantic bonfire of intangible asset value.

I could forgive a bad launch, but whichever marketing genius made the streamer call stuffed up worse than the servers.

I hear the servers are up, but for the moment I just don't want to play after all that.
My faith in GGG has already been irreversibly crippled. I had recommended this game to so many friends before league start, and now you guys made me look like an idiot for recommending this mess.

I even took a day off work to be able to play the game properly at league start while simultaneously watching the streamer whose build I was trying to play. Your 10 IQ decisions have made that impossible now. Me and 90% of the playerbase are now several hours behind streamers + the small % of masochists who somehow pushed through the constant DCs and made it to maps (or maybe they got lucky and did not get kicked out at all. I did see some streams of people playing as much as 20 minutes without a dc). This does not affect SSF, but trade league is ruined.

Pog

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info