Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.14

Kinda hard to get going for me, but it's a pretty nice build so far.

The only real change I made was using Power Siphon instead of Kinetic Blast, because I found a Vaal version of PS.

And it feels much more 'solid' as well, plus it hits more enemies so more curses :)
Hey

i just want to thank you for your build.
ive been playing POE on and of for a few years but always to have like 2 weeks of fun, never came past act 9. because i wanted to give it another try i thought "this time you dont just build your own character and die every few minutes in act 9, and use a guide"

some random german webpage suggestes this "slomo gunslinger" and i thought: that sounds like fun!
so i leveled up using zombies and skelletons and bought myself a tabula (first time using the trade funktion) and started acquiring everything i need for your build.. and oh my god, this game is so much fun. im currently level 83 and have A LOT of fun theorycrafting myself: how do i have enough resistances, mana etc. i looted a [darkness enthroned stygian vise] which made my build so much better and its so much fun finding all these nuances in the game that i didnt even knew existed. first time endgame so to say. because im having so much fun with you build and progessing this far, i even bought microtransactions for the stashes, GGG deserves that.

ill say it, last time having this much fun with a game and thinking about theorycrafting laying in bed was like WoW wrath of the lich king for me.

also, i cant handle too complex playstyles because of a condition.
so THANK YOU DUDEEEE, its such a great guide <3

(sorry for english if there is something wrong)
(also your filters are amazing)
Last edited by Tizhu1 on Apr 28, 2021, 6:42:19 AM
first of all, thx for teh build.

it's my first minion based build ever, and while it's fun to play, it's untortunatelly one of the weakest builds i ever tried; the damage output is rather mediocre and beacausse witch-based builds are seldom good "facetankers" it's rather squishy, which is not that suitable for ultimatum trials, where there is a bunch of agressive monsters in small area chasing you (and your minions).

i have to admit, my witch is just around lvl50, somwhere at the end of act 5, so i don't have the triple-curses setup up and running, but so far enfeeble & temporal chains are not as effective as i expected.

a note: purchasing cwdt in act4 from petarus&vanja gives you cwdt lvl5 (!) ..we want one of the two cwdt to be lvl2....
Do you have any advice, gear wise, to push the damage on this build?
so why would you restrict the levels on the gems in the Offering-Item?
because of req? because the other CwDT has no restriction, why the other one only level 2?

edit: oh i get it, the CwDT triggers at a lower damage taken if lower level
Last edited by Tizhu1 on Apr 29, 2021, 5:39:27 AM
So I just want to post how I am doing with the build so far and send a big thank you to Wrecker of Days for the guide.

This is my league starter and I am currently lvl 93 and doing T16 maps and full clearing Ultimatums.

This build is a bit of a slow burner. It takes awhile until it gets to a comfortable stage. Early on the major breakpoints for me were getting spellslinger in act 3, then around act 6 when I got all the 4 links and gems I needed, and then near end of campaign once spellslinger was at least 17 so I could run blasphemy, plus the 3 ascendecies.

Once I was in maps and had some basic rares it was smooth stress free gaming from then on. This build kills map bosses and conquerors easy, clear is decent with the profane bloom. It just gets stronger every level and each ascendancy is a big boost in power.

In early maps I got lucky and had a medium minion life cluster drop that I threw some alts at to get Blessed Rebirth, highly recommend that notable. I also switched Purifying flame with Void Sphere early in maps as well which helps a lot with Ultimatums. Also make sure you get Unwavering Stance, I took it late and getting stunned in Ultimatums is death. :)

Overall been super fun, and one of the easiest builds I have played. Basically just run around hitting my attack button every couple seconds to keep things refreshed.

Anyone wants some gear and gem ideas you can check my character, Anniewea, by clicking my profile.

I just realized the website does not show cluster jewels. Here is a PoB pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/UJJzEVJW

Last edited by Artophwar on Apr 29, 2021, 2:57:35 PM
I've been having a lot of fun with this build, but as I'm reaching yellow maps I'm finding that sometimes I get straight up one shot. I'm not sure if this is a me issue or a problem with my build, can anyone give some advice? I'm playing with an aurabot so my resistances are actually overcapped usually.

I haven't gotten unwavering stance, but I'm pretty sure I'm not dying due to stuns. One second my health is full, and the next I'm dead.

What triggers the Holy Relic?
Happy Friday everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying 3.14. I'm hoping to get some PoE time in this weekend! I'm hoping!

"
Splutty wrote:
Spoiler
Kinda hard to get going for me, but it's a pretty nice build so far.

The only real change I made was using Power Siphon instead of Kinetic Blast, because I found a Vaal version of PS.

And it feels much more 'solid' as well, plus it hits more enemies so more curses :)
Hey Splutty!

I'm glad the build started to pick up for you. Good call on Power Siphon! The Vaal version is wicked.

"
Tizhu1 wrote:
Spoiler
Hey

i just want to thank you for your build.
ive been playing POE on and of for a few years but always to have like 2 weeks of fun, never came past act 9. because i wanted to give it another try i thought "this time you dont just build your own character and die every few minutes in act 9, and use a guide"

some random german webpage suggestes this "slomo gunslinger" and i thought: that sounds like fun!
so i leveled up using zombies and skelletons and bought myself a tabula (first time using the trade funktion) and started acquiring everything i need for your build.. and oh my god, this game is so much fun. im currently level 83 and have A LOT of fun theorycrafting myself: how do i have enough resistances, mana etc. i looted a [darkness enthroned stygian vise] which made my build so much better and its so much fun finding all these nuances in the game that i didnt even knew existed. first time endgame so to say. because im having so much fun with you build and progessing this far, i even bought microtransactions for the stashes, GGG deserves that.

ill say it, last time having this much fun with a game and thinking about theorycrafting laying in bed was like WoW wrath of the lich king for me.

also, i cant handle too complex playstyles because of a condition.
so THANK YOU DUDEEEE, its such a great guide <3

(sorry for english if there is something wrong)
(also your filters are amazing)
"
Tizhu1 wrote:
Spoiler
so why would you restrict the levels on the gems in the Offering-Item?
because of req? because the other CwDT has no restriction, why the other one only level 2?

edit: oh i get it, the CwDT triggers at a lower damage taken if lower level
Thanks Tizhu1!

I'm so glad you're having fun. PoE is such a great game and has sooooo much to explore and tinker with. I really appreciate the time you took to pass on your encouragement and excitement. It's cool to hear all of the new things you got to experience and are enjoying :). So thank you very much! (And a special thanks for the filter thanks too ;).) There's nothing like going to bed with PoE on the brain...hahaha!

Also, good call on the stash tabs too. They are worth it for sure.

And your English is great! Good job. Thanks for your kind post.

(Oh! And good job figuring out the CwDT question!)

"
cypeak wrote:
Spoiler
first of all, thx for teh build.

it's my first minion based build ever, and while it's fun to play, it's untortunatelly one of the weakest builds i ever tried; the damage output is rather mediocre and beacausse witch-based builds are seldom good "facetankers" it's rather squishy, which is not that suitable for ultimatum trials, where there is a bunch of agressive monsters in small area chasing you (and your minions).

i have to admit, my witch is just around lvl50, somwhere at the end of act 5, so i don't have the triple-curses setup up and running, but so far enfeeble & temporal chains are not as effective as i expected.

a note: purchasing cwdt in act4 from petarus&vanja gives you cwdt lvl5 (!) ..we want one of the two cwdt to be lvl2....
Thanks for the thanks cypeak. Sorry you're not enjoying the levelling process.

It is a little slow of a build to setup but it is a build that gets stronger as you progress and the curse efficiency really adds up, along with being fully ascended. So it does pay off for sure, but only if you're enjoying the process to get there as well.

I can see this build being a pain for sure Ultimatum encounters. This league doesn't cater well to balanced builds. It's either Tank or Pure Damage, which is too bad.

In regards to CwDT being sold in Act 4, the gem level is based on your character level. So if you're a little over levelled, the gem will be too. So you can buy level 1 gems from Siosa or Lilly.

"
Netorawr wrote:
Spoiler
Do you have any advice, gear wise, to push the damage on this build?
Hey Netorawr!

Using two Convoking wands would be easy enough. You can use Essence of Fear on them to get some sort of minion offence on them. I always prefer minion damage.

Hunter (and another, I forgot which one) influenced items can have mods that increase the amount of chaos damage nearby enemies take.

A nicely rolled Bone Helmet is a nice obvious addition.

Increasing the level of the AW gem and its supports. Increasing the gem level of minion or physical skills are the more common ones.

Just a few ideas there for you.

"
Artophwar wrote:
Spoiler
So I just want to post how I am doing with the build so far and send a big thank you to Wrecker of Days for the guide.

This is my league starter and I am currently lvl 93 and doing T16 maps and full clearing Ultimatums.

This build is a bit of a slow burner. It takes awhile until it gets to a comfortable stage. Early on the major breakpoints for me were getting spellslinger in act 3, then around act 6 when I got all the 4 links and gems I needed, and then near end of campaign once spellslinger was at least 17 so I could run blasphemy, plus the 3 ascendecies.

Once I was in maps and had some basic rares it was smooth stress free gaming from then on. This build kills map bosses and conquerors easy, clear is decent with the profane bloom. It just gets stronger every level and each ascendancy is a big boost in power.

In early maps I got lucky and had a medium minion life cluster drop that I threw some alts at to get Blessed Rebirth, highly recommend that notable. I also switched Purifying flame with Void Sphere early in maps as well which helps a lot with Ultimatums. Also make sure you get Unwavering Stance, I took it late and getting stunned in Ultimatums is death. :)

Overall been super fun, and one of the easiest builds I have played. Basically just run around hitting my attack button every couple seconds to keep things refreshed.

Anyone wants some gear and gem ideas you can check my character, Anniewea, by clicking my profile.

I just realized the website does not show cluster jewels. Here is a PoB pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/UJJzEVJW
Thanks Artophwar!

That's great feedback! Obviously, for me, it's nice that the feedback was positive, but that was some good detail to help others and the guide out. I'm glad the build is working for you as advertised and I think you have done an awesome job with it. Great changes for Ultimatum. Thanks for the feedback. It was helpful to both myself and others for sure.

"
InquisitorXun wrote:
Spoiler
I've been having a lot of fun with this build, but as I'm reaching yellow maps I'm finding that sometimes I get straight up one shot. I'm not sure if this is a me issue or a problem with my build, can anyone give some advice? I'm playing with an aurabot so my resistances are actually overcapped usually.

I haven't gotten unwavering stance, but I'm pretty sure I'm not dying due to stuns. One second my health is full, and the next I'm dead.

Hey InquisitorXun!

I'm glad it's been fun. It's cool to play with an aura bot!

One-shots may happen from uncursed enemies. Our major defence is our curses. The more people you play with, the harder it is to see the screen and what you've impacted. So movement will always be key if you're playing co-op.

In terms of gear advice, you have some amazing gear, and some mediocre gear. Obviously your helmet and chest are really nice. The rest can use better life rolls for sure. You didn't include your Amulet and Rings (unless I missed them. Resists are easy to make up on rings and belts so definitely make sure to max your Fire resistance too, even though you're running with an aura bot. You never know when you may be out of range for just a moment. Also, fully ascending will be a big help. The extra Chaos Resists will really help as chaos damage is in a surprising amount of places.

Also, don't forget to pick pantheon choices that suit your playstyle. Physical damage mitigation is a big help.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

"
niceeyeman wrote:
Spoiler
What triggers the Holy Relic?
Hey niceeyeman!

Your wand attack's hits proc Holy Relic's perks.

Sweet. Thanks, everyone! There was a mix of frustration and praise in the replies today; all good questions too. Hopefully, everyone's posts are noticed by each other and help us make the tweaks we need to get over whatever hurdle we're at.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! Have a great weekend and I'll see you Tuesday :).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi Wrecker,
I wonder if I am doing the Desecrate/Offering wrong. Does it have a visual effect or sg that shows it's happening? I know my CWDT works, because Withering Step does get triggered, however I have not paid much attention to the Desecrate/Offering part until now. Can you please check my gem setup if it is correct?
Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info