Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.14

Just finished Act I. Here is my extremely lazy setup. Not recommended for anyone; strongly suggest you at least get some cold resistance.

Gear

Yes, I'm leveling with Purifying Flame. Yes, it takes forever.

EDIT: Finished Act II. Cannot possibly recommend my particular setup less; get some actual defenses instead of doing my lazy approach. I did switch to Kinetic Bolt and that's a much better time than Purifying Flame.

Gear
Last edited by fallintolife on May 1, 2021, 2:38:01 PM
so, here i am again. :)

i finished act 10 few hours ago.
after "profane bloom" was available and 1-2 supercheap trades (except for the convoking wand, that was around 40-50 chaos..), this build performed a bit smoother; and with "malediction" and the third curse up and running, "regular" story content was easy peasy.
ultimatum trials however are still pain in the a**!

the accesoires gear (belt, rings, amulets, flasks, jewels) i used till mow, were regular loot drops - ultimatum loot was, except for few chaos orbs here and there, pure crap so far..

gear somewhere before end of act10

usually i start trading for better gear after kitava is down in act 10, basically to fill the ressistances gap and get rid of the weak gear parts. (i basically have to replace at least the amulet, rings, belt, boots and gloves now..maybe also the helmet..)
otherwise i don't think this will do far enough in the atlas.

question: does it make sense to go for evasion based armor types? once we go for "unwavering stance", we can't evade hits anyway. so in my opinion stacking ES and AR would make more sense.

the build is still fun to play, but it definetely needs kind of extra defensive layer, beacause in crowded situations it is still a bit squishy. but i'm really curios how it is going to perform with better gear and other two ascendancy notables...

btw: what amulet anointment would be the one to go for??
"
Artophwar wrote:
So I just want to post how I am doing with the build so far and send a big thank you to Wrecker of Days for the guide.

This is my league starter and I am currently lvl 93 and doing T16 maps and full clearing Ultimatums.

This build is a bit of a slow burner. It takes awhile until it gets to a comfortable stage. Early on the major breakpoints for me were getting spellslinger in act 3, then around act 6 when I got all the 4 links and gems I needed, and then near end of campaign once spellslinger was at least 17 so I could run blasphemy, plus the 3 ascendecies.

Once I was in maps and had some basic rares it was smooth stress free gaming from then on. This build kills map bosses and conquerors easy, clear is decent with the profane bloom. It just gets stronger every level and each ascendancy is a big boost in power.

In early maps I got lucky and had a medium minion life cluster drop that I threw some alts at to get Blessed Rebirth, highly recommend that notable. I also switched Purifying flame with Void Sphere early in maps as well which helps a lot with Ultimatums. Also make sure you get Unwavering Stance, I took it late and getting stunned in Ultimatums is death. :)

Overall been super fun, and one of the easiest builds I have played. Basically just run around hitting my attack button every couple seconds to keep things refreshed.

Anyone wants some gear and gem ideas you can check my character, Anniewea, by clicking my profile.

I just realized the website does not show cluster jewels. Here is a PoB pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/UJJzEVJW

Hey thank you so much for sharing a later game POB. I switched to a trigger craft on the want, and find that works a lot better. The Carrion Golem also seems to help with the damage output.

One question, the cluster jewels are they worth it? You have about 5-6ex worth of jewels, and as someone who would like to get to 91+ and doesn't have any ex yet, what do you think would be good bang-for-the-buck? Appreciate any feedback on my build so far.
Hi Wrecker,

just here to express my thanks for the build :)

I`ve made it to lvl 82 so far and didn't really face much problems.

Just (got) killed by the first conquerer - Baran. He simply slaughtered my minions, so I couldn't really do much besides running away. Somehow he went down with my 6th portal, but still managed to kill me.

Guess I am still at the crappy gear stage ;)
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for your guides.

I have just recently emigrated from a PS4 pro (used to post under RiverGenie) to an Xbox Series S. Figured I would break in my Xbox poe with one of your builds much like I did on the PS4.

Sadly I had to stop using your guides for the PS4 pro as it just couldn't cope with all the minions as the league's got progressively busier. Also mapping was hit and miss for much the same reason so progress was slow on that front too no matter the build.

Early days for the Series S but it's been buttery smooth so far and good lord the level loading is FAST! barely have time to sip my coffee. Hopefully that continues going into maps and I can actually get to see some of the new stuff that got added.

Only downside to the Xbox transition is not having any stash tabs or cosmetics but I will build that up again over time I expect.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Last edited by BalsBigBrother on May 2, 2021, 3:21:30 PM
Just finished Act3. Finally getting Bladefall online was an absolute game-changer, and I'm looking forward to L38 for Hextouch and CWDT. It's been a pain getting the required dexterity for everything, but I eventually just grabbed an amulet with +to all attributes. It's working well so far.

"
hp1 wrote:

Hey thank you so much for sharing a later game POB. I switched to a trigger craft on the want, and find that works a lot better. The Carrion Golem also seems to help with the damage output.

One question, the cluster jewels are they worth it? You have about 5-6ex worth of jewels, and as someone who would like to get to 91+ and doesn't have any ex yet, what do you think would be good bang-for-the-buck? Appreciate any feedback on my build so far.

So I worked up to those jewels. I used a 6 passive medium jewel with Blessed Rebirth and 11 passive large jewel with only 2 notables for a bit. Those will be a lot cheaper and you dont have to use every passive slot on them, just the important passives to start to save on skill points.

The key notables are Blessed Rebirth on the medium minion life, and Renewal plus Call of the Slaughter on the Large Minion Damage Cluster. You can get those on jewels for about 10-30 chaos each. I found them to be big upgrades

The Life from death notable and the Curse cluster are nice to have later.

One thing I could see for your character it getting the Golem and Holy Relic setup in a new Bone Helmet with +Minion Level.

i just started mapping.
well..it's kinda disappointing, because it feels like back then when i started one of my very first characters (templar with glacial cascade something..) without having any clue about poe mechanics - no need to say that build failed horribly on tier 2-3 maps...
while it's actually not that bad, this build feels...weak...weak in terms of dmg output and it's not the tankiest one too. more than 2-3 rounds in ultimatum trials are hardly possible before i have to start running from mobs and my AW's start dying very quickly.

i know my gear is nothing special and far from top notch, but tbh i expected much more at this point.
dunno..maybe i'm just missing somethig important.

(everyone feel free to check out my build/gear for major flaws i may have missed - it'd be great to have some usefull feedback...)

(note: i'm going to buy a "rumi's concoction" flask next...)

edit: just out of curiosity; since we're going for a multicurse setup, does an amulet like below make any sense??

Last edited by cypeak on May 3, 2021, 5:30:55 AM
Finished Act IV by the skin of my teeth. My setup is absolutely brutal to single targets, and white/blue mobs melt in the face of Bladefall. I'm going to have some problems with my defenses in Act V if I don't update them, but that's my fault and not the fault of the build. Enjoying it so far!
Howdy y'all ;). I'm sorry but I have to whip through responses today. I'm quite behind on all of the important things in life today, so I'll have to be quick. Thorough, but quick.

"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,
I wonder if I am doing the Desecrate/Offering wrong. Does it have a visual effect or sg that shows it's happening? I know my CWDT works, because Withering Step does get triggered, however I have not paid much attention to the Desecrate/Offering part until now. Can you please check my gem setup if it is correct?
Thank you.
Hi huoc!

Your setup looks fine. I don't see anything that interrupts with the system. All the gems are at the right level. Desecrate is almost impossible to see cause it looks like the rest of the map but the offering appears above your head like a small floating ghost. At this mark of the example video you can see the blue offering appear overhead. It won't be on constantly however as we are a ranged build. But it'll show up whever we get it.

"
cypeak wrote:
Spoiler
so, here i am again. :)

i finished act 10 few hours ago.
after "profane bloom" was available and 1-2 supercheap trades (except for the convoking wand, that was around 40-50 chaos..), this build performed a bit smoother; and with "malediction" and the third curse up and running, "regular" story content was easy peasy.
ultimatum trials however are still pain in the a**!

the accesoires gear (belt, rings, amulets, flasks, jewels) i used till mow, were regular loot drops - ultimatum loot was, except for few chaos orbs here and there, pure crap so far..

gear somewhere before end of act10

usually i start trading for better gear after kitava is down in act 10, basically to fill the ressistances gap and get rid of the weak gear parts. (i basically have to replace at least the amulet, rings, belt, boots and gloves now..maybe also the helmet..)
otherwise i don't think this will do far enough in the atlas.

question: does it make sense to go for evasion based armor types? once we go for "unwavering stance", we can't evade hits anyway. so in my opinion stacking ES and AR would make more sense.

the build is still fun to play, but it definetely needs kind of extra defensive layer, beacause in crowded situations it is still a bit squishy. but i'm really curios how it is going to perform with better gear and other two ascendancy notables...

btw: what amulet anointment would be the one to go for??

"
cypeak wrote:
Spoiler
i just started mapping.
well..it's kinda disappointing, because it feels like back then when i started one of my very first characters (templar with glacial cascade something..) without having any clue about poe mechanics - no need to say that build failed horribly on tier 2-3 maps...
while it's actually not that bad, this build feels...weak...weak in terms of dmg output and it's not the tankiest one too. more than 2-3 rounds in ultimatum trials are hardly possible before i have to start running from mobs and my AW's start dying very quickly.

i know my gear is nothing special and far from top notch, but tbh i expected much more at this point.
dunno..maybe i'm just missing somethig important.

(everyone feel free to check out my build/gear for major flaws i may have missed - it'd be great to have some usefull feedback...)

(note: i'm going to buy a "rumi's concoction" flask next...)

edit: just out of curiosity; since we're going for a multicurse setup, does an amulet like below make any sense??

Hey cypeak!

Thanks for the feedback.

To answer your question, ya, ES and AR would make more sense as a minor focus than Evasion. Evasion is wasted on us because of Unwavering Stance. We don't have much investment into either of the other defensive layers though, so don't put too much currency into min/maxing there.

For notables, I like Serpentine Spellslinger. It's a nice damage boost that takes care of all of its own requirements. Lots of nodes would work well though. But I like the cost of the one I mentioned.

In terms of expectations, you'll definitely want to get your third and fourth ascendancies. The build isn't a tank at all. Expect a "range caster" of sorts. But you'll find fully ascending any build a game-changer for sure. You've also chosen a lot of gear that has very little or no life rolls on it. Obviously you're at the mercy of RNG, but if you can replace what you have with life rolls, you'd see a big difference. I'd take a 5L with life over a 6L without life any day.

Hopefully that helps a bit.

"
ziceta wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,

just here to express my thanks for the build :)

I`ve made it to lvl 82 so far and didn't really face much problems.

Just (got) killed by the first conquerer - Baran. He simply slaughtered my minions, so I couldn't really do much besides running away. Somehow he went down with my 6th portal, but still managed to kill me.

Guess I am still at the crappy gear stage ;)
Thanks ziceta!

That's very kind of you :). I'm glad you're liking the build and having a good time with it. Thanks for making time for the kind words :).

Having low-life minions has it's cons for sure. Some of the battles I find I just move to somewhere safe, and cast. Move somewhere safe, and cast. I just keep doing it ignoring how many minions I have summoned. Sometimes the same boss can roll a bunch of offence that's harsh, and then later that same boss will be a breeze. I play this build that way. But I by no means play on Hardcore either ;).

"
Spoiler
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for your guides.

I have just recently emigrated from a PS4 pro (used to post under RiverGenie) to an Xbox Series S. Figured I would break in my Xbox poe with one of your builds much like I did on the PS4.

Sadly I had to stop using your guides for the PS4 pro as it just couldn't cope with all the minions as the league's got progressively busier. Also mapping was hit and miss for much the same reason so progress was slow on that front too no matter the build.

Early days for the Series S but it's been buttery smooth so far and good lord the level loading is FAST! barely have time to sip my coffee. Hopefully that continues going into maps and I can actually get to see some of the new stuff that got added.

Only downside to the Xbox transition is not having any stash tabs or cosmetics but I will build that up again over time I expect.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.
Hey BalsBigBrother!

Nice to see you! Thanks for taking the time to be so kind. I really appreciate it.

I played the least amount of time I've ever played in a league during 3.13 because the performance was so bad. I Xbox couldn't handle the basics. Though I find 3.14 still below the performance bar that any company should be comfortable with, I LOVE 3.14 compared to 3.13. It's a night and day difference.

I'm excited to one day get a series X. I'm glad to hear that it runs so well! Please keep me updated so that my expectations aren't crushed when I finally upgrade ;)

I'm glad the build is running well for you and again, thanks for the encouragement. :)

"
fallintolife wrote:
Spoiler
Finished Act IV by the skin of my teeth. My setup is absolutely brutal to single targets, and white/blue mobs melt in the face of Bladefall. I'm going to have some problems with my defenses in Act V if I don't update them, but that's my fault and not the fault of the build. Enjoying it so far!
Hey fallintolife!

Sometimes RNG just wants to slap us around a little bit ;). Good job hanging in there! This build is a slow starter but it really does pick up and get stronger and stronger. If you like the idea of it, it gets more efficient for sure. Sorry it's been a slow slog for you so far. But thanks for your honest posts and kind words. Ask anything you like!

Sorry I had to answer short and sweet today folks. I read all the posts well and am considering them for sure but I only responded to the posts asking something of me. It's important when you're obsessed with your hobby to remember that everything in real life is more important than the hobby :). So today was a short and sweet guide day. I'll see you all on Friday! You're all awesome.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info