Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.14

A unique suggestion tab would be pretty cool.
What I dont understand : I created a witch at league start. I am in Act 1, but none of the skills required for this build are available. So there is no way for me to even bein with following this build. How is that supposed to work ?

The only skill I got was Fireball, so thats what I am forced to use. I die a lot and its quite frusttrating.
"
Asinoeh wrote:
Would it also be an option to automate the Desecrate/Spirit Offering combo with the "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft?

Is that one not mentioned because the craft is not that trivial to get, or because I am missing something?

It's from the Syndicate, just gotta grind that more. You could do that combo, but then you'd have to figure out what to add to your Bladefall link (IIR is always an option, given the culling already). The other problem could be mana usage if you push the levels after dropping CWDT.
Hey all! I hope everyone is well no matter how your league start has gone. Hopefully PoE has settled down for you.

"
crazy10101 wrote:
Spoiler
If I want to replace the golem and relic CWDT, I'm assuming Minion Speed would be the way to go? More hits = more Frenzy.
Hey crazy10101!

Feeding Frenzy Support needs a MINION to HIT to have a chance at the Feeding Frenzy buff to be activated. So make sure you have a minion in that link with Feeding Frenzy in there. If I misunderstood you, and you are keeping a minion there, ya, increasing the rate with which the "feeding frenzy minion" hits is a great guarantee for the buff to be on. Check out the example video when you can and see if the buff is on enough for your liking.

"
Shelobb wrote:
Spoiler
@Wrecker_of_Days Can you suggest unique items for this build please?
"
Spoiler
A unique suggestion tab would be pretty cool.
Hey Shelobb and stojan444!

I have bad news. I actually don't care about unique items at all in PoE. Rares and crafting just excite me too much in this game. So I don't even pay attention to new uniques or changes to them in the patch notes. Sorry.

An old-school favourite of mine is the Iron Staff...what's it called...Dying Breath I think? It had some good Curse perks. I'd probably search for cool curse uniques if I was to go looking around.

Sorry for the bad news. I'll likely add something specific in the guide about this, but it won't include suggestions...maybe it'll include a few ideas as to tags to search for? I'll add it in the next couple of weeks. But sorry for the non-answer.

"
Slayerchen wrote:
Spoiler
Hey, what about adding Summon Phantasm to the main skill for one other Gem?
I love it Slayerchen! Great idea! The only thing to consider is the pros and cons of splitting your damage up between more sources. The fewer minions you have, the more concentrated your damage is in a pack of enemies. The more you have, the less damage you do to a group but you'll have way more single target if there are no other mobs (like the Crusaders). I go back and forth. It's fun to add sometimes.

"
Asinoeh wrote:
Spoiler
Would it also be an option to automate the Desecrate/Spirit Offering combo with the "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft?

Is that one not mentioned because the craft is not that trivial to get, or because I am missing something?
Hey Asinoeh!

Ya, that's a great addition to the build that can really save you some gem slots if you go that route. It's not in the guide because it's not required. Many followers used that method, last league, with this build and really liked the freedom it gave them to add more to the build. Good call!

"
MorGoth___ wrote:
Spoiler
What I dont understand : I created a witch at league start. I am in Act 1, but none of the skills required for this build are available. So there is no way for me to even bein with following this build. How is that supposed to work ?

The only skill I got was Fireball, so thats what I am forced to use. I die a lot and its quite frusttrating.
Hey MorGoth___!

Sorry for your frustration. Not all gems are given as quest rewards. Some are unlocked at certain quest stages but not presented to you. Animate Weapon is purchasable from Nessa in Act 1. If you go to the levelling section of the guide, within it there's a drop-down list showing when this guide's gems unlock. I've included as well if they are given as we reward or if they need to be purchased.

Hopefully that helps?

So hang on, did I actually have a Shelob and Morgoth both post something?! That's some epic Lord of the Rings stuff right there. THE BEST! If you love LoTR, I love you. (I love you if you don't too ;).) Thanks everyone! You're all awesome. I'll see you on Tuesday!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
I tried your build yesterday, but I was having serious problems in the Ultimatum challenges. The Animated Weapons died, and resummoning them was a major pain, especially since Kinetic Blast is an attack, not a spell, we have no attack speed whatsoever, and it takes at least two attacks to resummon one blade. That means standing still for a comparatively long time.

Just out of curiosity I switched over to melee skeletons (I had branched towards Sovereignty first, so the tree was still suitable for both), and that went notably smoother.

Now this was in early Act 4 before the first trial, so I am wondering if it just takes more time for this build to come into its own, if I just played it wrong, or if a 'regular' skeleton necromancer is just stronger once you are willing to drop the one-button restriction.
Hi, just wanted to point out that the Summon Holy Relic is not in the gem list guide on where to get it. :)
I'm finding the same problem as Asinoeh at level 50. I love my blades, but they seem to die to a stiff wind. Any tips?
So I know it says that only minion damage affects minions, but was wondering if for example Lightning Damage to Spells works with the Animate Weapon??

I have some random added damage to spells on my gear and it shows up in the game stats screen for AW. https://imgur.com/a/QAKleMt

Is the game wrong? I know the in game info is pretty bad for minions.
Last edited by Artophwar on Apr 18, 2021, 4:40:59 PM
First of all, thank you for this amazing and complete guide. That's probably at the same level or even better than 30 minutes vid' !

I needed a few douzens of level to understand how to play this build (brainlets you know) and I finally realized that I HAD TO activate both Spellslinger + a wand projectile spell to get my AW functional. That aside I'm just going brrrrr at every boss feels good and that's a change of peace compared to TR Trickster.

Not gonna hide that the beginning (pre-act 3) was a nightmare : no spellslinger to help me and only SRS + Skeleton against bandits felt horrible. But once you overcome this trial, oh man.

Tho... biggest problem isn't bossing, it's going very smooth tbh, it's more ultimatum. Likes others said, blades die super fast and mobs just rush at you. I'm also around level 50-55 (end of act 7) and still haven't got all my 3 curses. I put Enfeeble at the top of priority list to avoid getting wrecked but that doesn't improve much.
Spoiler
And that also because the trialmaster thinks I'm a brainded and rubs it into my face everytime

So my question is going to be the same : By the time I'll have complete link with all 3 curses working, will the build improves and shines ? I'm just playing it badly, because this is my 2nd league and roughly ~20 days playing ? Or is the build too squishy to fight off Ultimatum ?

In the end, I don't want you to get it wrong, still amazing build, and whatever happens I'll still play it until the end (of this league ?) because I just love it, that's super genius to use Spellslinger x2 with AW and BF. Thanks again for all this hard work !
"
Astorede wrote:
Spoiler
First of all, thank you for this amazing and complete guide. That's probably at the same level or even better than 30 minutes vid' !

I needed a few douzens of level to understand how to play this build (brainlets you know) and I finally realized that I HAD TO activate both Spellslinger + a wand projectile spell to get my AW functional. That aside I'm just going brrrrr at every boss feels good and that's a change of peace compared to TR Trickster.

Not gonna hide that the beginning (pre-act 3) was a nightmare : no spellslinger to help me and only SRS + Skeleton against bandits felt horrible. But once you overcome this trial, oh man.

Tho... biggest problem isn't bossing, it's going very smooth tbh, it's more ultimatum. Likes others said, blades die super fast and mobs just rush at you. I'm also around level 50-55 (end of act 7) and still haven't got all my 3 curses. I put Enfeeble at the top of priority list to avoid getting wrecked but that doesn't improve much.
Spoiler
And that also because the trialmaster thinks I'm a brainded and rubs it into my face everytime

So my question is going to be the same : By the time I'll have complete link with all 3 curses working, will the build improves and shines ? I'm just playing it badly, because this is my 2nd league and roughly ~20 days playing ? Or is the build too squishy to fight off Ultimatum ?

In the end, I don't want you to get it wrong, still amazing build, and whatever happens I'll still play it until the end (of this league ?) because I just love it, that's super genius to use Spellslinger x2 with AW and BF. Thanks again for all this hard work !

For me the build has been a slower ramp up than others I have played. First 4 acts are a bit rough until you can start getting all the links setup.

I will say that I focused a bit more on the minion life and res before my own life and I have completed quite a few max waves ultimatums while leveling. Currently in Act 9.

Also having a bit of my own attack speed helps smooth out the respawning of the minions. I plan on getting Blessed Rebirth on a cluster jewel, which makes minions immune to damage for 4 secs after spawning, to help with their survivability. https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Passive_Skill:Affliction~notable~blessed~rebirth

The build definitely shines as a boss killer, with slower clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info