New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Ultimatum

what exactly does "cruelty" do from the new support gem? [2]
May peace be with you, exile.
Wait.... what happened to the aoe nerf on toxic rain? Or is that just not on this because it’s a mechanic change and not neccessarily a skill gem change? Same with carrion golems actually?
noice
cruelty gem applying cruelty, well well
Important Clarification Question on Cruelty:
There appears to be conflicting wording. In the patch notes text

"You also gain a Cruelty buff, which makes all supported skills deal up to 50% more damage over time, based on the amount of damage of the initial hit."

This suggests that in works similar to me to inspiration (cruelty caused by one skill will affect other skills, but only those also affected by cruelty).

However, the wording of the gem does not arouse that same distinction (just says it gives the cruelty buff).

Can this be clarified? Also, the skill gem in no way says the cruelty buff is modified by the strength of the hit that generates it. Is this still the case or has that changed?
what does cruelty do? the gem doesn't say
Disappointed that Lifetap tops out at 29% but it would be extremely good as a 40% support so I understand it.

Any extremely fast hitting skill + Corrupting Fever seems good? 3,354 base phys DoT. Low duration means stuff like storm brand and orb of storms probably won't be hitting often enough to sustain it on its own.
Lame, added trigger restriction to reap charges without saying anything. Boring. No one wants to self cast a spell that slow anyway.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
"
Corrupting feaver ( 335.4 * 10 ) + Reap (1465.1 * 5* 1.15) = 3354+8425 = 11 779 Dot damage per second on 2 skills no links? I'm in that it's a lot of base flat Damage over time for no link.

That's not how the math works, it's like this:

Corrupting fever (335.4 * 10) + Reap (1465.1 * (1 + (5 * 0.15)) = 5917.9

The 15% more damage from reap is additive for reap internally, so when you have 5 stacks on reap it's not 1.15 * 1.15 * 1.15 * 1.15 * 1.15 *, but 1.75 * 1465.1.

So Corrupting fever + Reap = 5917.9 base dot dps, which is still strong.
booo :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info