(3.16) NERFED DO NOT PLAY THIS Raider Archmage BF/BB [CHEAP, Tanky, HCSSF viable, (100m+ dps)

I'll league start this in a small private league. I prefer CA/TR for leveling tho so i went with Aspect of Eagle/Lynx, Master Fletcher, Hunter's Gambit and Toxic Strikes for damage notes. We'll see how fast i can make the switch to archmage, depending on gear.
"
Zonktastic wrote:
I'll league start this in a small private league. I prefer CA/TR for leveling tho so i went with Aspect of Eagle/Lynx, Master Fletcher, Hunter's Gambit and Toxic Strikes for damage notes. We'll see how fast i can make the switch to archmage, depending on gear.

It's a lot of fun, hope you enjoy!
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:

Keep in mind those are gauntlet bosses, so the hits are coming in a LOT harder than they would be typically. He also had a general lack of mana regen compared to the PoB iterations we're running. At the mid game gear set we're regening 1500 life while only losing 259 mana per second while agnostic is ticking so you won't notice near that amount of mana stress compared to what is seen in the videos.

Yea its the "losing mana while agnostic is ticking" part that had me worried. I guess im used to archmage cremation necro where mana is still going up while agnostic is doing work
Hey i was wondering how about sceptre with +1 physical , or do we not stack level of blade blast?
"
haniii11 wrote:
Hey i was wondering how about sceptre with +1 physical , or do we not stack level of blade blast?

Almost all of the damage comes from archmage, so gem-level does not do much in those kind of builds.
Thx so much for the guide! Was considering Raider as a league starter but I am not sure which route to (CA or TR). This just opened up a new possibility in case things do not work out as intended with TR :) looking very forward to it, first Raider of mine! Speed-train, here I come!<3
"
Celdro wrote:
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:

Keep in mind those are gauntlet bosses, so the hits are coming in a LOT harder than they would be typically. He also had a general lack of mana regen compared to the PoB iterations we're running. At the mid game gear set we're regening 1500 life while only losing 259 mana per second while agnostic is ticking so you won't notice near that amount of mana stress compared to what is seen in the videos.

Yea its the "losing mana while agnostic is ticking" part that had me worried. I guess im used to archmage cremation necro where mana is still going up while agnostic is doing work

With the mana pool we have the degen during agnostic will be incredibly minor, it's very smooth in practice.

edit: also keep in mind if mana depletion was an issue for us it would reflect in the EHP, the reason we have near max dodge as well as some evasion and wind dancer is to smooth out the mana hits so it works very synergistically.
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Apr 14, 2021, 3:51:46 PM
"
klaiundblond wrote:
Thx so much for the guide! Was considering Raider as a league starter but I am not sure which route to (CA or TR). This just opened up a new possibility in case things do not work out as intended with TR :) looking very forward to it, first Raider of mine! Speed-train, here I come!<3

no problem! I hope you enjoy.
this one looks super interesting. i'm wondering if some of the new gems such as life tap can be integrated into it but i'd have to re-read what the new gems do and go through the build with a fine tooth comb after work today. i might just do tr as a league starter unless i get lucky with drops and switch to this and see what i can do with it as the league progresses. thanks for posting this!

btw i noticed in the pob the weps are double scepters, i'm assuming this was a mistake and its supposed to be scepter/mistwall shield?
Last edited by rembihnutur on Apr 14, 2021, 4:17:13 PM
"
rembihnutur wrote:
this one looks super interesting. i'm wondering if some of the new gems such as life tap can be integrated into it but i'd have to re-read what the new gems do and go through the build with a fine tooth comb after work today. i might just do tr as a league starter unless i get lucky with drops and switch to this and see what i can do with it as the league progresses. thanks for posting this!

btw i noticed in the pob the weps are double scepters, i'm assuming this was a mistake and its supposed to be scepter/mistwall shield?

I personally use this build in HCSSF and will be using it for an a8 Sirus rush at league start so a mistwall isn't realistic for me to depend on or anyone else in SSF. Replica Mistwall will bolster your EHP by a sizeable chunk but a mana offhand will offer you a higher "max hit" taken.

If you do get a mistwall I would still swap to an off hand sceptre for bossing and use the mistwall for mapping. If you don't feel like swapping you can run a shield with spell block/life/mana or ideally a shaper shield with Mana/Life on block, spell block and life + Mana. All of those are in the PoB as options in items so you can mess around with them and see which configuration suits your playstyle best :)

edit: to elaborate further I think if you're on trade you should definitely grab a replica mistwall as it will trivialize ultimatums entirely. Just make sure to swap it out for bossing.
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Apr 14, 2021, 4:22:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info