(3.16) NERFED DO NOT PLAY THIS Raider Archmage BF/BB [CHEAP, Tanky, HCSSF viable, (100m+ dps)

"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
"
rembihnutur wrote:
this one looks super interesting. i'm wondering if some of the new gems such as life tap can be integrated into it but i'd have to re-read what the new gems do and go through the build with a fine tooth comb after work today. i might just do tr as a league starter unless i get lucky with drops and switch to this and see what i can do with it as the league progresses. thanks for posting this!

btw i noticed in the pob the weps are double scepters, i'm assuming this was a mistake and its supposed to be scepter/mistwall shield?

I personally use this build in HCSSF and will be using it for an a8 Sirus rush at league start so a mistwall isn't realistic for me to depend on or anyone else in SSF. Replica Mistwall will bolster your EHP by a sizeable chunk but a mana offhand will offer you a higher "max hit" taken.

If you do get a mistwall I would still swap to an off hand sceptre for bossing and use the mistwall for mapping. If you don't feel like swapping you can run a shield with spell block/life/mana or ideally a shaper shield with Mana/Life on block, spell block and life + Mana. All of those are in the PoB as options in items so you can mess around with them and see which configuration suits your playstyle best :)

ooooh okay that makes more sense. i'll have to see which one i like more when i play it later on.
What are your thoughts on Cloak of Defiance and Atziri's Foible? just not considered cause ssf? should be pretty good for mid to endgame imo
Last edited by Zonktastic on Apr 14, 2021, 4:49:54 PM
Hi
Thank you for sharing the build.
I'm not sure to understand completely. You think it will be one of the best build for SSF and hardcore players. Or for the normal ultimatum league too?

Thank you.
"
Hi
Thank you for sharing the build.
I'm not sure to understand completely. You think it will be one of the best build for SSF and hardcore players. Or for the normal ultimatum league too?

Thank you.

Due to the build being incredibly tanky it's going to be a very solid option for hcssf/hc trade. With multiple nerfs to other starters, this build offers incredibly competitive damage on a budget and works very well for SSF as well as SC. Overall this build is just incredibly well-rounded and strong for all leagues. My intention with it was making it as viable as possible for HCSSF, though you could easily take this into SC as a tier 1 starter.
Last edited by ChemistHCSSF on Apr 14, 2021, 5:20:39 PM
"
ChemistHCSSF wrote:
"
Zonktastic wrote:
What are your thoughts on Cloak of Defiance and Atziri's Foible? just not considered cause ssf? should be pretty good for mid to endgame imo

Both are not realistic in SSF, they're good mid game options for sure though. I would 100% take a good shaper chest and an incursion amulet over Foible and Cloak though come late game. For trade they would both be good early upgrades. Both are in the PoB under items if you'd like to equip them and see how they work, the foible is already anointed with mind drinker.
I understood your build concept. Have you tried it as pathfinder for more tankiness?
Last edited by furkankoc on Apr 14, 2021, 6:00:29 PM
This looks incredibly fun; I'm going to give this a shot as my starter!

Are there any plans for a slightly more indepth explanation on the links/how they are used, on the gear/when to swap to x or y gear/passives?
I'm honestly pretty basic when it comes to build and not super familiar with PoB I guess so it's a bit intimidating at the moment :)
Thinking about giving this a shot for my starter, although probably going Pathfinder for the QoL. I saw in the PoB you mentioned that Clarity/Watcher's Eye MOM upgrade is broken, is that still the case, I couldn't find any source for that?
Seems like you'd be giving up a lot of cast speed, movement speed, evasion and dodge for flask utility that may not really be worth it on balance. The cast speed is pretty important.

Thanks for the comprehensive PoB including trees and items for different stages of progression, OP. Really nice build and guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info