(3.16) NERFED DO NOT PLAY THIS Raider Archmage BF/BB [CHEAP, Tanky, HCSSF viable, (100m+ dps)

"
scrambled777 wrote:
Anyone try and sustain perma-RF on wrath setup? I've gotten mana regen on both sceptres & ring plus blue pearl amulet, and I seem to be sustaining just fine based off PoB and a few random maps I've run. But curious if I will need more, I know Cestarix did something similar and went for Arcane Cloak regen helm enchant and mana recovery mod on belt too.

Same issue here... Random deaths in T16 ultimatums with 3900 hp, 40% MOM, 53% evade, 72% attack dodge, 57% spell dodge. I have a caustic arrow raider with slightly worse evade stats and similar HP pool (6600 hp with no MOM) and that one can do ultimatums with any mods - seems like standing still to cast BFBB causes the oneshots? Any tips for improving my gear? Endurance charges / fortify / basalt flask / taste of hate maybe?

"
What are your thoughts on omeyocan--not worth it because we already have onslaught? I was just thinking it'd be nice to be able to ditch the quartz flask, all you'd need to do is squeeze another 10% spell dodge and then you'd be capped all the time...

not worth
"
Varroh wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Anyone try and sustain perma-RF on wrath setup? I've gotten mana regen on both sceptres & ring plus blue pearl amulet, and I seem to be sustaining just fine based off PoB and a few random maps I've run. But curious if I will need more, I know Cestarix did something similar and went for Arcane Cloak regen helm enchant and mana recovery mod on belt too.

Same issue here... Random deaths in T16 ultimatums with 3900 hp, 40% MOM, 53% evade, 72% attack dodge, 57% spell dodge. I have a caustic arrow raider with slightly worse evade stats and similar HP pool (6600 hp with no MOM) and that one can do ultimatums with any mods - seems like standing still to cast BFBB causes the oneshots? Any tips for improving my gear? Endurance charges / fortify / basalt flask / taste of hate maybe?

you seem to be missing the two big defenses in Fortify and Sigil of Power. Those are going to help your one shot issues.
"
"
Varroh wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:

you seem to be missing the two big defenses in Fortify and Sigil of Power. Those are going to help your one shot issues.

I don't really understand the stibnite, swap to a rumis and roll of iron skin on your quartz.

Use fertile catalysts on your foible and rare ring, it's a big boost.

You're pretty much ignoring the gem links, which are critical to the build. The forum guide and even more so the discord has very detailed explanations of each gem link.

Drop portal, drop the heavily unneeded 4L conductivity configuration and run a sigil of power setup. You have 3 optional gem links, these should contain Vaal Grace, Enduring Cry and Conductivity. Everything else should be what the guide recommends.

With enduring cry (anomalous makes it nearly instant) you can sustain 3 endurance charges which is 12% phys reduction, set up fortify (20% to hits) and run sigil (19% reduced damage taken). This alone would reduce a physical hit from apes by 51%.
Good points - the conductivity 4L was a temporary setup; I'm now playing with vigilant strike which seems a bit awkward and the uptime on fortify does not seem to be permanent. Currently running it as a 4L with ancestral call, increased duration, faster attacks. Experimenting with flasks too.

Do you guys actually use vigilant strike, enduring cry, and sigil of power on cooldown in ultimatums, while spamming BFBB and managing to stay inside the sigil? That is an incredibly intense way of playing - there has to be a better way as the build has more than enough DPS and just needs a little boost to survive in t16 passively without all of this work. I'd gladly spend 10-20ex on extra gear if it can achieve smoother gameplay.

Also are there any streamers who play this build? Curious to see what their ultimatums and boss fights look like.
"
Varroh wrote:
Good points - the conductivity 4L was a temporary setup; I'm now playing with vigilant strike which seems a bit awkward and the uptime on fortify does not seem to be permanent. Currently running it as a 4L with ancestral call, increased duration, faster attacks. Experimenting with flasks too.

Do you guys actually use vigilant strike, enduring cry, and sigil of power on cooldown in ultimatums, while spamming BFBB and managing to stay inside the sigil? That is an incredibly intense way of playing - there has to be a better way as the build has more than enough DPS and just needs a little boost to survive in t16 passively without all of this work. I'd gladly spend 10-20ex on extra gear if it can achieve smoother gameplay.

Also are there any streamers who play this build? Curious to see what their ultimatums and boss fights look like.

Hi, that's still not the recommended gem setup in the guide though. It's Vigilant strike + faster attacks + ancestral call. It needs to be on a 3 link. Your sigil of power and cloak take up your 4 links.

I would recommend joining the discord at this point, you can run the storm brand variant which is featured there. As well as early, mid game and four end game variants with item and stat priority for each slot.

As to your question, yes, that is how myself and many others play the build. That's how we can get 1-2 million phys EHP on a raider.
Noob question.. in the guide it says one of the watcher's eye mods you're targeting is wrath leeches mana. I can only find them with wrath leaches energy shield. Does it get converted to mana somehow?
"
JungleREC0N wrote:
Noob question.. in the guide it says one of the watcher's eye mods you're targeting is wrath leeches mana. I can only find them with wrath leaches energy shield. Does it get converted to mana somehow?

no, on the new PoB's its been replaced the mana leech one is a legacy item
"
Varroh wrote:
Good points - the conductivity 4L was a temporary setup; I'm now playing with vigilant strike which seems a bit awkward and the uptime on fortify does not seem to be permanent. Currently running it as a 4L with ancestral call, increased duration, faster attacks.

Increased duration does not do anything for Fortify in this set up.

If you want to extend Fortify to approximately 20 seconds, do the following

Vigilant Strike - Fortify Support - Ancestral Call

If you want the fastest way to apply Fortify, do the following

Vigilant Strike - Ancestral Call - Faster Attacks
Hello there. I searched a bit, but did not find anything.
Why Avatar of the Chase? How do we get Onslaught? Because my char does not get Onslaught ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info