Path of Exile: Ultimatum Announcements and Path of Exile 2 Showcase

Nice stuff
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
I'd really like to see all those changes sooner.
I understand that it takes time to write them all out and make sure there is no error in the patch notes, I'm also aware that its how they do stuff every league/major updates, but it still feels like it would be best to share the stuff earlier.

3.14 was already showcased, so there is a build with all the relevant data, so why not share it sooner? The week-end before the league is great because people would spend more time checking and asking each other for clarification.
"But they might want to change stuff before release" they can't. Any new change in data, content or code needs a few days to be tested properly and another few days to debug/fix any problems. Unless they decide to do a blind release, nothing will change from what we've seen.

I usually patient, but when it comes to teaser, I'd rather have detailed information, espacially with a complex ARPG like PoE.
"
Funinyourgame wrote:

"But they might want to change stuff before release" they can't. Any new change in data, content or code needs a few days to be tested properly and another few days to debug/fix any problems. Unless they decide to do a blind release, nothing will change from what we've seen.

You... must be new here.
"
felrasha wrote:
"
Funinyourgame wrote:

You... must be new here.

Ouch!
That burns so hot it burned me too. XD
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
Last edited by KiaKun on Apr 11, 2021, 7:38:06 PM
Hard. Pass.

I have no idea what exactly is wrong with "texture streaming," but having watched the game flail around with various "fixes" for it, including tonight's patch, which made it immediately and obviously WORSE, I'm out. Losing literally hours of XP progress on death is garbage, even when the game is working CORRECTLY. It's utter b***s*** when dying to a random invisible mob you never had a chance to see.

Hasta la vista.
Schweet
If your uncle Jack helps you off an Elephant, would you help your uncle Jack off an Elephant?
"
Einzlhaft wrote:
I have no idea what exactly is wrong with "texture streaming," but having watched the game flail around with various "fixes" for it, including tonight's patch, which made it immediately and obviously WORSE, I'm out. Losing literally hours of XP progress on death is garbage, even when the game is working CORRECTLY. It's utter b***s*** when dying to a random invisible mob you never had a chance to see.

Yah they need a test server and enough people to actually fix stuff before they release it on their main servers.

Also I think a lot of things just blend in with each other. It can be really hard to keep track of a mini-boss in a swarm of mobs.
And your mouse courser......... they REALLY REALLY REALLY NEEEEEED some high visibility pointer options.
We can't solve problems we can't talk about...
PoE 2 looks great but I wonder about ...

- Gameplay looks very similar to PoE 1 and kind of boring
Still one click attack move and repeat
I would expect more sofistic combat system in 2021 (combos, real dodges and such)

- No good physics or am I missing smth?
I want to see burning trees, crates from strong spells, destuctible environment, ...

- Clever simplification of mechanics, currency and loot system (quality over
quantity)

- Drastically reduced screen clutter and less chaotic multiplayer?
Take a look at Diablo 2

- The most crucial is performance though
Last edited by Rakiii on Apr 24, 2021, 7:22:49 AM
Trade ruins PoE for me since 2013. Are we gonna do something about it in PoE 2 or before it? I know its better than trade chat on original release, but I never used that garbage, I literally went under geared until I killed that character off.

Both sides of the trade is no fun, I want to play the game, not go on to another monitor outside the game, find an item I want, then whisper so many people for the next ten to twenty minutes. And if I have to convert currency, do it all over it again for the needed currency, then hope the item is still up for purchase. I do not fault the people selling their items though, I understand being in a map with precious portals at risk, or being stuck in an encounter that you cannot leave.

Couple that with just trying to five link an item, nevermind six linking an item. I have only ever six linked an item twice my entire career in this game. This league I am pushing 80 with gear I got in the last few acts of the game, with nothing above a four link. I struggle to login after the ultimatum launch fiasco and dreading what passes for end game, with the toolset that is PoE trade, so I have barely put in levels in or earned currency, and I have sold only one item this league, so that tells me something is off.
Last edited by grimskuldar on Apr 29, 2021, 1:02:32 PM
reading. Path of Exile 2 is a free-to-play online multiplayer game with co-op for up to six players.

Path of Exile 2 is a separate game to the original Path of Exile. We will continue to offer expansions for both games going forward. They are completely free-to-play and will never be "pay to win". Purchases are shared between the two games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info