What to Expect from the Livestream

"
Shapskeren wrote:
"
haniii11 wrote:
Why is everyone so negative here? Good job GGG big hype for the announcement, thanks for the twitch drop!

Probably butthurt reddit kids crying about harvest n stuff ...

That actually speaks volumes. No, not that “butthurt kids” comment of yours, but the fact that one can sense amount of negativity towards the direction game is heading. Usually the “pog/pogchamp kids” could hype league announcements enough so in general things would look good and community is in general happy. But, since that fiasco of manifesto things aren’t the same.

And, bare with me here for a moment, for a lot of people it is not about harvest nerfs on its own, it’s about the very visible disconnect between the developers who were always “elevated” for being so “in touch” with the player base that turned out to be complete illusion as we all can see in “slamming exalts with excitement” comment.

It’s not “Reddit kids” alone, I hate breaking it to you but there is tons of folks who see this whole thing as a big let down from the company that they were invested into, not financially per say but more of emotionally, with their trust.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
Last edited by N4rk0tyk on Apr 8, 2021, 9:02:37 AM
"
Shapskeren wrote:
"
haniii11 wrote:
Why is everyone so negative here? Good job GGG big hype for the announcement, thanks for the twitch drop!

Just wanted to point out that both of these comments are negative.
Last edited by Ruffleberg on Apr 8, 2021, 9:16:31 AM
If people are negative, it's because GGG is pushing the ratios of the player base to the limit.

There has to be a balance in video games.

Time Spent compared to Value of Time

Risk vs Reward

Work vs Fun

I am sure many PoE players will agree, because I seen them say it many times. The work and time cost of World of Warcraft being too high causing them to quit that game.

I feel as though the Time and Work involved are being pushed to the limit in Path of Exile.
"
Praimsara wrote:
If people are negative, it's because GGG is pushing the ratios of the player base to the limit.

There has to be a balance in video games.

Time Spent compared to Value of Time

Risk vs Reward

Work vs Fun

I am sure many PoE players will agree, because I seen them say it many times. The work and time cost of World of Warcraft being too high causing them to quit that game.

I feel as though the Time and Work involved are being pushed to the limit in Path of Exile.

Cant handle this nonsense xD

THATS what PoE is supposed to be. Its SUPLOSED to be very very grindy/time heavy.

THATS one if the reasons I started playing back in beta. I wanted it to be hard, grindy, complex and needing time investment to reach the max endgame/bis gear.

I didn't want another uber casual clown fiesta, aka D3.
And since u talk about WoW. Thats the reason I don't play retail.

If u don't like the way the game is. Don't play it.

Dozens of other great ARPGs out there, wich need less time investment and suit casuals much better.

But please stop trying to change this game into the same shit we got a million times already. Tyvm.

@GGG hyped for next league and keep up the good work. Don't give in to those kids.

Keep up the good work:)
"
N4rk0tyk wrote:
"
Shapskeren wrote:
"
haniii11 wrote:

That actually speaks volumes. No, not that “butthurt kids” comment of yours, but the fact that one can sense amount of negativity towards the direction game is heading. Usually the “pog/pogchamp kids” could hype league announcements enough so in general things would look good and community is in general happy. But, since that fiasco of manifesto things aren’t the same.

And, bare with me here for a moment, for a lot of people it is not about harvest nerfs on its own, it’s about the very visible disconnect between the developers who were always “elevated” for being so “in touch” with the player base that turned out to be complete illusion as we all can see in “slamming exalts with excitement” comment.

It’s not “Reddit kids” alone, I hate breaking it to you but there is tons of folks who see this whole thing as a big let down from the company that they were invested into, not financially per say but more of emotionally, with their trust.

As some1 who plays since beta, I don't see the disconnect.

The game being what it is, was the reason I started playing back then.

GGG made their vision clear from the beginning and ppl liked that alot.

Now we got more and more ppl joining, esp new players, and they are irritated by the rmg,grind, time investment needed, 3rd party websites and stuff to learn.

But thats part of the game we wanted back then. GGG just keeps true to their vision and I respect them for that. Most devs these days just fck their vision as long as it makes then more money (even short term).

What do u guys even QQ about? Game was fine and fun even before creating benches/fossils/essences and betrayel crafts were a thing.

Only reason ppl are mad now is because GGG implemented harvest in a completely broken state (God knows why, we had this whole discussion at the end of harvest league already) and ppl lose some of their free power.

What a joke<.<
6 hours zzzz
"
RebornKing wrote:
As some1 who plays since beta, I don't see the disconnect.

The game being what it is, was the reason I started playing back then.

GGG made their vision clear from the beginning and ppl liked that alot.

Now we got more and more ppl joining, esp new players, and they are irritated by the rmg,grind, time investment needed, 3rd party websites and stuff to learn.

But thats part of the game we wanted back then. GGG just keeps true to their vision and I respect them for that. Most devs these days just fck their vision as long as it makes then more money (even short term).

What do u guys even QQ about? Game was fine and fun even before creating benches/fossils/essences and betrayel crafts were a thing.

Only reason ppl are mad now is because GGG implemented harvest in a completely broken state (God knows why, we had this whole discussion at the end of harvest league already) and ppl lose some of their free power.

What a joke<.<

I don’t know if you realize, but you literally contradict yourself in same post. You don’t see disconnect, yet ggg is disconnected for making harvest the way it is in league now since apparently that was against the players (since it was discussed on the end of harvest as you state). Now there is no disconnect because they are taking it away even though it is pretty clear it is against the players will. Also, there is no disconnect in stating that players actually slam exalts with their eyes closed (I mean, I don’t care how long you playing, but even people who make mirrors per league don’t do it this way).

Game is plenty of challenging and difficult, most players who try it cannot get past Kitava or white tier maps, those are facts from ggg. The reason why I play this game it’s because of its complexity and level of knowledge required, and challenging content. But you have to be blind to not see all that is happening. New definition of challenging is basically let us up 5x the boss life. Or perhaps let’s do invulnerable phases so it feels difficult. This can go on and on, the game you loved since beta is gone long time ago, that ship has sailed, sink and rotten on the bottom of the ocean since we are all in zoom-zoom-kill-fast-skip-loot race.
Persistence makes impossible possible, possible likely and likely definite. Yep, Mirror will drop eventually -_-
what to expect from the livestream? just nothing like last time. we have to wait for the patch notes to see how bad it is really going to be :)

"
THATS one if the reasons I started playing back in beta. I wanted it to be hard, grindy, complex and needing time investment to reach the max endgame/bis gear.

this completely doesn't fit into the current state of leagues. heavy time invest with a 3 month cycle? what? you having fun gearing up for 2 months than play 3 days with it before you are bored?
Last edited by Blutgarde on Apr 8, 2021, 10:18:35 AM
"
Ruffleberg wrote:
"
Praimsara wrote:
I am going to come to the Live Stream and see if I can get an answer to any of these questions and more.

Good Luck!

The announcement and Baeclast are paid advertisements.

I used to think otherwise till i watched a handful of them.

The usual suspects & talking heads that are invited seem to have the same base idea in regards of game mechanics and QoL as the CEO and critical questions are a rare occurrence.

The only critical questions are fluff like cosmetics or rehashing already answered questions which makes the whole stream look like an echo chamber at times.

The same can be expected today when Ziggy does his thing.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 8, 2021, 10:21:15 AM
cant waiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttt

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info