[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

How does this build feel at scourge mechanic? Slow or fast?
Hey, tryin this build as lvl 54 and so far in story mode, I find dying a lot. I mean if i stop for even few seconds i get overrun and die. When does this build get tanky? :)
Why don't we use Void Manipulation at main link? POB show more dps-boost than Swift Affliction, for example.
"
Frehsent wrote:
Why don't we use Void Manipulation at main link? POB show more dps-boost than Swift Affliction, for example.

The DPS for TR in PoB is somewhat misleading. It calculates the entire DPS for the period the DoT is active. This is why sources of increased duration show such a large dps boost. However, it’s not very accurate because it assumes the monster is standing in one place the entire time and doesn’t really calculate damage “per second”. Swift Affliction makes the damage apply faster, which is actually really beneficial. However, it’ll show a big decrease in dps because it shortens the duration a bit. I encourage you to test it out yourself, but, to me, SA feels better and VM loses out vs other damage gems like VP or Efficacy.
~Donkster5
"
Zeros wrote:
Hey, tryin this build as lvl 54 and so far in story mode, I find dying a lot. I mean if i stop for even few seconds i get overrun and die. When does this build get tanky? :)

Lvl 54? Do you have fortify (2nd lab) yet? If no, then go do the lab when you’re able. If yes, then you should feel pretty good. If you still feel squishy, drop in determination as an aura or increase your life pool.
~Donkster5
"
Donkster5 wrote:
The DPS for TR in PoB is somewhat misleading. It calculates the entire DPS for the period the DoT is active. This is why sources of increased duration show such a large dps boost. However, it’s not very accurate because it assumes the monster is standing in one place the entire time and doesn’t really calculate damage “per second”. Swift Affliction makes the damage apply faster, which is actually really beneficial. However, it’ll show a big decrease in dps because it shortens the duration a bit. I encourage you to test it out yourself, but, to me, SA feels better and VM loses out vs other damage gems like VP or Efficacy.

Thanks for responce. I've noticed that POB calculates TR DPS in some weird way. It even shows dps decrease when I swap my 6-link Quill Rain to +3 Short Bow. Thats not true, right?
Is there any way to configurate POB to show real DPS?
Ans this is kinda half-dps difference between 15 and 0 withered stacks. But how can we be sure about getting high uptime of maximum stacks, if Withering Touch is randomized?
"
Frehsent wrote:
"
Donkster5 wrote:

Thanks for responce. I've noticed that POB calculates TR DPS in some weird way. It even shows dps decrease when I swap my 6-link Quill Rain to +3 Short Bow. Thats not true, right?
Is there any way to configurate POB to show real DPS?
Ans this is kinda half-dps difference between 15 and 0 withered stacks. But how can we be sure about getting high uptime of maximum stacks, if Withering Touch is randomized?

If you have the +39% AOE increase then make sure in POB under config, make sure you have the pod overlap set to 5.

Also wither uptime stays pretty consistent since ballista does it for us and 5x ballistas shooting 5 arrows each, but for bosses that move it most likely won't ever reach 15 stacks.
Last edited by skempf85 on Nov 12, 2021, 5:22:21 AM
"
skempf85 wrote:
If you have the +39% AOE increase then make sure in POB under config, make sure you have the pod overlap set to 5.

According to this research https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oe3A1gnJXHC_0YvaWe7yfxf5RFDo2IQ9ai6HZjTtyTs/edit#gid=0, 39% AOE increase gives us 4.35 overlapping.
I've chosed 4.81 via no AOE increase + anomalous concetrated effect.

As for ballista, in this build we use withering touch in sefl-cast link, not in ballista. Am I misunderstanding this point?
Last edited by Frehsent on Nov 12, 2021, 5:36:20 AM
To Playstyle-question on page 36:

Interesting... I prefere another playstyle:
I'am just running through the maps, withering step on left Mousebutton, pressing every 1-2s "q" (for a totem) and I'am looking at the map if something interesting drops. Everything dies behind me, without using my bow...

Bosses: 5 totems plus facetank with bow...

The fastest way in my oppinion
Last edited by Ogli1 on Nov 13, 2021, 6:35:16 AM
"
Ogli1 wrote:
To Playstyle-question on page 36:

Interesting... I prefere another playstyle:
I'am just running through the maps, withering step on left Mousebutton, pressing every 1-2s "q" (for a totem) and I'am looking at the map if something interesting drops. Everything dies behind me, without using my bow...

Bosses: 5 totems plus facetank with bow...

The fastest way in my oppinion

That is the arguably the fastest and exactly how I play in a HC situation. The less you stop to shoot, the less chances of getting hit and dying. I think my speed run videos from a couple leagues ago use that playstyle. It’s not as satisfying as shooting yourself and watching things die around you, but it is more efficient.
~Donkster5

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info