[3.18] (((Abandoned))) Donkster5' The Toxic Tank! RIP 3.19 due to mana res issues

"
Donkster5 wrote:
"
Karmoth666 wrote:
]thanks a lot now i have to look what LGoH and so on means hehehe, but i will get the gem names,
so thank you very much for your help !

Haha, the names are written out in the endgame section of the build guide, or in the PoB. Specifically, LGoH is life gain on hit.

ok got it thanks lets start the fun.......
For those who have doubts about this build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZOcY4c-kgY
I really don't get one thing - maybe someone can explain it to me:

Why aren't you using GCPs on Toxic Rain Gems to improve the Gem's quality?

According to the Wiki (https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Toxic_Rain), quality on Toxic Rain improves the Area of effect.

And then:
"
Sources of increased area of effect allow the damage over time from each spore to overlap.[1] User testing indicates that increased area does not appear to increase the spore-to-spore distance,[2][3] therefore this should improve single-target damage.

cheers
Is it worth stacking on suppressing spell damage if you already reached 50% cap? Magebane already provides a decent boost and there are some items which also boosts that.
"
as_69 wrote:
I really don't get one thing - maybe someone can explain it to me:

Why aren't you using GCPs on Toxic Rain Gems to improve the Gem's quality?

According to the Wiki (https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Toxic_Rain), quality on Toxic Rain improves the Area of effect.

And then:
"
Sources of increased area of effect allow the damage over time from each spore to overlap.[1] User testing indicates that increased area does not appear to increase the spore-to-spore distance,[2][3] therefore this should improve single-target damage.

cheers

Wow, that wiki is out of date. They changed TR a couple leagues ago to where stacking AoE was no longer beneficial. Remi has done a lot of testing to what specific breakpoints are best (i’ve linked his info in the guide), but, in general, it’s better to limit your AoE. There is room to add quality if your total hits those breakpoints, but getting a lvl 21 gem is far more important.
~Donkster5
"
NetworkRanger wrote:
Is it worth stacking on suppressing spell damage if you already reached 50% cap? Magebane already provides a decent boost and there are some items which also boosts that.

Getting 100% spell suppression chance is hugely important. Otherwise it’s RNG. 100% spell suppression means you always take only 50% of the spell damage. 99% to spell suppression chance means 1% of the time you’ll take all the spell damage, but that 1% of the time is RNG and will probably result in a one-shot… based off my luck.

What I didn’t anticipate when making the PoB is how easy it is to get spell suppression on gear. If you can get it to 100% and reuse some passives, do that! For example, I was able to pick up a watchers eye with anger crit multi and grace spell suppression chance for my other build, that allowed me to repurpose a couple passives for about 10% more dps; which is huge at endgame.
~Donkster5
Last edited by Donkster5 on Nov 20, 2021, 10:55:55 AM
Couple Questions:

The early leveling section says to rush Avatar of the Hunt, but that's not in the PoB posted. Are we expected to respec out of it later? (and does it work with the totems?)

Same for Freedom of movement.
Last edited by DevGNoll on Nov 20, 2021, 7:51:02 PM
"
DevGNoll wrote:
Couple Questions:

The early leveling section says to rush Avatar of the Hunt, but that's not in the PoB posted. Are we expected to respec out of it later? (and does it work with the totems?)

Same for Freedom of movement.

Yes, take some early bow damage nodes and the movement nodes. Respec later. It’s big QoL while leveling. Totems attacks are your attacks as far as the passive tree is concerned… except for rare instances of gaining charges and the like. Just kill some white mobs with your selfcast to proc freedom of movement.
~Donkster5
Really enjoying this build. It does well in most situations, and well in nightmare as well.

Equipment progress at L83:

(not optimising a lot yet)

Rearguard is used for my lazy playing style. It allows me to play white/yellow maps haphazardly. When more damage is needed, I'll switch to a damage quiver.
Last edited by Cyzax on Nov 26, 2021, 5:38:17 AM
Can someone tell me what to improve except from watchers eye and medium cluster (Can`t afford both). -9% helmet is next plan. But then?

http://poeurl.com/dvNx

Last edited by Ogli1 on Dec 2, 2021, 9:15:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info