[3.16] Armageddon Brand Build (League Starter) | Elementalist | Scourge | Path of Exile 3.16

Big ups for this build guide, it really saved my league start. I was attempting to use Big Ducks Flame Arrow "Starter" and hit a massive wall when getting into maps but mostly the ultimatums. In no was shape or form is that a league starter and I feel bad for any new player that is following that guide and having to learn how to respec and spot farm for specific items that have super bad drop rates (even more so for this league).

tl;dr big ducks almost killed my league start
"
Nexi wrote:
I'd still go with Shaper of Flames, bastion is good but not 40% of your damage good. You'll kill things way too slow without shaper of flames, which will make ultimatums extremely hard.

Route I took was to drop Glancing Blows. Use Martyr of Innocence and Rumi's to max block without it, and you'll become very tanky for a self-aiming DoT build. Beyond that, the mentioned Red Dream below Fire Walker gives you another 12% phys reduction and a future upgrade into Red Nightmare. I'm also running Arctic Armor for some extra protection, although you'd be better off with Aspect of the Spider when you can get it. Try to get Hinder immunity somewhere and you'll feel really good in ultimatums.

This staff is way better defensively and offensively. Thanks for the recommendation.
Hi, somebody tried to convert to CI?
I'm still trying this build, level 90 by now.
so basicaly skill passive tree is almost the same, only changed ascendancy points from Aegis to Shaper of Storms.
But before that bought Inpulsa for 40c and after 600-700 fusings it was time to try it.
It feels kinda smooth, explosions everywhere, by far a lot better in Ultimatums for me
Just realized my question has been asked and answered in previous pages
Last edited by SaD.ShUrIkEnGeR on Apr 29, 2021, 5:13:07 AM
Still rocking this build and having a lot of fun tuning it to Ultimatum. Running max block, max chaos res, 5 endurance charge, 78% allres, 5.4k HP, and 3m ignites atm. Really enjoy being incredibly tanky. Heading towards 4m ignites next with some awakened gems and a better helm enchant.

Spoiler

Has anyone experimented with how Shaper of Storms/Mastermind feels in comparison to Bastion? Losing the reflect immunity sounds annoying but the damage is tempting.
Last edited by CloverPuppy on Apr 29, 2021, 7:57:43 AM
I'm leveling this build in ssf and just harvest crafted this pretty awesome staff but I also have two really great wands. What would you guys use and if you'd go with the staff which skill would you put in it?

If you're bored and want to check out my build I'd appreciate any advice you have
"
Fattyprime wrote:
Big ups for this build guide, it really saved my league start. I was attempting to use Big Ducks Flame Arrow "Starter" and hit a massive wall when getting into maps but mostly the ultimatums. In no was shape or form is that a league starter and I feel bad for any new player that is following that guide and having to learn how to respec and spot farm for specific items that have super bad drop rates (even more so for this league).

tl;dr big ducks almost killed my league start

I was in the same boat. Glad to have found this build to turn to.
Why aren't we using The Primordial Chain Coral Amulet?

+3 golems should be better than skitterbots?
Primordial Chain is definitely the way to go unless you're incredibly rich.

You'll probably want Primordial Chain, a 6l Martyr, some kind of Blizzard Crown, a replica Emberwake, some kind of unique 6l chest (The Perfect Form, Skin of the Loyal, Covenant, Loreweave, Shadowstitch), and a Red Nightmare as your first set of moderately expensive goals.

I definitely would not go the Anima Stone route. Its not worth the investment, especially given you really want to get Corrupted Blood and Hinder immunity on your jewels. That is going to be incredibly expensive if all you have are clusters and primordials. Its also just straight worse and less flexible than 7% life dot multi jewels.

Lastly you can pretty easily save yourself 2 gem sockets by just not using Hextouch-Wave of Conviction. Grab exposure via Corrosive Elements on a cluster jewel instead. Wave of Conviction got nerfed hard. Having doom and a faster cast speed makes selfcast flammability way better if you have any other way of applying Exposure.
Last edited by CloverPuppy on May 1, 2021, 9:13:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info