Trap

That's 30% damage on mine. When you summon a totem with a mine the mine itself isn't dealing damage and so it doesn't benefit.

But all supports support each other. The modify the skill itself so they can affect each other. For instance Increased AoE will increase the radius of elemental proliferation.
Last edited by Umbraal on May 15, 2012, 3:19:22 PM
Short question:
If I put the Trap support gem on a mine, is it transformed to a trap or a minelaying trap?
It becomes a mine that creates a trap when activated.
So I'm guessing that the advantage of this support gem is that trap laying speed is separate from cast time, so you can use some long-cast time skill quickly.
This gem should change totem or mines into traps instead of this inception nonsense...
If i use Puncture with a Trap Support Gem, will i have some sort of Spike Trap? Puncture does damage over time, but it depends on Weapon Damage. But a Trap itself does have no Weapon Damage? So will the Trap then cause a Bleeding without effect?
I like the idea of a Trap Support Gem, but instead of it, a couple more of some useful Trap Skills would make such questions like mine irrelevant.
You can't make any attacks, including puncture into totems traps or mines because they're weapon attacks and require a weapon. It'd be hard to justify and would require some technical stuff as the traps/totems/mines would then have to have your weapon and such.
"
Umbraal wrote:
t'd be hard to justify and would require some technical stuff as the traps/totems/mines would then have to have your weapon and such.

there is nothing to justify.. it's all fantasy and in no way you could tell, a trap could not replace a weapon.
so if the trap gem can only support skills that are not bound to weapons, then that should be added to the gem description.
That's like saying that elemental proliferation should get in it's description it only applies to damaging abilities when only damaging abilities can apply elemental debuffs. Besides it tells you when you try to support something whether it actually is or not.
Last edited by Umbraal on Jun 6, 2012, 5:47:49 PM
your comparison is pointless unless you know exactly how the game mechanics work. an item description should not leave you with try and error.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info