Trap

This seems like totem, only worse.
Last edited by Strill on May 11, 2012, 5:16:31 PM
Does leveling this gem ever do anything? I'm at lvl 6 and the stats are still the same
I'm not seeing the point of this support gem either, it sounds great in theory but in reality out side of pvp there's no real advantage over casting your spell directly at the target.

Currently the only form of PvP are cut-throat league events. The gem is unfortunately also useless for that.

Trap has a level 24 requirement meaning you won't even encounter it until sometime in cruel difficulty and it will be restricted to a higher level bracket then most people will even reach during a race.

This will be especially true in cut-throat as the goal is not to get the furthest but kill the most people so all the hot activity is going to be in act1 normal, if you actually got to cruel during a cut-throat race you'd probably be alone.
All those one button guys make me sad ;(

English is my third language, there will be bugs.
TBH it should have a buff like Remote Mine, which has 30% more damage. Traps could have, say 10% or 15% to make up for the time taken to place them.
If this was linked to a Fire Trap gem, would it throw down a Fire Trap in the same location as the first? Could this then be used to lay a Fire Trap and a Fire Trap Trap in the same location, triggering the Fire Trap and laying a new one at the same time when an enemy is in range?
Ignorance is bliss,
And the opposite is true.
Genius is madness.
=========================================
"Creates a trap which uses this skill when triggered" is a boolean stat, it can only be true or false, and can't stack.
Last edited by Umbraal on May 13, 2012, 1:52:38 AM
This support gives you extra minions since they technically do not belong to you...what also means that they won't follow...and zombies/spectres still need corpes nearby but i think for an low lvl summoner or someone who doesn't want/can spec too much in minions this might help alot fpr survivability.

For skellies this basically means you can summon as many as you want and since they only last for 20 secs anyways and won't really follow. Just loosing one support slot that way but the numbers should do the trick...

wait...this should work even better with remote mine...at least the zombie/spectre part =D

oh yes..and do not forget about totems with this =P
Last edited by Lunes on May 13, 2012, 6:48:19 AM
"
Umbraal wrote:
"Creates a trap which uses this skill when triggered" is a boolean stat, it can only be true or false, and can't stack.
Correct. You can however, have a mine that places a trap that summons a totem that uses a skill. If you're into that sort of thing.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Umbraal wrote:
Correct. You can however, have a mine that places a trap that summons a totem that uses a skill. If you're into that sort of thing.

Wait... You can use supports on supports?

Can I then make my custom (support gem ) totems get +30% dmg by adding a mine support?
Walking the path since August 20th 2011.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info