Conversion Trap

Try using it in a totem-mod map and proceed to feel like superman. But don't tell the devs please!

Besides; did anyone find a support gem that works with this gem that is not increased duration? I am tempted to put 2 conversion traps in my 3 linked weapon because the third slot feels like a waste if I put something that doesn't affect the traps in there.
Last edited by HonkyTonk on Jun 30, 2013, 9:16:43 AM
I can't seem to find any real practical use for this trap aside from trolling. I'm no pro, but it just isn't doing anything no matter how I try to think of using it.
Yup.
Convert a Rare with the Allies Cannot Die aura. Grab one with the Haste aura. Something fun like that. It allows you to tear the place up as long as the Rare is under your control; don't have to worry about a Rare pushing your shit in while you're busy killing the mooks.

Also, you can convert enemies in PvP.
Make Conversion Trap work with Supports (physical-based or anything that adds ele damage) so converted monsters can hit harder!

Conversion Trap seems weak in that converted monsters fighting by your side are not stronger than when they were your enemy.

I think doing this would open some doors to summoner-based builds. It would also be a fun trap to use overall, even for setups that do not revolve around summons.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 24, 2013, 7:06:20 PM
The main use I have found for this trap is to scout into rooms, etc. If I spot a lone mob at the edge of my screen then I convert it and watch to see if it starts to walk in any particular direction, if it gets attacked and how quickly it dies.

I guess it can be used to "steal" auras and that can be useful from time to time.

I sometimes convert mobs that I want to root with a bear trap, so I convert them and then bear trap under their feet just before they change back.

I also leave conversion traps by doorways I am planning to come back to when I have two or more choices. This means I won't get any nasty surprises from behind my back.

I always try to finish off rares with a "firework display" so my skills go: bear traps/ kite/ nuke until it is just about to die and finally one last bear trap and two lightning traps slightly off-centre and either side of the bear trap. If you do it right then there is a nice "firework" explosion as the rare dies :D

makes conv trap VERY powerful when playing as summoner

note: converted are NOT minions, so the value of conversion is not damage!

for a summoner frequent issue is: really powerful mob is surrounded by thrash mobs. because there is no way to reliably snipe single mobs out of the crowd the solution is to convert that tough mob, kill the thrash unmolested and then rape the now single tough mob

same applies to 'invlunerable' totems or any totems. zombies with 'always crit' totem are CRAZY!

i cannot imagine playing summoner without conversion trap. multitrap made this skill immensely better than before

GGG question: trap nodes increase damage of converted mobs?
this is probably the best defensive spell in the game.

pairing this trap with multiple traps and inc duration allows me to turn an entire room of otherwise frightening doom into a liesurely stroll through lootsville.

i strongly urge anyone playing a high level character with 3 sockets and room for a skill on their bar to pick this up and start chuckin em in areas that are too difficult, as it instantly eliminates all potential danger when the mobs stop fighting you and start fighting themselves.

also, lol @ the above posters going 'this gem is terrible and i see no use for it' etc, easily the best defensive gem in the entire game and requires absolutely no investment to function well. just need it, multi traps, inc duration and a spare 3 links + slot on your bar, no skill points or complicated uniques required. personally i don't run any characters without this, it's just that good. i used to use it before multi traps but it was more for turning rares with auras and/or totems to my side for a temporary huge boost, or converting particularly dangerous mobs like those flicker/discharge monstrosities or necros. multi-trap turns this into the crowd-control gem of the year and makes it worth bringing along in every single build.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
this is probably the best defensive spell in the game.

pairing this trap with multiple traps and inc duration allows me to turn an entire room of otherwise frightening doom into a liesurely stroll through lootsville.

i strongly urge anyone playing a high level character with 3 sockets and room for a skill on their bar to pick this up and start chuckin em in areas that are too difficult, as it instantly eliminates all potential danger when the mobs stop fighting you and start fighting themselves.

also, lol @ the above posters going 'this gem is terrible and i see no use for it' etc, easily the best defensive gem in the entire game and requires absolutely no investment to function well. just need it, multi traps, inc duration and a spare 3 links + slot on your bar, no skill points or complicated uniques required. personally i don't run any characters without this, it's just that good. i used to use it before multi traps but it was more for turning rares with auras and/or totems to my side for a temporary huge boost, or converting particularly dangerous mobs like those flicker/discharge monstrosities or necros. multi-trap turns this into the crowd-control gem of the year and makes it worth bringing along in every single build.

Love you, this is friggin powerfull and usefull on any char, that with multiple traps becomes really powerfull defensive/offensive tool for a period of time .
This skill should create a debuff icon with a timer in PvP. (currently doesn't). Minor issue :)
This skill has saved my trapper's bacon more times than I can count. I love it. Especially for those unexpected boss fights when there are trash mobs about who can be stalking horses for a few seconds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info