Conversion Trap

Two things have to be changed.

-If a converted monster kills an enemie, the player does not get any exp.

[Edit: Looks like this will be patched with 0.9.12 going live.]

-When I get aggro of an enemy and while he is walking towards me I convert him, he will start attacking other enemies AFTER he has reached me. This has to be changed aswell. A converted mob should immed. look for a new target and should not try to reach the old target (here the player) first. This does not happen always but I had this issue many times now.

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Sep 3, 2012, 5:58:01 AM
Do we have an update on this kill with regards to experience agin and item drop?
- If the converted monster kills another.
- If the converted monster is itself killed.
I've had a second go at it. The above questions should be answered in the affirmative. However:

= = =
There seems to be absolutely no point in leveling up this skill, unless the cooldown as are decreased with level. With the increasing mana cost of at least 2 and +0.2 sec per level. One would be better off attaching an Increased Duration and leave it at that.
increasing the level will increase duration via supported even further... cooldown is to not capture too many at once. suppose dominating blow is better and gets benefit from minion passives but requires to be melee and kill the foe.
What happens if this trap is triggered by another player in PvP? Anyone tried that?
"
buralien wrote:
What happens if this trap is triggered by another player in PvP? Anyone tried that?

The player is temporarily an AI on your side. Allows for team-killing, which is hilarious. Links!
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 26, 2012, 2:44:33 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
buralien wrote:

The player is temporarily an AI on your side.
The enemy palyer is converted to your ally temporarily. They are not replaced by AI, they still have full control.
They are still part of the enemy team for PVP purposes (converting someone in 1-v-1 does't win the round due to no opposing team members).
If I understand this correctly, there is no point to use this in 1v1 (except amusement), but in 3v3 the converted player will take damage from his teammates and can damage them, while being immune to damage from his opponents?
if you checked the link viper posted. there is a youtube that shows how strong convert trap is with viper strike. for 1v1 or the 3v3. the 3v3 just causes mass confusion in form you already understand.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The enemy palyer is converted to your ally temporarily. They are not replaced by AI, they still have full control.

Hahah, that's even better, arguably!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info