Fire Trap

The sockets don't have to be linked for that to happen. When an item changes (gem levels up, unsocket a gem), the engine has to re-equip the item. For a fraction of a second, you lose the Fire trap gem, causing it to reset.
I read the thread, but I'm still unsure- there is XXX fire damage per second (from ground)- do 'burning damage' passives (like pyromaniac) affect this degeneration dmg? (assuming that monster is not ignited)
ign: Ron
"
WizardLife wrote:

Trap count also resets when you level up any gem. The trap count resetting when you level up fire trap makes sense from a certain perspective but there is no reason why your trap count should go to 0 because you leveled up a completely unrelated skill....

It resets when any linked gems level... levelling gems in other items have no impact on the reset counter.

Basically, I've noticed it resets when:

- entering a new area.
- when the Fire Trap gem levels.
- when linked gems (normally linked passive gems... not sure about linked normal gems) level.
- when changing/swapping FT gems or linked passives.

I've been playing (before the reset) with a Fire Trap, Flame Totem + Molten Shield build SHADOW... and for the most part is pretty good. A bit squishy now I'm in MERC, but plenty of levels to build up my health and defence. My FT does about 1,900 dps on the tooltip.

BUILD
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYAAIpUSwPeo7kLCtJZD46CnRUh4QQWCb_SFl5YaRi6bYQakfLaH05qDyEa-H8yvWbWNbUq6zbrxVQ3BhmfP55fTUJM1rxJpwlYSrZMi0uvP5dNM76rT2ktRVXIbMBWJRf_WXzpoWISGhZiR7jyZaSHCWdDamlo2hlUds1fmXyGyhl-mmTTf6rIHpT2DWe0Hmd7x_Ndvfe7LErbscgP99oE5u3z1hbIOTABqb8HYpwjPKzXhdBa4uLXhdJUN_TbMyK4xiETAviTG5yx29P2wwcy54bUnq64wAJ7_HO6ws3aqMbLQR0Rs1PsC7K3ac7xO4o-g4Yb2tF7-Oj1Lbu8qduWaubWqteSgK3YhnOLD8Bw9JY=

I use primarily this unique*** :
Unavailable

*** although at the time of rest I had switched it around to trial this unique instead:
Unavailable

My MAIN COMPLAINT so far in trying to use a FT damaging build is with the trap placement. So many times it doesn't drop where I click: especially when using the Cursor + QWERT combos. It is very poor indoors and tight areas, often traps are misplaced or simply not dropped (probably a collision issue if it thinks I'm dropping them on a wall etc).

Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Oct 11, 2012, 1:19:38 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
It seems to me that Vulnerability does not increase the damage over time of fire trap. Can anyone help confirm this ?
Last edited by Thalandor on Oct 25, 2012, 5:49:09 PM
"
Thalandor wrote:
It seems to me that Vulnerability does not increase the damage over time of fire trap. Can anyone help confirm this ?
There does appear to be a problem with this currently. I've made a note to investigate when I have time and fix it up. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Can we get a general does and does not affect trap? Like Spell, elemental, *Doubful of weapon elemental*, and other such items. I'm a bit new and trying to make a trap and totem character and choosing nodes is very difficult because I can't tell if its going to help me or be completely useless.
I learned passive " 5% increase elemental damage" but nothing changes...whY?
But this skill have bonus from spell damage.
Last edited by askael on Dec 13, 2012, 2:19:58 AM
"
askael wrote:
I learned passive " 5% increase elemental damage" but nothing changes...whY?
But this skill have bonus from spell damage.
The most likely explanation is that the base damage on your gem is low enough, and you have enough % increased damage already applying, that getting another 5% increase wasn't enough to add a whole point of damage.

With a low level fire trap gem, this is quite possible. But as you get more elemental damage bonuses (and other applicable bonuses, they'll continue to stack until they have a noticable effect).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 13, 2012, 7:07:59 PM
Does the increased burn damage from gem quality also increase ignite damage caused by the initial hit?
IGN: Iolar
Yes, if it ignites something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info