Fire Trap

I can't imagine Fire Trap being nerfed. It's 'just fine' at the moment; it works, but is not exceptional one way or the other.
I think you need to decrease the time it takes to throw/lay out the trap.
From what I've read of the Wiki and the previous 10 pages,

Fire trap's initial explosion IS affected by elemental damage passives and fire passives.
However I need clarification of whether it is similar to bear trap in that it is not doing spell damage and hence takes no effect from spell damage passive and spell damage on gear.

Also I need clarification that the burning ground damage is ONLY affected by burning damage passives/gear. Is it affected by fire penetration support?

Thanks very much.
Last edited by Elvok on Jan 22, 2013, 7:42:03 AM
Currently it's looks like burning damage passive does not increase the DOT at all (just respected some passive to check and with or without, the DOT was the same)
In fact, it looks like currently nothing affects the DOT of fire trap and this is wron i believe.
Yeh sounds like a bug then, a Dev response would be great though.
Reduce all Traps cooldown to 6 seconds or allow cast speed to decrease it, allow fire traps burn to stack with a -50% penalty for each one after the first. Thank you everything else is great.
Let's wait for open beta in a few hours but if nothing has changed here, you really cannot make a viable build based on pure fire trap. I was trying to add crit chance to one shot everything including fire resist monster with dual curse (EW and Flammability) and fire penetration gem (i'm not even sure fire penetration works on fire trap) but even this way most champion mob were holding the damage (including the dot which is definitly too weak as it's not impacted by any passives)
Due to the high cooldown, i was using 2 fire traps gem and it was still slow and had to run everywhere (the dps is rated 1100 to 1700 without concentrated effect and 1600 to 2200+ with CE - not sure about the figure right now)
"
Melpheos wrote:
Currently it's looks like burning damage passive does not increase the DOT at all (just respected some passive to check and with or without, the DOT was the same)
In fact, it looks like currently nothing affects the DOT of fire trap and this is wron i believe.
Yes, it looks like increased burning damage doesn't increase it - it actually does, but this can't currently be shown in the skill tooltip. This will change in future.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Melpheos wrote:
Yes, it looks like increased burning damage doesn't increase it - it actually does, but this can't currently be shown in the skill tooltip. This will change in future.

Hmmm good to know, still the DOT burning damage seems very low compared to burning damage detrimental.
Also i looks like the DOT does not seems to be impacted by Fire Penetration gem but i could be wrong. Haven't made extensive test on this.
Last edited by Melpheos on Jan 25, 2013, 8:15:04 AM
Wondering if Fire Trap has Culling Strike as a support gem does that included the burning damage. Can the burning damage proc culling strike.
IGN ThundaBoom

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info