Bear Trap

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Zarondd wrote:
So is this considered a stun effect? In that case does increased stun duration/reduced threshold make it more effective?
No

"
Zarondd wrote:
If not, then does the increased skill duration support or passive increase the hold time?
Yes

I just did a quick test (not very scientific, but it gave results nonetheless) regarding this last point. Having increased duration linked to this skill only made the trap persist longer, and did not hold the target any longer than without it. Isn't that supposed to make the target be trapped for a longer duration?

e. Let me give some more info about my setup.

My Setup

My build

Level 28 Shadow
Link to passive tree

Bear trap is in my helm, but here is all of my gear. Note that atm I don't have increased duration linked to it, but it's the same level as the other increased duration gems I have equipped.

My Gear

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

HowCouldThisHappenToMee (Hardcore Talisman)
Last edited by bassdoken on Jan 5, 2013, 8:39:04 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Have you tried increased buff duration instead?
"
bassdoken wrote:
I just did a quick test (not very scientific, but it gave results nonetheless) regarding this last point. Having increased duration linked to this skill only made the trap persist longer, and did not hold the target any longer than without it. Isn't that supposed to make the target be trapped for a longer duration?
How did you test this? the base duration is different each time as it's based on the monster's life compared to damage done, and the damage varies over a large range, making successive trappings not directly comparable. The relevant stats are definitely applied in the code.
I'm reading this thread but having a hard time figuring it out.

What ways can you increase the damage done of Bear Trap? Are there any passives that increase it? I'm still a bit unsure of how it works exactly.

Thanks
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:
I'm reading this thread but having a hard time figuring it out.

What ways can you increase the damage done of Bear Trap? Are there any passives that increase it? I'm still a bit unsure of how it works exactly.

Thanks

anything that increases 'spell damage' would up its damage, but not stuff of specific elements.

you can slap added fire support to increase its damage, since it does physical and added fire is based off that.

also anything that increases its crit chance or multiplier applies, including anything that increases spell crit/mult.

outside of +% spell damage and added fire (and the added lightning/cold supports to a lesser extent) and the crit stuff, i don't think there is any way to increase the damage.
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
anything that increases 'spell damage' would up its damage, but not stuff of specific elements.
Bear trap does not deal spell damage, and is not affected by spell damage modifiers.
+%Physical Damage from gear does work though; it's a generic Damage modifier. It's found on Uniques such as Ezomyte Peak.
Hatred adds Cold damage to Physical damage you deal.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
xenogfan43 wrote:
Bear trap does not deal spell damage, and is not affected by spell damage modifiers.

How come the misc change, when you equip a wand with Spell damage or take a passive node that increases the spell damage.

I've tested this numerous times, it will always increase it damage when looking at the damage range.
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Tried this out for the first time today.
Handy skill but noticed a problem. Goats can jump out of it.
Maybe because it's not a Goat Trap...
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
Rmpz wrote:
How come the misc change, when you equip a wand with Spell damage or take a passive node that increases the spell damage.

LCS, if you're familiar with Diablo II :P
The character sheet isn't always 100% accurate (but usually is), and Bear Trap is one of these cases where it's wrong. They're aware, and it's one of those small fixes that's going to happen some time down the line :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 21, 2013, 11:32:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info