Bear Trap

"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes. Bear trap is not dealing spell damage, and is not affected by increases to such.

Spell damage does seem to increase bear trap damage significantly.
If you are referring to the character screen, this is incorrect. Because the character screen uses the same set of stat to describe al the skills, it currently can't always show the correct values - it assumes all non-attack skills deal spell damage show shows spell damage stats. Bear Trap does not deal spell damage, however, so those stats have no meaning to the actual skill. The correct stats for damage should be shown on the skill popup.
Will Iron Will work with it?
Edit: It does not. It's odd that it shows the wrong dps when just adding up the damage shows the difference.^^
From my spell equip to fire equip (got passives for fire), it seems to drop in dps by a third, yet it's actually a few % stronger.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Nov 12, 2012, 6:38:25 AM
Is this skill remotely balanced damage wise? I know in PvP a crit build can put bear trap in and 1 shot people with absolute impunity with it. I've had instances of it dealing up to 9k damage to me, with 49k armor
No idea for PvP, but it is absolutely fine in PvE.
Limited Traps, long cooldown, a lot of enemies, and bosses that resist the immobilization all add up to make this a niche skill.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
I wouldn't say it is OP in 28 PVP but it is a must have for almost all builds.

I actually have no problems with staple skills but maybe DEVs or other players don't like if certain skills are overused in PVP.

So if there are any complaints about this fact post it.
Does Bear Trap has chance to critical?

Today I was testing with voll's protector.
But I dind't get any power charges.

Not sure if voll's protector has an issue or two.
You are not the Trap.
Just the same, it won't leech for you, and neither do you suffer from reflect.
Zaanus:

___
I'm gravely dissappointed that this trap doesn't summon a bear when released.
"
SquigPie wrote:
I'm gravely dissappointed that this trap doesn't summon a bear when released.

Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the monkeys...
What is the base duration of Bear Trap?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info